Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

KateR
Site Admin

Re: Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

Post by KateR »

frenchwriter wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:04 pm HI all,

Could you help me please?
I didn't sent card to postmail but I'm going to put my message on the fan mail.
But I would like to know if it's possible to add a photo on the fan mail or not?
Who can to respons please?

But, I'm very glad to be on the great gift of Judith, of course... :D

Thank you :)
Photos won't appear on the Fan Mail page, (it is a formatting nightmare to include pictures of all different sizes), but if your picture is already posted online somwhere, you can always include a link to the picture in your message.

BTW, the cards have been pouring in, usually 10-20 new ones each day. I had missed one day going to the post office, and when I arrived the next day the box was so full nothing else would fit! JackGywer's package arrived yesterday, and the poor thing was sticking out the back of the post office box because it was so crowded. :shock: But it has safely arrived, along with well over 100 cards so far. I haven't really gone through them all yet - they're mostly still just sitting in several piles in my den - but I've noticed many postmarks from other countries, so it's very nice to see such an international mix. :)

I have asked people to use the deadline of January 18th, but of course I knew there are always more that will arrive late. I will probably be mailing off the box of cards (yes! box! too many for a padded envelope! :D ) on the 20th or 21st to be sure it arrives in time for his birthday. As long as your card arrives by then, it will be included. So there's still time, at least in the US. And if not, there is always the Fan Mail page.

Thanks again for supporting this! :)

Kate
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Thank you all for your sympathy, it is slowly getting better. It is now very red and dry and I feel like my skin is tearing open. I am constantly applying cream, it will probably take a while.
:roll: :roll:

But that doesn't hurt anymore!

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

KateR wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:23 pm
Photos won't appear on the Fan Mail page, (it is a formatting nightmare to include pictures of all different sizes), but if your picture is already posted online somwhere, you can always include a link to the picture in your message.

BTW, the cards have been pouring in, usually 10-20 new ones each day. I had missed one day going to the post office, and when I arrived the next day the box was so full nothing else would fit! JackGywer's package arrived yesterday, and the poor thing was sticking out the back of the post office box because it was so crowded. :shock: But it has safely arrived, along with well over 100 cards so far. I haven't really gone through them all yet - they're mostly still just sitting in several piles in my den - but I've noticed many postmarks from other countries, so it's very nice to see such an international mix. :)

I have asked people to use the deadline of January 18th, but of course I knew there are always more that will arrive late. I will probably be mailing off the box of cards (yes! box! too many for a padded envelope! :D ) on the 20th or 21st to be sure it arrives in time for his birthday. As long as your card arrives by then, it will be included. So there's still time, at least in the US. And if not, there is always the Fan Mail page.

Kate
Thank you for everything you do. So nice to hear that he receives many cards from all over the world.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Indeed ! Nice to hear he's so popular all over the world ! I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see his face when he opens that box ! Hope he likes this birthday present from the fans :) . And again THANK YOU J and KATE for initiating the project(s) !
J , glad to hear your hand doesn't hurt anymore .
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

JackGywer so so glad your hand is better. Did Dr put you on Silvadene cream for burns? It's the best. Has real silver in it. Helped mine heal really fast & barely a scar(between fingers where my ring heated up & melted way down in skin). Thank you for all you did.

Kate Thank you for the huge effort you're putting into making RDA'S Birthday a great one. We really appreciate you.
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

KateR wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:23 pm
frenchwriter wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:04 pm HI all,

Could you help me please?
I didn't sent card to postmail but I'm going to put my message on the fan mail.
But I would like to know if it's possible to add a photo on the fan mail or not?
Who can to respons please?

But, I'm very glad to be on the great gift of Judith, of course... :D

Thank you :)

Kate
Thank you for your explanation about the fan mail.

And over 100 Birthday's cards... wouahh very great !! We'll see lots of stars in RIchard's eyes, it's sure, he'll surprised. :D

Fan mails... 100 cards... JackGyvers's bookwith our wishes... Richard will be very busy during long days :lol: Fantastic !! :D

Thank you Kate and Judith (and I'm glad to know your hand gets better Judith... )
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

JK = thank you for getting the book to Kate in time. So sorry (again) about the burn but glad it doesn't hurt right now.

Kate - thank you so much for getting all the cards to RDA in time for his birthday. And, as others have said, it is WONDERFUL that he is receiving so many cards and from all over the world!!!!!

best to you both
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Many Thanks to you Judith for doing the project for Richard's birthday, in spite of your hand injury, it looks like it must have had a painful beginning, but I am glad you are not feeling any pain anymore. The idea's were awesome ! He will be very busy for several days reading all the greetings in the book and the cards too. It should certainly make him smile and feel joyful as a birthday boy should feel. :D

Thanks to you Kate as well for making the P.O. Box, wow over 100 cards is awesome. I sent you a Christmas card via the P.O. box I hope you saw it, I addressed it to you and on the back said that this one is for you Kate, please let me know if you got it or not, I can imagine with so many cards it would be easy to overlook. If RDA gets it by mistake I am sure he will forward it back to you.

all my best,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
thescifichic

Post by thescifichic »

Thank you Kate for the updates. It's been really cool to hear of you receiving everyone's cards.

I hope Rick is okay as we have not heard from him in a while and maybe has not got lost in his back yard, given how big it is. I assume it will be all of the preparations for his 70th and arranging a big cake lol

Take care and thanks heaps

Trace xoxo
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

thescifichic wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:01 am Thank you Kate for the updates. It's been really cool to hear of you receiving everyone's cards.

I hope Rick is okay as we have not heard from him in a while and maybe has not got lost in his back yard, given how big it is. I assume it will be all of the preparations for his 70th and arranging a big cake lol

Take care and thanks heaps

Trace xoxo
Hi, Scifichic,

Welcome to rdanderson.com. See that you joined in late Dec, 2019. Glad you are here.

I hope Rick is okay also and hope we do hear from him soon - about his cards and the book on his birthday if not before.

Take care and see you around the forum!
B