Wales Comic Con on April 27/28, 2019.

bftlovesRDA

Re: Wales Comic Con on April 27/28, 2019.

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, Jack(s).....

So, the link, https://youtu.be/eD64ApIINsA, goes to the Saturday Q&A panel and is of the full event? And that is the event that your video also covered - the video that was posted on facebook? So we are not missing anything if we can't go to facebook to see your video, correct? Since the same event is in this video on this thread, right?

Sorry to sound confused but just trying to be sure I haven't missed anything that you or others have posted from the Wales Comicon.

I did enjoy the video and the Q&A event very much. Thanks for your efforts to get that event's video posted.
B
Jen85

Post by Jen85 »

What an amazing weekend. First Saturday, it was wet, cold and very windy but I didn't care because I had a picture with RDA first thing. First time meeting him so I was a little nervous. He asked me how my day was going so far and I know I replied but I honestly couldn't remember what I said!! I almost left my bag behind on the table too. Spent a lot at the Legends Canada table including a signed copy of Legend that is now proudly displayed on my shelf. When I put the pic of me and Rick on my facebook feed, my cousin replied 'Congratulations to you both...when are you going to introduce him to the fam' You can imagine my reaction to that ;) :lol:
Sunday was even better. Got my pic signed and managed to have a quick chat with both Paul and Rick before heading off for another photo with him then Amanda after. Got to meet up with a few lovely people off of this forum and had the most amazing time. I won't be forgetting this in a hurry, I'm still on a high now. :D
I hope it's not too long before they come back, I still want my MacGyver funko pop signed! Will try and post some pics soon
Mac: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
Mac: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I'm starting to add information to the site, but I haven't linked it to the front page yet since I'm hoping there will be a bit more to include.

RDA just started sending pictures this morning, so I'm waiting to see what he has to share.

Anyway, you can click on the Updates section as things are being added.

Kate
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

Thank you again KateR for all your hard work. I know getting him to responds during & after busy events is hard; but you do it flawlessly.
You should become his travelling personal assistant. Then you could update us daily, lol. Just kidding.
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:59 pm Hi, Jack(s).....

So, the link, https://youtu.be/eD64ApIINsA, goes to the Saturday Q&A panel and is of the full event? And that is the event that your video also covered - the video that was posted on facebook? So we are not missing anything if we can't go to facebook to see your video, correct? Since the same event is in this video on this thread, right?

Sorry to sound confused but just trying to be sure I haven't missed anything that you or others have posted from the Wales Comicon.

I did enjoy the video and the Q&A event very much. Thanks for your efforts to get that event's video posted.
hi b,

you are correct. there was only 1 panel with both of them on Saturday. I also tried to upload it on YT but it was not doing anything. so over the next few days i will check how it is working. I was sitting in the second row so had a really good few and I tell you every single penny was worth it.

I got i single picture taken with Rick and Amanda and went to the double up. all 3 pictures got signed and I also gave him my Legend DVD coffee to sign. don't know if I said it before but anyway, his face and eyes beamed up and we had a.little chat about it. both Amanda and Rick loved the Stargate cosplay and there smiled there faces off every time we (m&s husband and me) came to the photo shoot. I am also very proud of my self, I am very shy and I still managed over my nervousness to asked him if i can have a hug. he was laughing and gave me a huge hug (as people can see on fb and what's app). when it came to signing i asked him by one signature if i can have a heart on it please, he smiled and told me I get one free of charge 😍😍😍.

I am back at work for now but i promise I will have a look with 3 sides to get some pics on here to show you what it was like.

if i can think of anything else, I will post some more. it was absolutely overwhelming and despite the weather on Saturday, yes I would do it all over again. it was far to fast gone...
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jack(s) wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:31 am
bftlovesRDA wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:59 pm Hi, Jack(s).....

hi b,

you are correct. there was only 1 panel with both of them on Saturday. I also tried to upload it on YT but it was not doing anything. so over the next few days i will check how it is working. I was sitting in the second row so had a really good few and I tell you every single penny was worth it.

I got i single picture taken with Rick and Amanda and went to the double up. all 3 pictures got signed and I also gave him my Legend DVD coffee to sign. don't know if I said it before but anyway, his face and eyes beamed up and we had a.little chat about it. both Amanda and Rick loved the Stargate cosplay and there smiled there faces off every time we (m&s husband and me) came to the photo shoot. I am also very proud of my self, I am very shy and I still managed over my nervousness to asked him if i can have a hug. he was laughing and gave me a huge hug (as people can see on fb and what's app). when it came to signing i asked him by one signature if i can have a heart on it please, he smiled and told me I get one free of charge 😍😍😍.

I am back at work for now but i promise I will have a look with 3 sides to get some pics on here to show you what it was like.

if i can think of anything else, I will post some more. it was absolutely overwhelming and despite the weather on Saturday, yes I would do it all over again. it was far to fast gone...
Thank you, Jack(s) for this report!!!! All the details of this event are very much appreciated. You did good, as you say, despite being "shy" - to ask for the hug and for the heart!

If you want to report more, please do. Any details are welcome.
B
Jack(s)

Post by Jack(s) »

you are sweet. thanks for the nice words. I tell you my heart was racing like never before. and something else came to my mind yesterday as i looked at the photo's again (for a long time). I am quiet short. so between Rick and me there are about 30 cm. I noticed that he was on the picture nearly down to my high (my husband is about the same high like Rick and he was normal standing). I was over the moon about so much sweetness and kindness that he came down to my level. what a nice man.

I overheard a conversation with a fan in front of me on sunday. it was about the weather and the rain and everybody being wet. (not really what fan and star like to have for photos if the fan is dripping like a drowned rat). he was not impressed and said on the end. "that's not the only thing ther coked up. I rest my case". I dealt so sorry for him. don't know what is really was he meant but he clearly was not happy with something going on. but he was straight away happy and smiley right after when it was my turn to get my double photo signed.
he even read watch Amanda wrote on her part of the photo which I think was sweet.

I like it also that he puts the name of the character under the signature like on my Legend DVD. his name and underneath "Legend". on another photo he started with "Jack O... he stopped because he realised the Neill part doesend fit anymore so he ended with a point. now it shows "Jack O." I love it so much.
for the guys who really are into Stargate, on the beginning of the episode paradise lost, when mayburn eats his hotdog he tiles his head slightly to figure out what is going on (one of my favourite szene). that's about how he looked when he realised that the full name will not fit. i just melted away. (hope this makes sence).

for the guys who watched the panel by now. what was your favourite question and answer?
my one was when Amanda been asked how she would direct a scene with Sam and Jack in the morning. she started with sun comes up and Sam rolled in bed... Rick answered in his unique still and said he would have started the night before :lol:

more to come if it comes in my head...
"Dogs are my favorite people !!!"
"I've got to have fun or it's not worth it."
RDA
ergomac23

Post by ergomac23 »

KateR wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:00 pm I'm starting to add information to the site, but I haven't linked it to the front page yet since I'm hoping there will be a bit more to include.

RDA just started sending pictures this morning, so I'm waiting to see what he has to share.

Kate
thank you Kate the photo's are so funny :lol:

and thank you jacks for letting us know about your convention experience sooo cool
Beata

Post by Beata »

Unread post by KateR » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:00 am

I'm starting to add information to the site, but I haven't linked it to the front page yet since I'm hoping there will be a bit more to include.

Kate

Thanks Kate ever so much for the pics of Rick and the selfie with Amanda, I feel like I was there with the many post and pics from other fan, it must have been an amazing time. Can't wait for July.
love,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Beata

Post by Beata »

https://www.facebook.com/jacqueline.lis ... 132674665/

This is a close up of the Q&A in Wales. It is easier to understand what they are saying.

This is the last 3 minutes of the Q&A

[bhttps://www.facebook.com/jacqueline.lischke.5/v ... 752672803/][/b]

Enjoy, Thanks to Jaqueline Lischke for the video.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver