Comic Con Germany Stuttgart 29/30 June

tvero80

Re: Comic Con Germany Stuttgart 29/30 June

Post by tvero80 »

karinedauphin wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:26 am In searching this, i saw that Jonathan Frakes will be also in Miami... it remember me a "joke"...

We were in the queue, and Jonathan Frakes was probably finished with the autographs or whatever... anyway, he came to us and has shouted... "hey, this man is famous..." and to the attention of Mister Anderson "yeah I saw you in General Hospital"...And Mister Anderson has answered "oh, yeah I saw your wife. She told me, you have to be faster"...
american joke probably...
:D Was Genie Francis in Germany ? OR did RDA mean he had seen her in General Hospital (many years ago ) and she was (still) waiting for her husband to come back home ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

tvero80 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:39 am :D Was Genie Francis in Germany ? OR did RDA mean he had seen her in General Hospital (many years ago ) and she was (still) waiting for her husband to come back home ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, she wasn't in Stuttgart. Mister Anderson remembered her from General Hospital.
As we told... we never know and will never know... :lol: :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

karinedauphin wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:26 am
bftlovesRDA wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:46 pm Karine,

B,
here is a link for the schedule of the convention in Miami :
https://register.growtix.com/schedules/ ... ercon_2019
I hope it is helpful...

I read quicly, but for example, the schedule is written... Photosession sunday at 12.40 and 12.50 anything else.. I can't imagine that the photosession would be just 10 minutes.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sunday Q&A will be at 12.15 until 1.15. SO a panel during one hour, ok, it is normal.
Sunday at 1.40pm again Photos... You have to check, but probably autographs will be all the day.

In searching this, i saw that Jonathan Frakes will be also in Miami... it remember me a "joke"...

We were in the queue, and Jonathan Frakes was probably finished with the autographs or whatever... anyway, he came to us and has shouted... "hey, this man is famous..." and to the attention of Mister Anderson "yeah I saw you in General Hospital"...And Mister Anderson has answered "oh, yeah I saw your wife. She told me, you have to be faster"...
When I say, it is difficult to sum all what is happen....
Hi, Karine,

Thanks for taking the time to research the schedule - for Miami. I should have said this but the convention I will be attending is the one in Raleigh, NC July26-28. Not Miami. So sorry I didn't make that clear.

So far they haven't posted the full schedule yet for Raleigh. (GalaxyCon - it was Super Con but is now Galaxy Con). But I imagine the schedule in Raleigh will be similar to the one in Miami. Thanks for that info.

And Jonathan Frakes will also be at the Raleigh convention as well as Miami.

Interesting snippet you posted about him with RDA.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:33 pm
karinedauphin wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:26 am
bftlovesRDA wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:46 pm Karine,

B,
here is a link for the schedule of the convention in Miami :
https://register.growtix.com/schedules/ ... ercon_2019
I hope it is helpful...

I read quicly, but for example, the schedule is written... Photosession sunday at 12.40 and 12.50 anything else.. I can't imagine that the photosession would be just 10 minutes.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sunday Q&A will be at 12.15 until 1.15. SO a panel during one hour, ok, it is normal.
Sunday at 1.40pm again Photos... You have to check, but probably autographs will be all the day.

In searching this, i saw that Jonathan Frakes will be also in Miami... it remember me a "joke"...

When I say, it is difficult to sum all what is happen....
Hi, Karine,

Thanks for taking the time to research the schedule - for Miami. I should have said this but the convention I will be attending is the one in Raleigh, NC July26-28. Not Miami. So sorry I didn't make that clear.

So far they haven't posted the full schedule yet for Raleigh. (GalaxyCon - it was Super Con but is now Galaxy Con). But I imagine the schedule in Raleigh will be similar to the one in Miami. Thanks for that info.

And Jonathan Frakes will also be at the Raleigh convention as well as Miami.

Interesting snippet you posted about him with RDA.
Oh Sorry B, I was not clear... And yes, of course you will be in Miami.
But anyway, the logical is the same... Sorry it was middle of the night for me as I answered you.
As far as the schedule will be planed and published, you just will have take time to organise you.
I hope I have better answered.
Sorry for the confusion
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

No problem, Karine. THanks for all the explanations.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:12 pm No problem, Karine. THanks for all the explanations.

Thanks for your comprehension. have a great time in raleigh
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

It took me a week but now I found the time to give you my report of an amazing weekend.

We (my husband and I) arrived on Saturday just in time for Mr. Anderson's panel.
It was in the atrium of the hall and had appearantly no air conditioning and the weekend was very hot in Stuttgart, not only because of our hero….
So the poor guy was nearly sweating to death on the stage, but he didn't mind and answered all the oh so often asked questions in his own and funny way. So even I did know nearly all the Questions (and the following answers) it was much fun to see and hear him on stage.

After the panel we went to the photosession. The line was very long but Karine was already in and managed to get the group together because we had planned to take our group pictures on Saturday. When we were very near the photoboot we were told by a staff member that the camera had to be changed for group photos and asked us to do on Saturday just single photos and the group photo on Sunday. As we all were attending the con on Sunday too we were ok with that. I had prepared a dish with the famous WACKO smiley and when it was my turn he looked at me and he said: "I remember that!" and smiled. We had a very short moment to find our position, the photo was taken and I said good bye to him.

Later I bought my autograph tickets, but when I saw the HUGE line I decided to get the autographs on Sunday. Very bad decision!

On Sunday morning we all went quickly to the autograph line and suddenly some staff member put on a sign: Dedications on autographs only on photosession photos. A decision made by RDA's Management (Paul Brown) and told just that morning. :o
I was so angry about that! You see...that's the reason to go there and buy an autograph. To see your idol personally, maybe have a few words and get a personalized autograph! An "just" autograph I can buy via internet, and boy....the autographs in Stuttgart were expensive!
But there was no way...they would'nt do it that way and no other. :roll:
I was right behind Karine and when we were so close...and then they stopped the autographs because of Mr. Andersons panel. So I got No. 2 (all the remaining people in the queue got a number, so we wouldn't have to start all over in a new line later) and we hurried back to the atrium to the panel.
We got there in time and found good seats.
I put all my courage together and asked him a question (about his two bad guy roles in his movies after MacGyver). I swear, my heart rate was at this point about 200 bpm.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

After the panel we had a little bit time and went then later to the photosession for our group photos. I also had an extra ticket for another single photo and first everybody from our group had to take the single photo, than after changing camera the group pictures.
Then I was really lucky. I asked Mr. Anderson if he could give me a hug for the picture and he said: "It*s your picture, so hug me."
I gladly did and he gave me a nice hug. And then the photograph took the picture, but Mr. Anderson didn't release me but told the photograph to take another picture, because he hadn't been ready. The second shot seemed to be ok, I stepped aside (to wait for the group photo), but was called back again (another hug) because this time the photograph wasn't satisfied with the picture. :lol:
My smile became bigger and bigger. :D :D :D
Then it was time for the group photo. We were 7 people with identical t-shirts and we had an extra shirt for Mr. Anderson that we asked him to put in front of him, so we were all together one group.
First the photograph seemed to be a little stressed, but the longer it took, the more fun he seemed to have when he called....."Switch"......and "Switch"......and "Switch". It was much giggling and we took 7 great pictures.
Way too soon it was over and we were out again to take our pictures.

Then I went back to the autograph line and and got my autographs. One on a photosession photo (as I really wanted to have a personal dedication) and one on a Jack and Sam collage Karine had been taken to Wales and had already Amanda Tappings autograph on it. As there already was the personal dedication on it by Amanda Tapping it wasn't that bad, thad I only got a "normal" autograph for it. He looked at the collage an liked it, that made me happy.

It was a great weekend with my husband, Mr. Anderson and the Wild Loyalists.
Thank you all for this amazing time.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

thank you so much Anja, that you took the time to write it all down. I read all if it so far and can't get my head around why you can't have dedicated autographs on other stuff. very bad time management in my eyes... but so glad you had a brilliant time with lots if hugs from RDA
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Great report, Anja. Thank you especially for all the details. The photos are great!!!!!! Glad you got them.

Thanks again.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Oh yeah.... the single photos...and the group photos.. It was so funny !!!

I made special Tshirts.. so one for the group with the participation of all 7 and their complicity, you know that actually
but also one for me :

I wear for the single photo. Mister Anderson saw at first the dog of course. And he told me "great one" and I have to go on the table to change the Tshirt for the group photo just after this one. Then I told him showing the "AND" on the tshirt ... "AND ... the back" ... and he saw my back with his picture. He laughed !! And I heard "Oh my dear"

And then I made another single picture ... or it was before... doesn't matter