MacGyver Reboot

Annelies

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by Annelies »

zuzik2301 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:20 pm They destroyed my childhood and my hero. :cry:
Oh Zuzik! Now don't let that destroy everything!! Rick is the one and only Mac, Bruce the only Jack, Dana the only Pete.. We know that and let me assure you that there's a younger generation who knows that to..😙
Lots of love,

Lies

tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Did you watch the pilot zuzik and NiLa ? The pilot was terrible but they say (?) it got a little better later on.

I remember RDA saying in an interview that he was in almost every scene and didn't have much of a private life then. I'm not fond of shows where teams are involved .There are so many of them nowadays. I watched one episode of Scorpion and I found it extremely boring ,you move from one character to another so fast , no time to know them and like them as we did with Mac (= RDA).

I'm surprised they asked you your opinion on the show LexiW. They don't know ? They don't know it's a totally different show ? Henry Winkler and Lee David Zlotoff don't know they betrayed the original (they were part of it ) ? So hypocritical ! But some people like it , so why bother ? They should have found another title, that's all... the M Team perhaps ?
zuzik2301

Post by zuzik2301 »

Annelies wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:52 pm
zuzik2301 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:20 pm They destroyed my childhood and my hero. :cry:
Rick is the one and only Mac, Bruce the only Jack, Dana the only Pete.. We know that and let me assure you that there's a younger generation who knows that to..😙
Absolutelly agree with you and also hope that a younger generation knows that :)
tvero80 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:07 pm Did you watch the pilot zuzik and NiLa ? The pilot was terrible but they say (?) it got a little better later on.
Yes I saw the pilot because I was curious. Not sure I want see to more... I'm sure this new show will find fans but as I said. For me is one and only Macgyver. 8-)
If you want to know where your heart is look to where your mind goes when it wanders
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

tvero80 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:07 pm Did you watch the pilot zuzik and NiLa ? The pilot was terrible but they say (?) it got a little better later on.

They should have found another title, that's all... the M Team perhaps ?
I watched the pilot and the second episode, too . I have to admid, I don't even know anymore which one I did like less. I already forgot about it. Too unimportant.

The idea with " The M-Team" is funny...with all that gunfire really close to the A-Team (which I liked very much, when I was 15 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

So, tvero, never mind about the reboot ....it's too unimportant and will be forgotten soon.

We love and watch our MacGyver, that will last another 30 years at least!

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

NiLa wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:03 pm
tvero80 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:07 pm
They should have found another title, that's all... the M Team perhaps ?
The idea with " The M-Team" is funny...with all that gunfire really close to the A-Team (which I liked very much, when I was 15 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Anja ;)
Starring Handy Mac ,Mister J ,Bozo and Boobs :D
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I know this thread isn't very popular but I just wanted to revive it even if it's only with one post . George Eads ( Jack Dalton ) is leaving the show . Is it because he wants to spend more time with his daughter in LA (as RDA did before him ) or because of more obscure reasons ?

Anyway without Jack Dalton , the only character left from the original series is Mac (or at least a poor imitation of Mac) .The others are just useless sidekicks required to make up the numbers in a typical 21st century tv show (in my humble opinion) . Sad .
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

I tried to like this reboot... even defending it in the beginning... hoping as time went on it would find its heart...but it never has ☹️ They should have named it The Phoenix Foundation since it has nothing to do with "MacGyver." It's a rehash of NCIS, Hawaii 5-0, etc... Watching Jack clear a room first by shooting the bad guys he finds before Mac follows him in....disgusting. I'm back to watching the one and only RDA in the original on Netflix (I have the DVDs but it's easier to just watch it on Netflix until they stop running it 😉)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Glad you have given up on the MacGyver reboot. I did too - from the very start of it. So am glad to hear from you that the "new" MacGyver is as bad as I thought it would be.

I am so dense, I don't even know how to use netflix.....I just watch the original MacGyver DVD's and LOVE THEM ALL!
B
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Hi everybody,
It is very difficult to "arrive" after someone and succeed to make its place, mostly if the person has huge, important, fantastic or just you had liked this person. In the real life it is the same. You arrive in a new job... you have to make your place....

So each one has right to exist and make its best. The actor in the new RDA is an actor, so he makes that it would be asked. Georges Eads had already a carreer with succees with CSI. So, if the show has, would has, would have had succees.... good for them....

BUT...

exactly like Magnum (Tom Selleck refuse to participate in the new show), according to me, it is not MACGYVER.
Nothing to do with the spirit of "macgyver". Macgyver was a serie in the 80' and the generation was impacted with all ways of life, with spirit, with sense of humour and first of all.... NO GUN !!!
Perhaps it is usual in America to make new with "old", just for making money.... but please directors, scriptwriters, executive producers.... STOP to take the name of what you don't make. Thank you. And good luck for all series, because everyone has right to work.
So please.... don't make a reboot of Stargate.... We would probably have a General Carter with some robots and she will have an affair with some lietenants just to make audience..... NOoooooooooooo ..... Nightmares !!!!
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

do you heard that "jack Dalton left the serie, so georges eads is gone away...
And they want introduce a woman to "protect" Macgyver....

No, really, no, nothing compare with the original....

Please mister Hollywood' could you stop make reboots of good series ??? :o :?: :cry: