Game - the Geography Game

karinedauphin

Re: Game - the Geography Game

Post by karinedauphin »

Oh yeah.... i got one for the eggs and toast...
Can you believe it ???

ONIONTOWN

Is a community in dutchess county, New York
More i don'know...
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Well, no food this time....but something "nice"...... :D :lol: :lol: :D

NICE a city in California...

and here is something interesting about it = a connection to France.....or so it says: The town was originally called Clear Lake Villas, until Charles William Bayne renamed the place after his former hometown, Nice, France, around 1930. The Nice post office opened in 1930.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Incredible this story about Nice french one and american one

Because we are talking from France, I present you a city not far away from me, but we can see the "damages" of the time, of the humans, of something...

ETRETAT

Étretat is best known for its chalk cliffs, including three natural arches and a pointed formation called L'Aiguille or the Needle, which rises 70 metres (230 ft) above the sea.Two of the three famous arches are visible from the town, the Porte d'Aval, and the Porte d'Amont. The Manneporte is the third and the biggest one, and cannot be seen from the town.The GR 21 long-distance hiking path (Le Havre to Le Tréport) passes through the town.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wow - what a coastline! I imagine that town is quite a tourist attraction!

Back to the food reference.....to go with our egg and toast:

TANGERINE a small town in Florida...population 826.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Waouh I didn't know that Tangerine was something to eat... and second waouh... it is the same word in french !!!! So, double thanks, B, for this interesting information ;)
So ... I don't find something to eat but for travelling...

ESPARGOS

It is located in Capo Verde, on the "SAL" island, because Capo Verde is composed of few islands.
I was in Boa Vista, for example. Anyway... Espargos is the capital town and the most populated.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks for that info about Espargos...never heard of it before:

to go with eggs, toast, and tangerine, we have

SALMON

a city in the US Western State of Idaho. A little bit of its history: The Lewis and Clark Expedition crossed the continental divide at Lemhi Pass, 30 miles (48 km) to the southeast of Salmon. They followed the Salmon River through the present site of the city, then ascended the North Fork of the river, at the present day town named after the confluence, to cross into present-day Montana near Lost Trail Pass. The sole female in the party, Sacagawea, was born in the Lemhi Valley near Salmon. (i remember learning about Sacagawea in High School history class....)
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

Greasy corner, AR

Yuck.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Beata, very funny picture.

Therefore, I pick up the N of "salmon" from B, in order to follow the game. Hope you will be okay.

B.... You will find the entire menu ?? :lol: :lol:

NEVERS

is approximatly pronounced like the english "never" !! But nothing compares :lol: :lol:
This town is the prefecture of the Nièvre department in the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region in central France.
It was the principal city of the former province of Nivernais. It is 260 km (160 mi) south-southeast of Paris.

For the follow... an esay one with an S.... Let's go...
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Beata wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:03 pm Image

Greasy corner, AR

Yuck.
What a funny name! (Greasy Corner)

So is NEVERS.......

Ok, here goes - more on our menu:

SANDWICH a small town in the US state of Illinois.......population in 2000 was 7421

But its population swells to 100,000 to 200,000 for it's annual Fair: Sandwich is the home of the Sandwich Fair, which first started as an annual livestock show in DeKalb County. Held yearly, the Wednesday-Sunday after Labor Day since 1888, it is one of the oldest continuing county fairs in the state of Illinois, drawing daily crowds of more than 100,000, with the top attendance days reaching more than 200,000 fair-goers.
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Of course...
I continue with the menu...

HAM

Ham is just one hour away from my town, Amiens. It is situated on the D930 and D937 crossroads, some 21 kilometres (13 mi) southwest of Saint-Quentin, in the far southeast of the department, near the border with the department of the Aisne. The nearby villages of Estouilly and Saint-Sulpice joined the commune of Ham in 1965 and 1966 respectively. There are approximately 5.000 citizens