Questions and answers about Stargate

mac_jack_fangirl

Re: Questions and answers about Stargate

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

Wan't he showing them a scar or something? And he certainly had sparrow legs :lol:
Kti

Post by Kti »

mac_jack_fangirl wrote:Wan't he showing them a scar or something? And he certainly had sparrow legs :lol:
I just do not know what he is doing at 0.55 and 1.04 :cry:! Therefore I need words!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VofFsz5 ... 4JmCjEdErg
I only know asparagus legs and he has definitely not! Although, I love asparagus ;)!
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I LOVE that video, kti! I don't know what is going on at those places either (.55 and 1.04) - I just know the video is terrific!

Here is a video I found - :D :D :D

"love Richard Dean Anderson" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pihHfAC ... 4JmCjEdErg

by Golden Norway
B
mac_jack_fangirl

Post by mac_jack_fangirl »

It was his knee surgery.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aujP0oH3wQ
Kti

Post by Kti »

mac_jack_fangirl wrote:It was his knee surgery.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aujP0oH3wQ
Oh, the bad knee ... thank you ... and why he does it :? :?: :!:
Sanchos

Post by Sanchos »

bftlovesRDA wrote:Ok, here is probably a dumb question since everyone probably already knows this answer. I have not heard a definitive answer so I am asking: Why did Michael Shanks leave Stargate SG1 when he did - only to come back later? Was he upset about something or what?

Thanks for any replies.
"Showtime's announcement that it would not renew Stargate SG-1 after season 5 coincided with Michael Shanks's decision to leave the show over concerns of being underutilized...
Nemec's early appearances, beginning with the penultimate episode of season 5 "Meridian", failed to win over some of the show's fans. Nemec was willing to continue playing the character after season 6 or in a feature film or a spinoff series. However, the producers reached an agreement with Shanks to return full-time in season 7, leaving Nemec with a recurring role", wikipedia says.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Sanchos wrote:
bftlovesRDA wrote:Ok, here is probably a dumb question since everyone probably already knows this answer. I have not heard a definitive answer so I am asking: Why did Michael Shanks leave Stargate SG1 when he did - only to come back later? Was he upset about something or what?

Thanks for any replies.
"Showtime's announcement that it would not renew Stargate SG-1 after season 5 coincided with Michael Shanks's decision to leave the show over concerns of being underutilized...
Nemec's early appearances, beginning with the penultimate episode of season 5 "Meridian", failed to win over some of the show's fans. Nemec was willing to continue playing the character after season 6 or in a feature film or a spinoff series. However, the producers reached an agreement with Shanks to return full-time in season 7, leaving Nemec with a recurring role", wikipedia says.
Thanks, Sanchos, for that answer to my question. I appreciate it.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I have a question about Stargate.

We all here love Richard Dean Anderson in Stargate - so much so that at least I watch Stargate episodes over and over - can't get enough of them.....mainly because of HIS PART in the series. There would be no 'Stargate franchise" without Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O'Neill - IMHO - it just wouldn't be the same.

I was wondering, however, what reason the people who purchase the DVD's give for liking Stargate so much and have been cataloguing the reasons and the comments from Amazon about each of the seasons they offer for sale. (You don't have to buy the series from Amazon, but that's what I did and I have NOT BEEN DISAPPOINTED IN ANY WAY.)

I thought it might be good to have us "guess" what the reasons for liking Stargate so much are given by those who purchase the DVD's.....so I am asking what reasons people do give for this.

I will start:

The Actors, primarily Richard Dean Anderson as a funny Jack O'Neill

Others can give any other reasons they think those who purchased the DVD's on Amazon gave....or comments the purchasers made....and you can cheat and look at the reviews if you want to get ideas there. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Here are a few of the comments people who buy the Stargate SG1 DVD's made re: the actors and esp. RDA:
  • Still one of the best shows around. Not only is it filled with action and humor and keeps drawing you back for more but it has freaking MacGyver!

What can I say? I saw the big screen feature when it originally came out but Colonel Jack O'Neil will always be Richard Anderson and Michael Shanks will always be Daniel. Don't get me wrong ... Kurt Russell and James Spader were phenomenal in the film but put up against 10 years of episodes - the television Stargate SG-1 was the best of the best.

one of the best scifi shows since star trek. Richard dean anderson is great as jack. The villians are top notch

I enjoy watching these science fiction episodes. Been a fan of Richard Dean Anderson from way back.

Love SG1. Started to watch it with my family, 11 year old boy, 15 year old daughter, and wife of unspecified age. Everyone has our favorites and gets the kid talking about Egypt, the military, what MacGyver was, and trying to figure out what's going on in each episode. Love the humor and the action.

For anyone who loves Syfy and space shows. Richard Dean Anderson really makes this show stand out. This show lasted 10 seasons and I enjoyed them all. Hope you do too.

What a great show that keeps delivering excellent scifi ideas paired with Richard Dean Anderson's hilariously dry humor. I've watched this show 3 times through and I'm on round 4!

I loved this series and am glad I can keep watching it. Richard Dean Anderson was soooo hot! It's an hour of fantasy with a dab of humor thrown in. Great cast

5 STARS on all episodes from the beginning to the end. SG-1 has to be the only FIVE STAR TV series ever produced (in my opinion)/ Every episode is directed as 'good' as any movie and generally even 'better' then most. The best episodes are of course with Richard Dean Anderson (Col. Jack O'Neill) '6 Star Rating' The episodes that followed the 'less seen' Gen. O'Neill were also excellent but just lacking the '6 Star' rating the 'O'Neill' episodes had. All-in-all still the BEST action/adventure, Sci-Fi/Fantasy ever made for TV. Well made, a lot of 'thought' went into each episode, great 'bad guys', ingenious. The Hi-Tech 'bugs' have to be the most logically thought out villains ever thought of, very clever and if you think about it... probable (? ya think?)

It's a very fun and exciting show. Richard Dean Anderson is funny. I've watched the series twice now. I love it.

I discovered this series late in the game and joined Prime just to watch all of it from start to finish, including the Spader/Russell film that started the whole thing. I don't normally enjoy sci-fi all that much, but the concept of this series is fascinating (the Stargate) and the time travel episodes really hook me. And Jack keeps it from getting too heavy.

Love it!!! The entire sg-1 series is awesome. Richard Dean Anderson is hilarious. I could spend a week watching the entire series

You have to love a show that stars Richard Dean Anderson and makes a MacGyver reference in the very first episode.

I have watched this series when it was first on TV and now I am watching it again. I love the concept and the stories of this TV series. Richard Dean Anderson's sense of humor and the other character's unique qualities makes the stories entertaining and exciting. You never know what each episode will be about or what twists and turns the story may take. I was hooked from the pilot episode and I am not surprised the series lasted for over ten seasons.

Yes its the Air Force prancing around on other planets, but its also MacGyver. This is one of the few shows I have no trouble watching. This is my second time through the seasons and the episodes don't get old.

Best series ever! Jack is so funny. Daniel Jackson and Teal'c really add to the episodes, and Carter is both beautiful and intelligent.

Stargate was one of the best movies ever made and SG1 the best television show followed closely by SGA. Then it was all down hill. I have them all. Richard Dean Anderson Rocks.
I just love reading these comments - these are just the ones that I found that mention RDA and/or Jack and/or MacGyver as one of the main reasons people love Stargate SG1. There are many other reasons for this love of Stargate - maybe others can guess what they are.
B
Anne

Post by Anne »

The reason I bought the DVDs of the whole show - instead of recording it from TV - was that I wanted the show without dubbing. I haven't watched a single SG1 ep in German TV ever since I got my DVDs.

The reason I love this show still after all these years is a wonderful cast that has chemistry and teamy goodness that reminds me a bit of my ST days. Furthermore all the supporting charakters are 'alive' and casted really well, the show has developed wonderfully from the original movie with great stories and ideas.

And, of course, Jack and Daniel are my favorites and the ones that shine the most for me. I became a RDA fan and a MS fan because of the show, and it's not the same when either one of them isn't there. Yet, I enjoyed at least parts of season six and nine and ten as well because it's a great show. I could happily do without Mitchell, but ... Oh eell LOL