Richard looks lonely and and sad

Aniko

Richard looks lonely and and sad

Post by Aniko »

:( Richard and Apryl split in 2002.
I thought he was in love?

Did Richard have custody of his daughter after that.

According to Ms. Prose they never married and" He did not want to get married to her", he asked her to leave the house they shared? i.e. her podcast #46 with Leigh Morgan Keoschner-" My messy life". You tube .In her own words. Said some very dis-tasteful comments to the interviewer.

She was living with her then boyfriend 6 yrs younger who :( then later husband in a house Richard 16 yrs older bought for Wylie and her; but not in their name, "with MacGyver" money.
still owned by his estate. Very strange no?

Saw it on you tube and was very surprised about the comments made by Ms. Prose. Ms. Prose married someone else and had a daughter 12 years apart to Wylie.
Is she single again or with Richard?
I see pictures of Wylie with Richard. I see Wylie looks just like her mother on your website picture( Richards Recent) photos. Very sad information and he looks neglected in later pictures of him. :cry: He has said at convections that he lives like a hermit and comes to conventions to meet people. :o
KateR
Site Admin

Re: Richard looks lonely and and sad

Post by KateR »

I'm approving this post, but with caution.

Please remember that there are two sides to every story, that it's a dangerous road to try to add our own interpretations to the comments of others, and that celebrities deserve their privacy.

I have always followed the guideline that if RDA hasn't talked about something in public, then it's not my place to make assumptions or spread rumors.

I can address your factual questions: Yes, RDA and Apryl had never married and they separated, they shared custody of Wylie, and yes, Apryl remarried and had another child. As for whether it is "sad" or not would really be up to the parties involved. I have had conversations with RDA about his family and it was lovely to hear how he talked about the members of the extended family, even how much fun he had buying gifts for Wylie's little sister.

As for being a "hermit," yes, he spends time at home, and yes, he enjoys meeting fans at conventions, but I have also been with him, sitting on his back porch looking out over his manicured property and the Pacific Ocean, when he would say, "Look at all this. Why would I leave?" One can find peace in solitude - it's not always "sad."

Kate
Jo56

Post by Jo56 »

Bravo, Kate. Better to be alone than badly accompanied ( I'm happily married for now 40 years but it's always been my advice ) -- I don't think ( but it's not my own business to analyze Richard's feelings ) he is sad, I think he looks peaceful. ;) Have a great week-end, everyone !
Life is too short not to have fun. My way of life! :D
Jo56
Desert_crossing

Post by Desert_crossing »

I am obviously not going to comment on RDA private life as its just that, private.
Aniko wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:49 pm Very sad information and he looks neglected in later pictures of him.
But I will comment on this part above. I do not think he looks neglected, he's just a guy that is living his own life the way he wants.

People cannot look perfect and happy 24/7. We are all aging, we are all dealing with our own personal private issues. You cannot judge a person by how they look in a few photo's.

Its gone 04:00 hrs in the UK, I am on a night shift. We've been to a fatal road accident and awaiting a debrief, I'm still covered in mud and soaked through to the bone. My hair is a mess, I'm freezing cold, My uniform is covered in blood that is not mine and the showers are not working. I have been awake for 20 hours straight and I can tell you now I probably look neglected and sad. But in a few hours my shift will be over, I will drive to the beach and enjoy the sunrise. My smile will return and then I will head home to try and sleep.

As always, enjoy life while you can people and stay safe.
Surf, watch a sunset, listen to the waves. Live life like it's your last day here, because one day it will be.

Maybe the reason why we love our dogs so much is because the only time they’ll ever break our hearts is when they stop existing.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Desert_crossing wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:35 am I am obviously not going to comment on RDA private life as its just that, private.
Aniko wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:49 pm Very sad information and he looks neglected in later pictures of him.
But I will comment on this part above. I do not think he looks neglected, he's just a guy that is living his own life the way he wants.

People cannot look perfect and happy 24/7. We are all aging, we are all dealing with our own personal private issues. You cannot judge a person by how they look in a few photo's.
I agree with Desert_crossing . In one of his notes posted here ( March 17 ,2022) he wrote "I"m just a natural kind of guy" . I don't think he pays much attention to his looks at home and he sends selfies without checking . But when he appears in cons you can see the difference . That's why it's great he will participate in so many cons this year . You'll see him at his best , Aniko ! :D Like this :) :

KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I will admit that some of RDA's messages and pictures have seemed sad or emotional to me, too. Some I didn't post. Others I asked him first if he had intended for me to post them because they seemed so dark. Usually his response was that he hadn't thought of them as being dark or sad, but he was just playing with artistic features on his phone.

So I think the message here is, it is fine to feel that words or images make YOU (the fan) feel a certain way, whether happy, sad, or something in between. I'm just trying to caution against looking at the tiny sliver of someone's personal life that becomes public and then assuming you know how to fill in the details or how to determine what THEY must feel.

Thank you for keeping this topic respectful. :)

Kate