Website Redesign

JackGywer

Re: Website Redesign

Post by JackGywer »

Does anyone have any problems with the website? With me it takes an unbelievable length to load the pages, no matter if on the laptop or the mobile phone. Just wonder if anyone else has that? I'll be traveling for a week and it would be a pity if I had limited access to the website.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

nope. not here. just the usual photo and video that takes a bit. have a good trip and hope it works out with the loading speed
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Yes, I know the Forum was down this morning.

Actually, the whole site was down briefly last night as my ISP conducted a required upgrade. And that always screws up the Forum.

This is a test to check if it is (hopefully) working again. But I may need to (once again) trash the whole thing and find a better, reliable Forum. :( :( :roll:

Kate
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

KateR wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:51 pm Yes, I know the Forum was down this morning.

Actually, the whole site was down briefly last night as my ISP conducted a required upgrade. And that always screws up the Forum.

This is a test to check if it is (hopefully) working again. But I may need to (once again) trash the whole thing and find a better, reliable Forum. :( :( :roll:

Kate
Hello Kate
Yes, It works again. Thank you very much
Have a beautiful day
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

thank you Kate it is working again but the board index button isn't when i press it it does nothing :(
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Kate, for getting the website up and running again.

The Chatroom is not working properly now for some reason. When I go in there, and put in the name I want to be called there (bftlovesRDA) and then when I type a message - the message does not show up in the message window....just my name <bftlovesRDA>. This has been true since yesterday.

I know you are busy with many things.....so this glitch may not be a top priority. I just hope it can be fixed somehow. THANKS!
B
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

The Board Index button is working, but yes, the Chat Room is now down, as is the Fan Mail.

I have informed my web host of the problems, but they have recently instituted a new procedure that charges me $150 every time they fix something, even when the problem was caused by THEIR update.

It may be necessary to just drop all the interactive sections of the site - Forum, Chat Room, Fan Mail, Mailing List, Charity...

But I have to tell you, after the MONTHS I have just spent updating every single page to make sure the site is compatible and current, only to have it all undone by a web host provider's automatic updates, I'm about ready to give up the whole thing.

I have started looking into alternative web hosting, but the site is so large that most hosting sites consider it a "business," they charge an arm and a leg, and they tell me that my "site developer or administrator" should be handling these upgrades for me.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kate
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

The Chat Room and Fan Mail should be working again.

But I have to find a better solution for this site or I won't be able to maintain it. The first step is to find a host for the videos that won't lock up and won't add to my bandwidth. So I've started exploring YouTube again, although it's not ideal. I can't use the "lightbox" feature that way, and have to open the videos in a new window, which can be a pain, but I think I finally found a way to make them resize - took all afternoon.

My problem is, I uploaded one video to test out the page, and YouTube has already flagged it as "Includes copyrighted content." Does this mean as soon as I get these videos uploaded and working, my account will be shut down for copyright infringement? How do all you people who make fan videos work around this?

If I can't find a way to host the videos, they will have to be taken down because I can't afford a web host big enough to support them. :(

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thank you, Kate, for getting the chat room working again.

I hope that everyone will read your message and start praying that there will be some solution for these problems.

You have done SO MUCH for all of us with this website which is just awesome. But you can only do what you can do.

Thank you for all you do. Words cannot express very well our gratitude.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Don't know what to say , Kate … I can't help you :( As B said you've done so much . Have you talked to Rick ( and Wylie she might be interested ) about it ? What they think about the future of the website considering all the problems you have at the moment ?