Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Monika

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Post by Monika »

Oh yes
how true, how true :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Monika with love!
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
Beata

Post by Beata »

The article I wrote from that day (in the Archives from August, 2013) didn't include this little bit, but as we were wandering through the massive underground shopping mall, we stopped first at a little booth and got smoothies. Then we came to a store something like Sharper Image, and they had sample massage chairs and foot massagers out on display for people to try. So RDA took off his shoes and socks and sat down in the massage chair and slipped his feet into the foot massager and sipped on his smoothie. I think he would have been happy to stay there for some time, in fact he even asked about buying one and having it shipped. I can't remember now if he actually did buy one, in fact I had forgotten the whole incident until the memory was triggered by TV last night. But an interesting image worth remembering. :)

Kate

Adorable story Kate, I can just see him relaxing and getting his feet massaged, I wonder if he has a masseuse, wouldn't surprise me a bit, for his back that is. :D
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

So last night at the RDA Chat (small group lately - stop by sometime!) I was watching Big Bang Theory reruns as I chatted, and they mentioned the Stargate episode with the culture from ancient Greece and Rome. I watch Big Bang all the time - don't know why I had forgotten that there was a Stargate reference, although there should have been more of them, for all the science fiction references they do!

Then today in church the sermon used the metaphor of a potter molding clay, and of course if you have seen Window of Opportunity, you know where my mind went immediately. (Hmm... even in church??)

Kate
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

thank you Kate the big bang theory stargate reference has got me thinking of the TV shows that have references to shows RDA did over the years Like as you said the big bang theory stargate one but also Raj koothrappoli said when talking about ET "ET macgyvered a phone out of a speak and spell" and other shows like in' NCIS' Abby used the word macgyver when she macgyvered something in her lab and in the ''Goldberg's' murry Goldberg complained he was trying to watch macgyver and the kids were being to loud then there is ' That 70s Show 'one episode referenced the soap opera general hospital most of the episode and they were talking about Jeff Weber and heather and 'Sabrina the teenage witch' and the quote "good thinking macgyver" and lets not forget the Disney movie Big hero 6 when they had 2 stargates in the movie i think it is fun to spot those little references in other TV shows an movies :D
Monika

Post by Monika »

ergomac23 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:39 am thank you Kate the big bang theory stargate reference has got me thinking of the TV shows that have references to shows RDA did over the years Like as you said the big bang theory stargate one but also Raj koothrappoli said when talking about ET "ET macgyvered a phone out of a speak and spell" and other shows like in' NCIS' Abby used the word macgyver when she macgyvered something in her lab and in the ''Goldberg's' murry Goldberg complained he was trying to watch macgyver and the kids were being to loud then there is ' That 70s Show 'one episode referenced the soap opera general hospital most of the episode and they were talking about Jeff Weber and heather and 'Sabrina the teenage witch' and the quote "good thinking macgyver" and lets not forget the Disney movie Big hero 6 when they had 2 stargates in the movie i think it is fun to spot those little references in other TV shows an movies :D
Hello friends,
Have just seen a repeat of "Stargate Atlantis" (E25)
Here said Dr. McKay: "Who am I, MacGyver?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GREAT

From Monika with love!
"As long as I always think of you and wish me somethings which I think is unattainable, there is no reason to be hurt by others."
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I always enjoy pop culture references. MacGyver seems to show up more often than Stargate, what with it being a word in the English dictionary now. :D

There were several times in Castle when they included a reference to either MacGyver or Richard Dean Anderson, and they always made me smile. In one episode Castle and Beckett are trapped or surrounded or something, and Castle looks around and finds something he thinks he can whip together as a way out. I forget the circumstances exactly, but Beckett has a line something like, "Are you a trained electrician?" and Castle answers, "No, but I've watched EVERY episode of MacGyver."

That line always makes me think of the convention RDA did in Toronto in 2013. Nathan Fillion was there also, and in the panel someone asked him if there was anyone there that he was especially excited to meet. He paused for a minute and said, "Well, in the green room, I just met RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON!" It made me think that all the MacGyver/RDA references in Castle came more from Nathan Fillion than from the writers.

Shortly after they met in Toronto, they started keeping in touch, and RDA and Nathan now have a texting relationship. I like the idea of that friendship. :)

Kate
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

KateR wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:08 pm I always enjoy pop culture references. MacGyver seems to show up more often than Stargate, what with it being a word in the English dictionary now. :D

There were several times in Castle when they included a reference to either MacGyver or Richard Dean Anderson, and they always made me smile. In one episode Castle and Beckett are trapped or surrounded or something, and Castle looks around and finds something he thinks he can whip together as a way out. I forget the circumstances exactly, but Beckett has a line something like, "Are you a trained electrician?" and Castle answers, "No, but I've watched EVERY episode of MacGyver."

That line always makes me think of the convention RDA did in Toronto in 2013. Nathan Fillion was there also, and in the panel someone asked him if there was anyone there that he was especially excited to meet. He paused for a minute and said, "Well, in the green room, I just met RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON!" It made me think that all the MacGyver/RDA references in Castle came more from Nathan Fillion than from the writers.

Shortly after they met in Toronto, they started keeping in touch, and RDA and Nathan now have a texting relationship. I like the idea of that friendship. :)

Kate

I like this idea too.
I watched "the rookie" in original version this spring (only arrived on TV in french this summer, but doesn't matter) and of course all episodes of castle. Nathan Fillion could be a "spiritual son" of Richard Dean Anderson. The same "no serious" way of life...

At least Castle and Anderson have the same first name... a good beginning... :lol: :lol:

Great one. Thanks Kate
Monika

Post by Monika »

Hello
Yesterday, Donnerstag 12.09.19
An asteroid over Northern Europe. :shock:
Should have been a secret attack of the Goa`uld? :? :? :?
Please inform General Jack O`Neill and SG1 immediately!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Monika with love!
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Monika wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:55 pm Hello
Yesterday, Donnerstag 12.09.19
An asteroid over Northern Europe. :shock:
Should have been a secret attack of the Goa`uld? :? :? :?
Please inform General Jack O`Neill and SG1 immediately!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Monika with love!
There was no asteroid impact, so clearly O'Neill and SG-1 have already made it pass through the Earth. Thanks for letting us know that they have saved the planet yet again. :lol: :lol:

I had another one yesterday. I attended a lecture at a local restaurant, and I ordered lemonade with my lunch. That triggered a memory of when I had met RDA for dinner, and I ordered a lemonade. I sort of forget what he ordered - a soft drink, I think - but he asked me, "Do you drink at all?" I said I did, but not necessarily when I will be driving home on unfamiliar winding canyon roads in the dark. Flash forward to the next time we met. He offered me something to drink, and asked specifically, "Would you like a lemonade?" What he brought was carbonated, though, probably a Sprite or something, which of course was perfectly fine. Then in Raleigh at dinner, the waitress came to take our drink orders, and RDA ordered a lemonade. I think he's come to associate me with lemonade, so I guess I now associate lemonade with him! :D

Kate
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

I always have to think about RDA when I iron our clothes. Sounds strange, but there is a logical explanation. On my ironing board, the plastic part is broken off, where you can clamp the cable from the iron. So I attach it with Duct tape every time and remove it when I'm done. So I even enjoy ironing
:mrgreen:
My husband once watched and asked me what I'm doing, it would be easier to buy a new ironing board. Maybe he's right, but I'm not thinking of buying a new one ......... never :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.