Thank you, Kate

tvero80

Re: Thank you, Kate and Rick

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you , Rick , for sending the three pics of your girl and thank you Kate for posting them here . I don't have a dog or a cat because it would be too hard to lose him or her ... :(
Newfieblue

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by Newfieblue »

Thanks Rick and Kate for the update. My Newfs are 12; which is very old for the breed. Both are rescues. Andy had adorable white feet and I’m sure a talker..When it’s time, I will miss the snoring and chatter..hugs..big assed hugs…
Lis

Post by Lis »

Dear Kate,
thank you for the new update with Pictures from Andy.
Thanks also for the photos from the Steel City Con.
Do you also have a photo of you with Richard Dean Anderson?
I guess I'm not the only one who would like to see a picture of you two.

I now live in Sangerhausen, the city of roses.
I haven't lived in Berlin for six months now.
It was definitely not a mistake.
It is really beautiful here and my dog also loves the area.
Greetings from Sangerhausen.
MacGyverGirl

Post by MacGyverGirl »

Thank you Kate and Rick for posting memories of Andy! When I read the post of her passing, it brought back memories of all of mine who have crossed the rainbow bridge. In particular, I remember my Duffy who spent his last days at home on hospice. I remember his end of life breaths. He passed in my arms, crossing the rainbow bridge of his own accord. I feel that a dog crossing on their own is the greatest compliment they can give to their human! I hope Andy paid Rick that compliment.

We all have breeds that touch our hearts and for me it is the Westie. I have two at home now, 7 and 15. Every morning I kiss them and tell them I love them. I am cherishing every moment with my 15 year old. Even though she is almost deaf, she is still spunky, loved prancing in this last winter's snow.

I also cried when Rick talked about Andy's doggie dementia ( canine cognitive dysfunction). My first Westie had that. It is truly heartbreaking.

Sorry for the long post but I can empathize with anyone who has been in the same shoes.
"I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge."
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

Thank you, Kate, for posting Rick's pictures and words about Andy. I can so empathize with his feelings of loss and enduring grief. My family has always had dogs, so I know well how painful it is to lose them, from the Shetland Sheepdog we had when I was a kid to the succession of Black Standard Poodles that have marked my adult life. Remarkable dogs, each one with its own distinct personality. All dearly loved and then missed when it was their time to leave us. I have always thought it a flaw in the universe that dogs don't have longer life spans.... But that grief and pain are just testaments to how much they bring to our lives and it's so well worth it. But so hard... :cry:
Last edited by LTTPlits on Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tvero80

Re: Thank you, Kate and Rick

Post by tvero80 »

Wow ! Beautiful ! Thank you for sharing !
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thanks Kate and Rick, did he paint that picture of just took a photo? I guess it was a photo. He is so artistic you never know. ;) Reminds me of my cat sitting in my lap while I am trying to do something. :lol:

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Thank you, Kate, for sharing Rick’s note and great pics from Prague. I love the painting pic! I hope he’s enjoying his stay there.

Please tell Rick how much we enjoy seeing the world (and his yard) through the lens of his phone (or camera).
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thanks Kate and Rick for the recent update about Prague and Pittsburgh. Hope Rick gets over his cold soon!! Love the ketsup pic and Teri as always is so lovely, the first pic I took with her and Rick was not as planned, forturnately I had a second photo op and Rick held my prop of a skull :lol: later Teri saw me walking away with the pic and asked me if it turned out better, and it definitely did, what a nice lady.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Thank you, Kate, for sharing Rick’s note and pics so quickly, and to Rick, for sending them when he’s feeling under the weather. I hope he finally gets some rest after the late night crowds in Prague he mentioned during the panels and is over his cold quickly.

Love the artwork! No one does plate art like RDA!