Brussels and Marseille November 2023

Scarver-Jo

Re: Brussels and Marseille November 2023

Post by Scarver-Jo »

EllenD wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:50 pm
Scarver-Jo wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:40 pm
PS The artist that drew the celebs drew RDA in Mac style (with the blonde hockey hair / mullet) holding a huge gun…wow. I bet the artist isn’t an 80’s kid, but - I must admit - he/she/them? did do a great job at drawing him.
I saw this when I got home and couldn't believe it ... :shock: I took a picture of it for those who haven't seen it. It's a shame, because apart from the gun it is really well done.

It was the second thing that caught my eye at Brussels’ Con. RDA being the first of course…
Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Robert Frost
Beata

Post by Beata »

Here is the autograph I received from Rick in Brussels Belgium. Had an awesome time.

"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

This is my photo with him.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Beata, I can’t see the “my” he underlined very well. It so precious too. Your picture with him is lovely. He looks happy to see you again - his Beata (you’ve been claimed)
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Beata wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:35 pm Image

This is my photo with him.
Nice 🥰

Did you know that your hotel was across the street from ours? I saw you walking in on Sunday afternoon 😅😯🤦

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thank you so much GWhite and JackGywer! How cool JackGywer, I was lucky I could still walk :roll: It was so nice seeing you in line again.
Beata

Post by Beata »

JackGywer love your photo of the autograph and yes the video worked! So awesome.
EllenD

Post by EllenD »

Hi, finally got around to writing about my experience from last weekend. I tried to keep it short … I failed (sorry!) :roll: .

Saturday

We arrived around 15:30 and there he was, signing autographs and chatting away. Everyone walked away with a big smile on their face … Around 16:15 we noticed a huge crowd had formed behind us at the photobooth and decided to join them.

This was just in front of us, there were at least as many people behind us. It was unclear who was in line for who, there was no microphone so the crew were shouting to get people to the right photoshoot on time and were making their way through the crowd, scanning tickets and handing out tokens.

After about 2,5 hours it was my turn. I held out my hand to say hi, but was rushed to take position next to Rick … that threw me off a little and everything became a bit of a blur. When the picture was taken I asked him if I could give him something. After some confusion I managed to give it to the right person. When I turned around to leave, he was still there and reached out to me, smiled and said 'now we can shake hands'. Well, that certainly snapped me right out of it! :P

When we left at 18:45 there was still an enormous queue and there were still people waiting to get an autograph … it must have been really late by the time they wrapped up. I spoke to someone at the info booth as I was leaving. She was very apologetic about the long wait and said it was because Jean Claude Van Damme was there on Saturday and it would be much more relaxed on Sunday … right! :P

Sunday

When we arrived around 11:15 he was just setting up to start the autograph session after the first photoshoot. There was already a huge queue and with the experience from the day before we decided to join straight away. We ended up skipping the panel to have any chance of getting to the front of the queue before the photoshoot at 16:00. When he came back after the panel and lunch we were standing in line right in front of his desk. There were a lot of people with a MacGyver Funko Pop figure to sign.

As we approached the end of the line, it was getting closer and closer to 16:00 and sure enough with just 3 people in front of us, he was called away for the photoshoot. As he left he said 'I'm so sorry'. He had to climb over the table to leave, but stopped halfway and just lay down on the table for a little bit. He then walked over to Fiona Dourif's desk and photobombed the selfie that was being taken :D (I have not been able to find it yet …). It took her a little while to realize but then turned around and gave him a hug.

Fortunately this time there were only about 50 photos to be taken, so he returned fairly quickly and soon enough I was standing next to him. I laid the picture of the photoshoot on the table and he asked me how my day was and which colour I'd like him to sign the photograph … I told him I was watching MacGyver with my son now and that I was surprised he likes it. He said he was too, that it's kind of slow. He asked me how old my son was, I added he also discovered the Simpsons recently, to which he replied 'Yes!' and my time was up ... I remembered just in time to shake his hand and thank him. He smiled and told me to say hi to my son.

So now, after 5,5 hours, I'm also walking away with a big smile on my face. When I got to that table, everything and everyone else just disappeared … just to have these few minutes of his undivided attention means so much and he knows it. Rick seemed happy and cheerful whenever I saw him, though I can imagine he must have been tired. I have so much love and respect for that man … what a wonderful person!

Thank you Paramount for showing the reruns of MacGyver and thank you to my boyfriend for giving me that little push to go to Brussels (and for queuing with me for 8 hours … :P ) Otherwise I would not have had this wonderful experience.

By the way, you should have seen the look on my son's face when I told him Rick said hi to him: "MacGyver said hi to me! :shock: " I tried to explain it wasn't actually MacGyver, but he wasn't having any of it. :lol:
Last edited by EllenD on Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Life, far more important than what you do for a living - RDA
Dutchie81

Post by Dutchie81 »

What a great weekend you had Ellen!

The pictures look great, you both look happy and relaxed :-)
Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.