Thank you, Kate

GWhite

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by GWhite »

I love the website, Kate. You’ve included so much information here, it’s fan paradise. Sometimes I’m looking for something specific, but other times I just scroll through. I’d be lost without the SG1 Lexicon and Episode Guide. Thank you so much for putting this together and for the time you spend keeping it up. I’m in it multiple times a day for something or other.

I loved meeting you and chatting, if only for a few quick moments, at Steel City. I’m glad you had the opportunity for ice cream and a chat with Rick. He had to be worn out by Sunday afternoon. He gives so much to his fans.

Thanks again.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

GWhite wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:49 pm I love the website, Kate. You’ve included so much information here, it’s fan paradise. Sometimes I’m looking for something specific, but other times I just scroll through. I’d be lost without the SG1 Lexicon and Episode Guide. Thank you so much for putting this together and for the time you spend keeping it up. I’m in it multiple times a day for something or other.

I loved meeting you and chatting, if only for a few quick moments, at Steel City. I’m glad you had the opportunity for ice cream and a chat with Rick. He had to be worn out by Sunday afternoon. He gives so much to his fans.

Thanks again.
Thank you. :) It was good to meet you as well, and your friends, though we didn't have much time to talk in line.

It's also very gratifying to hear that people still visit the website. RDA and I talked about what purpose the site serves now that he is retired, and what the future of it might be. It was actually reassuring last weekend to meet a number of people who continue to visit - and some who are only just discovering it after all these years. (Do you realize the site just passed its 26th birthday? :shock: )

I DO still intend to complete the MacGyver Lexicon. It's just that 7 seasons is so daunting (knowing how long it took me to do all 10 seasons of SG-1). I'm just trying to get up the motivation amid all the other projects I am juggling at the moment. But it would be nice to see it finally DONE. :)

Kate
Beata

Post by Beata »

Kate, I hope you keep this wonderful website going for as long as you possibly can. Rick has so many new fans now as well and many of them are younger, so it would be great for them.

I just found out about 'cons' around the same time I found your website, and it was because of your website that I knew where he was going to be and could join in the fun. Not to mention his photo's and all the information you have aquired, truly awesome!

Thanks so much,
Beata :D
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

KateR wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:23 pm It's also very gratifying to hear that people still visit the website. RDA and I talked about what purpose the site serves now that he is retired, and what the future of it might be. It was actually reassuring last weekend to meet a number of people who continue to visit - and some who are only just discovering it after all these years. (Do you realize the site just passed its 26th birthday? :shock: )
As one of those who relatively recently discovered the web site and Forum, I very much appreciate all the work you have done, Kate, to create, develop, and to keep it going. (Happy belated birthday on that! :D WOW!) I discovered SG-1 during the early and darkest days of the Pandemic. It became one of the ways I got through and, turning me into a fan of his, set me off on watching everything he'd starred in and then, on to repeated viewings of SG-1. So truly, late (very late) to the party.... Even though RDA is retired, he still has so many fans all over the world and will have new fans to come. That's one of the wonderful things about most of his shows and movies still being available to watch. I'm certainly grateful! ;) So, I hope the web site has a long, long life ahead and many more birthdays. For his fans, it is a repository of so much awesome information and knowledge (and without painful mind-rearranging devices involved! :lol: :roll:)... And there is still so much, too much fun to be had! :D
lesliekretchmar

Re: Thank you, Rick and Kate!

Post by lesliekretchmar »

I loved the updates from the steel city! Especially the up to date pictures, Rick! :heart: :heart:
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Kate, you’ve created a great resource. The information on your site is priceless. It’s the only place we find much of it; it’s also where we meet friends, it’s where we occasionally see a note from Rick, and hear from someone we trust what he is up to and how he’s feeling (some of us are old, too, so we commiserate with those aches and pains and bad memory).

Does it serve a purpose? You bet it does!

When you talk to Rick next, let him know - we are here!

(We’ll still be here whether you finish MacGyver or not!)
LTTPlits

Post by LTTPlits »

GWhite wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:21 pm Does it serve a purpose? You bet it does!
When you talk to Rick next, let him know - we are here!
Just wanted to echo your well-chosen words, GWhite!! I really hope Rick knows how his fans feel about him, even though he is retired and is a very humble man for all his fame. I hope he knows that, along with traveling to see him at cons, people are still vitally interested in this website, in learning about him and what he's doing from a trusted source, hearing from him when the spirit moves him, and in participating in the Forum. So, I echo your sentiments, completely, GWhite: we will be here!
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

KateR wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:23 pm It's also very gratifying to hear that people still visit the website. RDA and I talked about what purpose the site serves now that he is retired, and what the future of it might be. It was actually reassuring last weekend to meet a number of people who continue to visit - and some who are only just discovering it after all these years. (Do you realize the site just passed its 26th birthday? :shock: )
I'm one of the 'oldest' members posting here ( maybe the oldest ? :? ) . I think the fact that Rick decided to attend cons again boosted the interest in the forum and incited fans to write messages . It has been great to see all these threads revived .

There are fans in the States AND in Europe ( all over the world in fact ) who are still willing to meet MacGyver , Jack O' Neill , Rick in fact cause they are close as he often says during cons and know ( more ) about him (them ) thanks to your awesome website . So yes , like the others , I would say this site ( still) has a purpose , Kate . I hope Rick knows it too .
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

Thank you, Kate, for posting Rick’s note. He must miss Andy a lot.

I think each one of our best friends take a little piece of our heart with them, and some take a little larger piece than others. I almost took a picture of my best friend Bentley to Steel City, but I knew I wouldn’t have been able to ask Rick to sign it knowing how much he must miss Andy. I miss Bentley, too. He was my buddy and never left my side.

Next time you talk to Rick, let him know we think about him and his Andy.
Beata

Post by Beata »

Thanks Kate and Rick for the update, it is so hard losing your best friend. I showed Rick a pic of my 2 dogs at Steel City con and was so surprised that just by the pic he picked the most loving dog of the two, I love them both of course, but the one he chose snuggles much more than the other.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver