Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

JackGywer

Re: Birthday Projekt for Richard Dean Anderson 2020

Post by JackGywer »

The deadline for my RDA birthday project was yesterday. Many thanks to everyone, I counted 42 participants, I hope I have not forgotten anyone. If necessary, there are two blank pages in the book that I will use somehow. Of course I will check everything carefully again.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

JackGywer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 am So, the birthday project is now on its last legs. I designed a book and everyone who took part got their own page. I just have to make the individual pages a little nice and the book can go on its way. In the next few days everyone will get a photo of their book page. I hope you like it.
I will post the cover of the book here soon.
Thank you very much Judith, you're the Best with your great ideas... :D
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

what an awesome idea. thank you so much for all your hard work. I bet it looks absolutely stunning...
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Just an FYI, despite all the people who have emailed to say that their card is on the way, nothing has shown up in my mailbox yet.

When I was at the post office today, I checked with them to see if there was a problem, or if mail was being misdurected or returned for some reason. She checked and said there was no problem that she could see, so perhaps it was just because of the busy holiday season.

So I also asked her about mail that also had RDA's name on it, and she said that could be a problem. I still think that if it at least has MY name on it, it should get through, but she said Homeland Security checks everything and gets suspicious when one person is picking up mail for someone else. And I couldn't add RDA's name to the box as an authorized person because to be able to do that, he would need to show up and present his ID, and clearly that's not going to happen.

So... The best solution is to just follow the original instructions. You may use my full name (Kate Ritter) if you think that will help - I just wasn't crazy about having my full name posted on the internet with an address. And hopefully the mail will start to pick up now after the holidays.

Kate
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

KateR wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 pm Just an FYI, despite all the people who have emailed to say that their card is on the way, nothing has shown up in my mailbox yet.

When I was at the post office today, I checked with them to see if there was a problem, or if mail was being misdurected or returned for some reason. She checked and said there was no problem that she could see, so perhaps it was just because of the busy holiday season.

So I also asked her about mail that also had RDA's name on it, and she said that could be a problem. I still think that if it at least has MY name on it, it should get through, but she said Homeland Security checks everything and gets suspicious when one person is picking up mail for someone else. And I couldn't add RDA's name to the box as an authorized person because to be able to do that, he would need to show up and present his ID, and clearly that's not going to happen.

So... The best solution is to just follow the original instructions. You may use my full name (Kate Ritter) if you think that will help - I just wasn't crazy about having my full name posted on the internet with an address. And hopefully the mail will start to pick up now after the holidays.

Kate
I sent mine last Thursday . Kate R. + address you gave us . I had asked for tracking . They said the card had arrived in the States on Saturday and afterwards … nothing ... as if it had disappeared :(
Last edited by tvero80 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

The last time the letter took 10 days from Germany to the USA and that with no holidays in between. I think it takes a little longer due to the holiday season. I try to finish the project over the weekend and then bring it to the post office. I will definitely send it in a way that I can track it online. I hope everything will work out. Since there were a few more participants, who joined the project I'm not quite done yet.
I will address it as you specified. Better safe than sorry.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 pm Just an FYI, despite all the people who have emailed to say that their card is on the way, nothing has shown up in my mailbox yet.

Kate
Kate - could you ask the post office people - what happens if the card / envelope that comes in is too big for the P.O. Box?

My card is 5.75 inches x 8 inches. I think you said your P.O. Box is 5 inches x 5 inches.

Ok - well I am going to send you another Card and this time I won't put Richard Dean Anderson c/o Kate R...... on it. I will just put your name on it.
Hopefully it will get to you in time. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for putting this together.
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:17 pm
Kate - could you ask the post office people - what happens if the card / envelope that comes in is too big for the P.O. Box?

My card is 5.75 inches x 8 inches. I think you said your P.O. Box is 5 inches x 5 inches.
Standard greeting cards usually run about 5 or 6 inches by 8 inches, and they would fit in the box diagonally. For anything bigger than that, I imagine they would be bent or folded.

I intentionally paid for the larger box because I knew not all cards would fit in the standard, business-sized box.

As long as people are sending "normal" cards and using the address I gave, there should be no problem.

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:30 am
bftlovesRDA wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Standard greeting cards usually run about 5 or 6 inches by 8 inches, and they would fit in the box diagonally. For anything bigger than that, I imagine they would be bent or folded.

I intentionally paid for the larger box because I knew not all cards would fit in the standard, business-sized box.

As long as people are sending "normal" cards and using the address I gave, there should be no problem.

Kate
KATE - CAN YOU DOUBLE CHECK THE P.O. BOX NUMBER? I HAVE IT AS: P.O. BOX 6524. IS THAT CORRECT?

Ok, thank you! Welll, I am sending you a second card - mailing it out on Monday. Sending it to the P.O. Box 6524 address. Should be there by Wed or Thursday of next week. Hope that will work.

Thanks again for all.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

tvero80 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:33 pm I sent mine last Thursday . Kate R. + address you gave us . I had asked for tracking . They said the card had arrived in the States on Saturday and afterwards … nothing ... as if it had disappeared :(
So do I... tracking letter but nothing since few days.... It seems there is something wrong, not perhaps with the address just with the shippment.
I don't know. But I will go to the post again this morning and will send another letter.
Crossed fingers...

Have a nice day all of you