Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

karinedauphin

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Post by karinedauphin »

Beata wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:44 pm Not very funny stories but I have many which also make me laugh, and I will save it for another day.
Beata

Great one Beata. And all stories are funny. That we lived and what for (which for...sorry not sure) we have been operated makes what we are today. So ... take the life with smile.
For example we have in France (and i think all around the world) Club Med. It is such of travel company a little bit expensive for me... But when I have to go to the hospital, I always say "yeah.. I go to the "Club Med"... for Medical Club. It is my way to transform the situation with fun :lol: :lol:

For those people who read thoses sentences... and who was going through difficult things...Courage ... don't give up...
And Have one though to Mister Anderson ;) ... or more than one.... :lol: :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:37 pm
JackGywer wrote: I always have to think about RDA with a smile when I see men in shorts with thick boots and this thick white tennis socks ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know fans have been ridiculing his white socks for decades, but it's probably worth noting that his choice of footwear has more to do with health than with a fashion trend (or lack thereof). He has had so many issues with his feet over the years - pain, surgeries, swelling, orthotics, etc., etc. - that he has needed to wear the heavier sports socks for support and to try to alleviate some of the pain.It was one of the things we talked about during dinner a few weeks ago, and as someone who had to wear ugly shoes and socks as a kid, I could identify with him. The long hours of standing, sitting, and flying on a plane probably don't help either. And unfortunately he lives in a climate too hot to camouflage his footwear with longer pants. ;)

Kate
Kate,

Thanks for that added information about his white socks. I guess it's just me but I find his white socks with his three quarter length pants quite cute!

But I am so sorry about all the issues he has had with his feet and I really appreciate the fact that he does all that standing, sitting, flying on a plane despite his foot pain - for his fans.
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

And all stories are funny. That we lived and what for (which for...sorry not sure) we have been operated makes what we are today. So ... take the life with smile.
Not to worry Karine, I usually take life with a smile and a laugh, don't know of any other way. :lol:

Thanks Kate about the details of the white sox's, I knew he had trouble with his feet but I did not know to what extent. I have probably said this before but I don't know how he does it, but it must be his heritage and spirit. I am very grateful that he does so much for his fans and especially his charities. He is such a good person.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Hi, I think that is a really great topic here.

I always think of RDA when I decorate some food for my kids like the famous wacko smiley.

It doesn't matter if it is ketchup on a plate of pasta, or rice pudding with a smiley of raspberries or a sandwich or a plate of fruits that I decorate so that a smiley looks at them, it never fails to make them laugh (even if they are 9 and 14 years old now) and me thinking of him at our family's favourite episode at SG1.

And of course since a few years there is always some duct tape in the house and whenever I have to tape something together I think of him.

Thank you for telling about the white socks, Kate, I always thought it was because he is colour blind or just that he likes them most. I am sorry to hear, that he is often in pain because of his feet. But I must say I never saw the white socks as something bad or ridiculus, I always thought it's just his style.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I had another moment this morning. One of the morning talk shows was talking about whether being a "dog person" or a "cat person" was genetically determined. Studies seem to show that either you are born a dog lover or you're not.

Of course, my thoughts went to RDA. On one of my visits, I met Andy and Poppy, and RDA asked me if I was allergic to dogs. I admitted that I do have a sensitivity, but nothing like my allergy to cats. I told him, "If you had cats, it would be a completely different story." He answered, "If I had cats, we never would have met." Then he paused and noticed my quizzical look and added, "...because I would have been a completely different person!"

Proof positive, I'd say, that in RDA's case, being a "dog person" is definitely in his genes! :)

Kate
Beata

Post by Beata »

If I see a jeep I think of RDA as MacGyver ! :lol:

I am a dog and cat lover, I couldn't have a dog or cat when I was little because we lived in apartment buildings. So the minute I own a house, I had both at one time I had 4 cats and another 4 dogs. Now I have just 2 dogs and a cat. I am not to sure about being predetermined a dog person or a cat person, I believe you can be both. In general I am an animal lover, so that covers a lot of ground.

I am curious Kate if you know the episode in Season 2 where RDA hurt his back by chasing the bad guys and his foot went into a hole in uneven ground. Is it 'Silent World' from Season 2? He did a lot of running in that episode and was just curious. Thanks.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

KateR wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:42 pm "Things That Make You Go Hmmm..." was a running theme on Arsenio (and apparently inspired a song),

How often during the day does RDA pop into your head for one reason or another? Maybe something happens that sparks a memory of an encounter, or a scene from one of his roles. I'll begin with an example.
................................................................................................................................................................................

Yesterday, I heard a joke being told to some children and when it was finished, I thought to myself, RDA could tell this joke in any of his characters and bring a smile to anyone!

"What did the Pink Panther sing just after he stepped on an ant?"
[song to the Pink Panther theme]
"Dead ant, dead ant, dead ant dead ant, dead ant., dead ant . ....

Can you imagine his jesters,,,,,,and of course his smile. . . . . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Beata wrote: I am curious Kate if you know the episode in Season 2 where RDA hurt his back by chasing the bad guys and his foot went into a hole in uneven ground. Is it 'Silent World' from Season 2? He did a lot of running in that episode and was just curious. Thanks.
I never knew for sure. One interview pinpointed it as September, 1986, but I'm not sure what the shooting schedule was for MacGyver in the first couple of years. After they moved to Canada, and even the last season in LA, they used to start shooting around July and by the time the new season started airing they were shooting about 3-4 episodes ahead of what was airing. I always wondered if it was Final Approach, but it would have been some time around then. I doubt that even RDA would remember which episode at this point.

Kate
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I had another example yesterday. I went to see the movie "The Art of Racing in the Rain." Have you seen it? Sweet movie. And it combines auto racing and dogs, so it's only natural that RDA would be brought to mind.

The movie opened a couple of weeks ago, but back during the weekend of the Raleigh convention the promotional ads were already starting to run. RDA and I were talking about whether he was interested in getting back into taking on any sort of acting roles. I asked if he had considered doing voice-over work if he wasn't up to the schedule of a full acting role. His first answer was "I can't do voices," but I reminded him that in a lot of the voice acting nowadays, the actor does not try to change his voice. (Recently, Harrison Ford voiced an animated dog, and when asked how he made Harrison Ford sound like a dog, he said the DOG sounds like Harrison Ford!) I asked him if he had heard of the Racing in the Rain movie (he hadn't), and I said I would have loved to see him take on a role like Kevin Costner did, doing the voice of the dog. He asked, "The dog sounds like Kevin Costner?" I answered, "Actually he sounds like Tom Selleck, but it is Kevin Costner's voice." For some reason he found that very funny. (I had never noticed how much Kevin Costner and Tom Selleck sound alike!) :)

Anyway, if you've seen the movie, wouldn't that have been a perfect role for RDA to take on? To "be" a dog, who loves racing? I wish he'd consider looking into something like that.

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:47 pm I had another example yesterday. I went to see the movie "The Art of Racing in the Rain." Have you seen it? Sweet movie. And it combines auto racing and dogs, so it's only natural that RDA would be brought to mind.

The movie opened a couple of weeks ago, but back during the weekend of the Raleigh convention the promotional ads were already starting to run. RDA and I were talking about whether he was interested in getting back into taking on any sort of acting roles. I asked if he had considered doing voice-over work if he wasn't up to the schedule of a full acting role. His first answer was "I can't do voices," but I reminded him that in a lot of the voice acting nowadays, the actor does not try to change his voice. (Recently, Harrison Ford voiced an animated dog, and when asked how he made Harrison Ford sound like a dog, he said the DOG sounds like Harrison Ford!) I asked him if he had heard of the Racing in the Rain movie (he hadn't), and I said I would have loved to see him take on a role like Kevin Costner did, doing the voice of the dog. He asked, "The dog sounds like Kevin Costner?" I answered, "Actually he sounds like Tom Selleck, but it is Kevin Costner's voice." For some reason he found that very funny. (I had never noticed how much Kevin Costner and Tom Selleck sound alike!) :)

Anyway, if you've seen the movie, wouldn't that have been a perfect role for RDA to take on? To "be" a dog, who loves racing? I wish he'd consider looking into something like that.

Kate
I haven't seen the movie but I agree it would have been a perfect role for RDA.

My question for you is what did he say when you discussed whether or not he was interested in getting back into taking any sort of acting roles??? Did he say he would consider it? Did he say what was going on with his agent or does he still have an agent???? I would love for him to be before the camera again because he has such great acting skills and his facial expressions are so wonderful!!!

But the voice only role would be good too.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
B