RIP Robin Williams

j-sky

RIP Robin Williams

Post by j-sky »

It's so sad day....
Robin Williams was found dead yesterday...
He is not my favorite actor but certainly one of the unforgettable actor.
But one of my favorite movie is Dead Poets Society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Poets_Society

http://youtu.be/6RbY2iTOUQA

- Oh Captain, My Captain - Rest In Peace Robin Williams
xena

Re: RIP Robin Williams

Post by xena »

yes it is so sad. he was one of my favorites and i can't help but remember his scene from patch adams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlSqLH68Xs
may he rest in peace..

and he was only a year younger than our man.
i hope and pray that rda has many many healthy and happy years to live..
Kti

Post by Kti »

If it proves true, that it was suicide due to his severe depression hits me this even deeper. How immeasurably unhappy this man and great actor must have been, who has given us all with his art so much joy.
May he where he is now find his peace of mind.
darling

Post by darling »

I couldn't hardly believe that it is true. So sad about this man passed away. I've seen many of his movies and the series "Mork & Mindy" attended my childhood. He was such a funny guy and it's unbelievable how deeply hopeless his life must have been that he committed suicide. A great actor is gone.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Yes it is a very sad day for the loss of Robin Williams. I can still watch "Mrs. Doubtfire" and laugh my head off. So sorry he was so depressed. The world has lost a genius.
B
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

I don't know all his career, but he was loved by many people. I feel for his family, friends and fans.
If it was for depression, he has now found peace. RIP Robin Williams.
Claudia
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

Depression is a cheating S.O.B., blinding state that doesn't let you see beyond its dark curtains. It's a sneak and can attack when it feels your weakness. It can turn your whole world grey. For those that would say, "just snap out of it"...I doubt you've really been there. Clinical depression isn't that easy. Often there is a lot more to it that just a thought.

From what I recall of early interviews with Robin, depression has been a long time battle for him. I'm so sorry that he lost this fight. He will be very, very missed. One can only hope that others will learn from his loss.
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Robin Williams was such a wonderful actor. I haven't seen all of his movies, but I loved him in "Mrs Doubtfire" and I know he has played many amazing roles. It is really sad the way he's gone. Behind the glory, the fame and the spotlight, you never know what's going on in someone's life. The world has certainly lost another brilliant actor. We will always remember him for the laughter and the joy he has given us. He will be missed. Find your peace in God's arms Robin.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

If anything "good" comes out of Robin's death I hope it's the realization that depression is a serious "disease". There were a few times during these past three years that I felt myself starting to go down that path. Fortunately, I had friends and doctors that helped me make it through. RIP Robin. You will be missed.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Kti

Post by Kti »

I hope that this terrible human tragedy leads to greater understanding and tolerance among the general population towards people with depression. They are often ridiculed but only maliciously. Without background knowledge what a serious disease it is.
Already have an admission depression is an almost insurmountable obstacle for fear of the reactions.
I hope that people are startled, are light-hearing for the interests of their fellow men.
It is sad that only again had something incomprehensible happen to sensitize us to this topic.

It's hard for me not only because I can not do it in my own language, to write it ...
I will try it and hope nobody get bored or encumber.
The history I want to spare you!
2013 I got an eight week course of treatment after collapsing in chronic fatigue condition in a psychosomatic clinic on the Baltic Sea. And I was like, duh! Kti between the madman.
I was so impressive to know people with overwhelming life stories.

In the third week, one of my new friends had hanged in the woods behind the health clinic!
Shoot me now just back the tears in his eyes. I suspected that she was fine, so did we all, and inside of her, it was very different.
I often think of Alexandra. She went at night all alone out there and has left her two children in the room back. How desperate they must have been. How desperate not only to go this route! The choice of their path is so cruel.

Excuse me, I had to write from the soul that now.
Somehow, in the hope that by Williams death a jerk by the company goes.