Meeting Richard

Stoneridge

Meeting Richard

Post by Stoneridge »

Well I just found out how much it is to meet Rick here in Auckland come October and pretty much hell would have to freeze over and the devil give out free sleigh rides before I could afford it. It is $299.00 and that does not include getting into the event, that is just for a couple of minutes - if you're lucky enough to have him stop by your group. Cannot believe it, chance of a lifetime - I feel robbed. How on earth could I raise that kind of money on my ridiculous income and the way I struggle on my own, I just cannot figure out a way I can do this, I could skip paying my mortgage but my bank won't like that at all. I could cut down on groceries or power but I allready do just to get by each week. Oh God, it's so unfair!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Sorry for the whinge but I feel really upset now as I thought I might have had a smidgeon of a chance. Just so unfair! I think someone upstairs does not like me!
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
PamK1950

Re: Meeting Richard

Post by PamK1950 »

I saw that the $299 is for a ticket to the special Stargate Brunch. Photo ops and autographs are only $40 and $30, which is a lot less than they usually cost. The encounter with RDA at those may be for a shorter time, but at least you'd get to meet him. Just a thought.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

I saw that too. Still cannot afford it. Such a long story that I don't want to devulge here, but all in all I struggle merely keeping my house and my fur babies housed all on my own
Clean/Green NZ
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

I just had a brainwave! I might ask my brother if he could spring me an early December birthday present. Maybe then I might be able to go. Worth a shot maybe.
Clean/Green NZ
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

Go for it!
Photo ops can be very nice!
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Thanks Fandango. I can't get hold of him at the moment as he's gone bush hunting somewhere I think. Probably hunting Bambi's grrrrrr, should leave them alone!
Clean/Green NZ
missmobius

Post by missmobius »

PamK1950 wrote:I saw that the $299 is for a ticket to the special Stargate Brunch. Photo ops and autographs are only $40 and $30, which is a lot less than they usually cost. The encounter with RDA at those may be for a shorter time, but at least you'd get to meet him. Just a thought.
OMG I would pay $1,000 to sit at a brunch with RDA, just give me the chance and I'm there!
missmobius

Post by missmobius »

Stoneridge wrote:I just had a brainwave! I might ask my brother if he could spring me an early December birthday present. Maybe then I might be able to go. Worth a shot maybe.
ABSOLUTELY GO GO GO GO, you cannot imagine how AMAZING meeting him and talking to him is. It's worth 10 times what they are charging. It will be one of the best memories of your life, totally worth it!
xena

Post by xena »

dear stoneridge,

believe me i can understand you very well around here..
i do not know if i will have the opp to meet him but i do know there is really very low chance that he will be coming to my country.. cause he does not have enough fans around here. so the best way to meet him is to go to the cons etc but that would cost much more than 299 to get there and plus hotel and plus all the extras like photo opp etc..
i hope you can meet him.. and don't forget to share yourphoto.. i will envy you.. hugs..
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Dutch Comic Con coming up... I gues the chance that he will be a guest is veeeeeery small, but I keep up a little bit of hope!!! Checking the guest list on a daily base...;)
Lots of love,

Lies