Fanboy Expo’s Knoxville Comic Con, on July 12-14, 2019

Beata

Re: Fanboy Expo’s Knoxville Comic Con, on July 12-14, 2019

Post by Beata »

He actually said that he did not ride his motorcycle lately because it has been too hot. ;)
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
ttrana

Post by ttrana »

I can’t go to these conventions so I love all the stories,Pics, and videos that you all can share. Keep them coming!!! I can’t believe that know one has posted any from Florida but I did hear that there was hardly anyone there for any of it. But if some did get pics or have stories about meeting RDA please share if you can or want. Thanks!!!
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wow - quite an adventure for sure! Thanks for telling us about it all. Sounds amazing. Memories no one can take from you.

Thanks again.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Beata wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:15 pm The second day of signing: The put up a sign saying no personalizations today. :o :( We were early so Teresa held my place in line and I went to the Legends table and spoke with Alexa and Giulia and told them it was my birthday the end of the month so I was going to buy myself a present. Giulia said Happy Birthday and started singing to me. I was smiling the whole time. Alexa also said Happy Birthday. They had some nice props from the set of Stargate SG1 so the one I chose was a replicator block piece, I thought it was so cool, it wasn't too expensive for me, I was happy and they said Thank you. Then I went in line to where Teresa was and of course the people in the back got mad and said hey there is a line, and I said my friend is holding a space for me, and Teresa said she is with me. There was a girl in line who recognized me from yesterday and she said to me today you are going first because yesterday you let me go first, I laughed and said how sweet she was! Her friend agreed and said I will let you too very seriously and I said well Thank you mame. :lol: The guy taking money for the pictures and our autograph ticket said to me I know what you want, and I said Oh Yes, It was Paul's birthday so I brought a gift for him of the giant paper clip and sang Happy Birthday to him (the short version) and he smiled and took it and held it up and said you know I can put my keys on this, I said there you go. He asked me how to pronounce my name again and I told him and he repeated it a couple times. :o The I got to Richard and I gave him another giant paper clip and told him, I know you said it was practical so I brought you another one and I brought him a DVD that I made myself of clips of Macgyver to music and he said Thank you darlin. He started signing and I said I became friends with Bob Davis's daughter who played his dad CD for the group in Miami, I thought Richard had played it but he said No, she played it and said OK and I told him about my birthday so I said I looked it up on Amazon and they had it, he was so surprised and said your kidding, and I said no, and he just smile, and I said now I can listen to your dad's music all the time. He continued to smile and put a heart on my photo, which surprised me because they were told not to personalize any photo. When I told him it was my birthday he asked the date and I said 28 and he said how old will you be and I said 62 and he said Oh you are a baby, and I said so are you, and he said no I am 70 and I said no not yet not until January and he said I am headed in my 70th year and again I said uh uh (no) and said you are 69, it was funny to me later that I was in jest arguing about his age with him. I knew I had to move on so I reached out my left hand and he took it and said see you later. Then I had another thought and I said Oh real quick I just wanted to tell you how I became your fan. I said I worked for WGN-TV in Chicago as an Engineer and that we had Macgyver on syndication and he said really? and I said yes and that I got paid to watch Macgyver, and that I had worked there for 30 years and he look at me and smiled and said Well keep us on the air and I said OK, I don't think he understood that I meant in the early 90's but that's OK I doubt he will remember anyway. :lol: :oops: I was embarrassed because I realized the next person was getting their signing so I said bye and Paul gave me the thumbs up and I was on my way smiling to wait for Teresa to finish. We were VIP's but he alternated on VIP with one General admission person in line, I could not believe how long the line had grown. I went to the concession stand to sit down with Teresa and we waited for Jenn to come and meet us. What an awesome day and experience!! Happiness forever meeting RDA again. An extraordinary man ! I am still smiling and thinking about my time in Knoxville, Tenn. :D
Thanks for the awesome account, Beata ! No personalized autograph , happened in Stuttgart on Sunday too if I remember well … it's a bit mean ! He might have scribbled a little something while talking (considering the long conversations he sometimes has with the fans ) . But signing must be tiring if you're popular like him ( and he's a man, he can't do 2 things at the same time :lol: ) .
You used first names for the people you met but we only know usernames here . Were some of them members of the forum ?
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Beata wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:15 pm The second day of signing: The put up a sign saying no personalizations today. :o :( We were early so Teresa held my place in line and I went to the Legends table and spoke with Alexa and Giulia and told them it was my birthday the end of the month so I was going to buy myself a present. Giulia said Happy Birthday and started singing to me. I was smiling the whole time. Alexa also said Happy Birthday. They had some nice props from the set of Stargate SG1 so the one I chose was a replicator block piece, I thought it was so cool, it wasn't too expensive for me, I was happy and they said Thank you. Then I went in line to where Teresa was and of course the people in the back got mad and said hey there is a line, and I said my friend is holding a space for me, and Teresa said she is with me. There was a girl in line who recognized me from yesterday and she said to me today you are going first because yesterday you let me go first, I laughed and said how sweet she was! Her friend agreed and said I will let you too very seriously and I said well Thank you mame. :lol: The guy taking money for the pictures and our autograph ticket said to me I know what you want, and I said Oh Yes, It was Paul's birthday so I brought a gift for him of the giant paper clip and sang Happy Birthday to him (the short version) and he smiled and took it and held it up and said you know I can put my keys on this, I said there you go. He asked me how to pronounce my name again and I told him and he repeated it a couple times. :o The I got to Richard and I gave him another giant paper clip and told him, I know you said it was practical so I brought you another one and I brought him a DVD that I made myself of clips of Macgyver to music and he said Thank you darlin. He started signing and I said I became friends with Bob Davis's daughter who played his dad CD for the group in Miami, I thought Richard had played it but he said No, she played it and said OK and I told him about my birthday so I said I looked it up on Amazon and they had it, he was so surprised and said your kidding, and I said no, and he just smile, and I said now I can listen to your dad's music all the time. He continued to smile and put a heart on my photo, which surprised me because they were told not to personalize any photo. When I told him it was my birthday he asked the date and I said 28 and he said how old will you be and I said 62 and he said Oh you are a baby, and I said so are you, and he said no I am 70 and I said no not yet not until January and he said I am headed in my 70th year and again I said uh uh (no) and said you are 69, it was funny to me later that I was in jest arguing about his age with him. I knew I had to move on so I reached out my left hand and he took it and said see you later. Then I had another thought and I said Oh real quick I just wanted to tell you how I became your fan. I said I worked for WGN-TV in Chicago as an Engineer and that we had Macgyver on syndication and he said really? and I said yes and that I got paid to watch Macgyver, and that I had worked there for 30 years and he look at me and smiled and said Well keep us on the air and I said OK, I don't think he understood that I meant in the early 90's but that's OK I doubt he will remember anyway. :lol: :oops: I was embarrassed because I realized the next person was getting their signing so I said bye and Paul gave me the thumbs up and I was on my way smiling to wait for Teresa to finish. We were VIP's but he alternated on VIP with one General admission person in line, I could not believe how long the line had grown. I went to the concession stand to sit down with Teresa and we waited for Jenn to come and meet us. What an awesome day and experience!! Happiness forever meeting RDA again. An extraordinary man ! I am still smiling and thinking about my time in Knoxville, Tenn. :D
So by no personalization in the signing of the autographs, what exactly does that mean? Does it mean he just signs his name only, without adding the name of the person who is getting the autograph? Just trying to be prepared. Thanks.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

B...
I will try to give you my "great experience"... :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 Conventions in 4 different countries (France, The Netherlands, Wales and Germany)
And only in Stuttgart, we have the bad surprise to read "no dedication"...but ... just in the afternoon.
All other conventions it was possible to have a picture, an object, a book or whatever with a firstname and of course the signature of Mister Anderson.
In Stuttgart, I made many times the queue. And Saturday Morning and Sunday Morning it was possible to have a special dedication.
And suddenly as we came from the photosession, it was written "no more possible to have an dedication".
Okay... but... why sometimes persons have a picture with their first name and why some have not...?????
Really, I don't know why and how...
Probably someone thinks that it needs toooo much time to write 1. a first name 2. a heart, a little word, a special wish 3. Richard Dean Anderson...
You just have to think.. this multiplied by hundred und hundred und hundred persons and different wishes...
If I can accept and understand that it needs time... well... it is a little bit the concept of the conventions.... anyway...
what it is difficult to accept is 1. it is not fair for all 2. We paid for that, and in Germany... we paid a Loooot for that... 3. Mister Anderson was also disturbeb with that. Spontaneously and kindly, he started to make a dedication. But the person from the German Comic Con organisation repeated "no dedication"... ANd then Mister Anderson raised the head and looked as he really wanted make it ....

So... I have not the solution... It seems that the morning there is more chance to have a dedication than the afternoon...

I hope you will have a great moment and please let us know how will it go for you
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

Thank you all for the pictures!! and reports!! I went to the Q&A and was in a long line to ask questions on Saturday, when RDA had to stop because the photo ops were coming right up. So the Q&A stopped ONE person ahead of me :cry: My takeaway was when someone asked him why he left Stargate SG-1 early he said it was because Wylie's mother had taken Wylie from Vancouver back to LA :o I almost fell out of the line (I'd never heard or read that before). But as I've mentioned when I posted the photo op picture, the Q&A was my youngest son's favorite part of the convention, then I found out that it was the favorite part of the convention in Rhode Island for my middle son. So, it's a NOT TO MISS EVENT :lol:
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
Beata

Post by Beata »

Yes B no personalisation means just RDA name and not your name.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

Karine, you are right RDA will do what the fans want, it seems to be the particular organization that makes the rules. If it is a two or three day con try to make the autograph session on the first day RDA is signing because then a rule has not been set yet, except RDA's own rules like no signing duct tape rolls, skin, fabric, and swiss army knives. In Knoxville we were not made aware of the photo op with John De Lancie and Richard, and I am sure if more people knew about that, more would have had that photo op.
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

you didn't know there was a double with John? oh boy that would have been so great. so sorry for all who would have loved a photo with both of them.
thanks for your story's you shared with us. read them all :oops:
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA