Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

Beata

Re: Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

Post by Beata »

Welcome Scifichic good to have you here! As for not hearing from RDA there was a picture but no message posted on January 13th on instagram so he is still around, and it was great to see him posting there again because it has been almost 2 years since he posted there. Here is the address you can copy it in your browser and check it out. Or just click on the link and it should take you there. Enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7SP0SJgxJ_ ... tw6gmfoceh
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7SP0SJgxJ_ ... _copy_link

Here is another link if the first one doesn't work. It is a pic of Andy.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Beata wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 am Welcome Scifichic good to have you here! As for not hearing from RDA there was a picture but no message posted on January 13th on instagram so he is still around, and it was great to see him posting there again
I had written to him to ask if I was meant to include that Instagram post on the website, and he said he didn't know he had posted to Instagram, so I am assuming that either he meant that picture to go somewhere else and posted it accidentally, or someone else has access to his account.

He had used that account for a short time to share with friends, but once people started spreading the link across Twitter and Facebook and other media, and more and more fans were leaving comments, he lost interest. He asked Wylie to remove the comments and to take down a bunch of his earlier posts, and he really hasn't posted there since. At least not intentionally.

Social media is a mine field, and it has become more and more complicated with the imposters that are out there. There is a fake RDA Facebook page that has run for years, and thousands have been fooled by it, but now that the imposter has started asking fans for money, there will probably be legal action taken. :roll:

He has asked me if there is a way for him to post directly to fans through the website, as a safe alternative to social media, and I have told him I would be happy to set him up, but I'm not expecting that to happen any time soon either.

Kate
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I was a bit surprised when I saw he had posted something on Instagram ...
KateR wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:41 pm He has asked me if there is a way for him to post directly to fans through the website, as a safe alternative to social media, and I have told him I would be happy to set him up, but I'm not expecting that to happen any time soon either.
Kate
Too bad . It would be great if he registered here !
bserlori

Post by bserlori »

100 cards! That's amazing!!!! I know I'm new here, but I just want to thank you Kate for all you are doing! This fandom is wonderful and I'm sure he will be extremely excited to see how much he is loved!
Beata

Post by Beata »

He has asked me if there is a way for him to post directly to fans through the website, as a safe alternative to social media, and I have told him I would be happy to set him up, but I'm not expecting that to happen any time soon either.

Kate

Thanks for answering Kate, it would be wonderful if you could somehow set something up for Richard on this website, because we would shower him with nothing but love and it would be so uplifting for him (not that he needs it often, but I am certain there would be times where he would) and wonderful for us fans too. I know you do so much work for this website and it is truly appreciated, and if RDA would like this to happen, you would be making him happy too. Please give it some serious thought.
Did you get the Christmas card? Hope so...

Beata
thescifichic

Post by thescifichic »

Beata wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 am Welcome Scifichic good to have you here! As for not hearing from RDA there was a picture but no message posted on January 13th on instagram so he is still around, and it was great to see him posting there again because it has been almost 2 years since he posted there. Here is the address you can copy it in your browser and check it out. Or just click on the link and it should take you there. Enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7SP0SJgxJ_ ... tw6gmfoceh
Hi Beata,

Thank you for the instagram link. I didn't even know he had an account. I used to follow him on Twitter, but since Wiley posted as per the following link on his behalf to come to his website for the latest I was none the wiser:

https://twitter.com/andersonrdean/statu ... 47168?s=20

Take care all!

Trace.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Beata wrote: Kate, it would be wonderful if you could somehow set something up for Richard on this website, because we would shower him with nothing but love and it would be so uplifting for him (not that he needs it often, but I am certain there would be times where he would) and wonderful for us fans too. I know you do so much work for this website and it is truly appreciated, and if RDA would like this to happen, you would be making him happy too.
I think that may be the image people have of him, but that is not really the type of person he is.

Kate
Beata

Post by Beata »

I think that may be the image people have of him, but that is not really the type of person he is.

Kate
Kate, if that is true, could you please enlighten us with the type of person he is. I have met him 4 times at conventions and he seems very genuine. I hope you mean he is a happy person, because that I would believe. But no one is happy all the time.

Beata
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

I'm confused at the previous comments. KATER could you clarify what you meant by "that the image people have of him". I must have missed something. Thank you in advance.