If I saw Richard Dean Anderson in the store....

bftlovesRDA

Re: If I saw Richard Dean Anderson in the store....

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Teale wrote:
If I recognized him, I would not acknowledge him in any way unless he spoke first.

(First, welcome to the forum.....if you are new, please go over to the thread that welcomes newbies (like me and maybe like you). It's in the Off Topic group.)

I like your answer and agree with it. I would be embarrassed to speak to RDA unless as you say he spoke first (that would be miraculous for me). But that doesn't mean I would just ignore him.... I would probably just melt into a puddle..... :lol:
B
cossie

Post by cossie »

Well I would be gob smacked. He came out to Adelaide South Australia and I missed him( tears welling in my eyes here). I didn't know about the comic.con so I will be watching out for him next time. Now getting back to meeting him in a store. I would be so gullible and go up to him and say Hi Richard great to meet you in person. Hopefully he would have a great conversation with me. ;)
Kti

Post by Kti »

Of course I would like to talk to him, but do not want to if Mr. Anderson is shopping in peace!
I would try to smile at him, watching him quietly, not rigid. I would say nothing, I could not. It's better that way, would only come confused. I probably would be so excited an collapse... no one needs to have!
xena

Post by xena »

Mac/Jack#1fan wrote:Since that video of RDA shopping was posted here a few day, I thought of another topic :D
What would you do if you saw RDA in the store? Would you go up and talk to him? Would you leave him alone? Would you ask for a picture? Maybe an autograph?

If it was me, I would be too shy to do anything, except maybe smile at him. :oops: I also wouldn't want to annoy him with any questions. I think, in that moment, I would be so stunned....there is no chance I would ever remember what questions I have for him lol. I'd keep glancing his way though ;)
Then I'd probably kick myself later for passing up such an opportunity! :x

So, is anyone else shy like me? Would some of you just go up to him? What would you do? :D :D :D :D

well it depends on my mood at the day and time. maybe i will go up and talk.. or i will just watch.. it depends on what he is doing or what he is shopping. if it is chocolate for example, i would definitely join him .. hehe!
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Are you kidding, I know what I would like to do - but those kinda thoughts are not allowed eh! I'm not even going to elaborate on that one. I would more than likely be stunned, I only know this as I have come across a couple of TV personalities in NZ whilst out and about shopping and I have just frozen in time, not quite believing what I am seeing. I had occasion to come across a "famous in NZ" weightlifter and TV personality once in a restaurant when I was really young and out with my parents for dinner. He came up to our table and told my parents that he just had to come up and say hello because of the look on my face, he then turned to me and said that he would never forget me as nobody had looked at him like I did in his life before. I think I had pure disbelief on my face. My parents are in their early 80's and they still recall this.
Clean/Green NZ
Take only photos, leave only footprints.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Fantastic Stoneridge!! :lol:
Lots of love,

Lies

Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Thanks Lies, but God I hope he never reads that. :oops:
Clean/Green NZ
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Stoneridge wrote:Are you kidding, I know what I would like to do - but those kinda thoughts are not allowed eh! I'm not even going to elaborate on that one. I would more than likely be stunned, I only know this as I have come across a couple of TV personalities in NZ whilst out and about shopping and I have just frozen in time, not quite believing what I am seeing. I had occasion to come across a "famous in NZ" weightlifter and TV personality once in a restaurant when I was really young and out with my parents for dinner. He came up to our table and told my parents that he just had to come up and say hello because of the look on my face, he then turned to me and said that he would never forget me as nobody had looked at him like I did in his life before. I think I had pure disbelief on my face. My parents are in their early 80's and they still recall this.
So, spill... What was the look on your face; you know, the "unforgettable" one? And who was the "famous NZ weightlifter and TV personality? I wanna Google him. (The hottest NZ hunk that comes to my mind is Manu Bennett. Woof.)
Stoneridge

Post by Stoneridge »

Hmm, don't know who Manu Bennett is. It was Precious McKenzie, world famous in NZ as they say. It was at "The Palomino" in Henderson. Are you from NZ Star Gazer? I can't recall the look on my face, probably looked like I was going to faint as I was so awestruck. I can recall what he said though. I wouldn't say he was ever a hunk - just famous over here. But not my type at all. I like down to earth, humble, knows how to treat and lady and accept the same in return, am not into any of those "I Am's" I had one of those once and he hasn't grown out of it yet, maybe he will one day.
Clean/Green NZ
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

I remember Precious McKenzie - all 4-foot 9-inches of him!! Wow, that's a blast from the past!

No, I'm not from NZ; I live in Alaska. And I'm stunned that you don't know who Manu Bennett is! He's from your neck of the woods and is becoming very famous here in the States; we first took notice of him in the TV series "Spartacus." Now he's on a TV showed called "Arrow," which I don't watch, because it's mostly written for kids and young adults.

My celebrity claim to fame is that I ran into - literally - John Wayne at a golf tournament back in 1977. I was walking along, looking down at my camera, winding up the new roll film that I'd just inserted (remember the old Kodak Instamatics?), when I suddenly slammed into someone, who turned out to be John Wayne. He was very kind and asked me if I was okay. All I could do is stare at him with my mouth hanging open; I think I nodded "yes," but I'm not sure. Then he smiled at me and walked on. I had a camera in my hand, all ready to shoot and did I think to get a picture? Hell no!! :twisted: Oh, well.