FEDCON

Astra

Re: FEDCON

Post by Astra »

I just wanted to say, if anyone here who was at Fedcon wants to have my "Stargate" videos (Maschendrahtzaun, Bruttosozialprodukt and Holzmichel) that were played at the big screen before the panel with the three on Friday, please write me a PM and I will happily share!
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Anne wrote in her retelling of the RDA / AT / MS Panel:
AT: YES... but as a boss, Rick was a lot of fun. Coming onto the show... and I talked about this before... it was like... I mean, he's MacGyver. He's a cultural icon, he's, you know... and we came onto the show as newbies and he could have had a lot more of an ego. But he didn't turn out to have a big ego and he was quite fun. But at first we were all like; ohhh, he's that guyyyy.

RDA: I want to say with all seriousness, I have so much respect for these two. After 8 years I finally had sense enough to mosey on down the line… go on back to bein’ a Pa to my .. my daughter … and after I did so and all I could do is reflect on the times I’d had eight years prior ….to the moment I went south … to Los Angeles California … take care of my daughter … and think fondly on the times I’d had with these two to my ….. immediate ….. right. Some of the finest, most eloquent, smartest people I’ve ever ever ever met.”.......

MS: I think the amazing thing about this, aside from catching up with these guys, is the fact that we're still able to do this. That it's made an impression enough, like Amanda said, that it seems to make an impression with other generations. That it has come into some sort of classic category which is a big surprise from when we all started this little show. That's very unique and I'm sure that at one point we'll all be... amazed and..........

When they bowed together RDA had trouble straightening up again after the third bow (they were holding hands and bowing) and MS had to help him up and then he and AT kind of supported him on their way out and he leaned on them quite heavily. I think it was either his knee or his back giving out, or both. However... it COULD have been just him goofing around, I'm not entirely sure about that. But I tend to think it wasn't........
Hi, Anne,

I have reread your post about the 3 person panel - AT, MS, and RDA - several times. I found the above paragraphs the most interesting to me - though it ALL was interesting.

I just wanted to comment:
On Paragraph #1 where AT and MS were asked about what kind of a boss RDA was = and how she said RDA was a lot of fun as a boss and how when they realized just who RDA was (that MacGyver guy) they expected a big ego in him - but found out he was just the opposite.....well.....again.....we love that about RDA. He is so self-effacing and non-egotistical...LOVE that about him.

That on the paragraph #2 = it shows RDA's true humility, I think, and his honest admiration for his fellow actors in Stargate. That is very impressive and just one more reason we LOVE LOVE LOVE him and admire him so much!

On paragraph #3 where MS says Stargate has become a "Classic" - I think that is so true - and now new generations are watching it and enjoying it as are us "older" fans who were maybe (as I was) too busy with "life" to even know about Stargate when it was actually first running. I am glad it's now a Classic and I hope that Stargate SG1 even grows to be more of a Classic in that regard.

On paragraph #4 about RDA's back giving out when he took his 3rd bow - and MS and AT seeming to help him off the stage - I would not doubt it was his back helping him - as he even said his back was bothering him at the Phoenix Comic Con the next weekend. There he kept fidgeting with a chair and putting one leg up on it (which is how you are supposed to stand when you have a bad back - keep one foot elevated) and then he leaned over the panel table and said pointedly that he had to do that because his back was bothering him. All this just to say, I am so sorry that his back gives him so much trouble. I don't have back problems but I know those who do and who have had back surgery as RDA has had and still have pain there. I think RDA is great for continuing to go to these Conventions despite the sore back.

Thanks again, Anne, for the retelling of the FedCon events.
B
Anne

Post by Anne »

Sunday Panel - RDA, MS, AT, Jay Acavone and Suanne Brown

Okay, I will have to type the first five or so minutes of this panel (and some stuff in between) from my memory and since it's been over a week now... bear with me, please. Again, if anyone wants to fill in blanks, correct me, add something etc, feel free to point stuff out, I'll be grateful!

The Sunday panel was RDA, MS, AT, Jay Acovone and Suanne Brown (Jay is the actor who played Kawalsky and Suanne was Hathor). Jay kept pointing out that he died in the very first episode and that he still wasn't over that, lol.

They came on stage and there was a row of chairs right underneath the big screen and MS went to the far right (left from where I was sitting), AT sat down next to him, then Jay. Suanne and RDA were kind of indecisive on who was going to sit where and finally Suanne sat next to Jay and RDA next to her, so he was on the far left (right from where I was sitting).

The panel started and, please forgive me, but I have no idea what was being said because my focus was on RDA who had either hearing troubles or just felt uncomfortable and he was kind of not happy – and at one point (if I recall that right) MS and AT (I think) waved at him to come over and RDA got up, picked up his chair and shuffled along the line to sit next to MS again. I think he said something about not getting anything and MS said it was okay, he would translate and explain. But I'm not really sure anymore – please, anyone remembers this correctly? Because it was rather cute.

Okay, my 'notes' start at a question about Daniel dying and how did that change his character and how much influence had his death on the other characters. The gal who asked the question was very nervous and her words were organized kind of oddly ( I just love that phrase RDA used the other day) ... and I felt sorry for her, but couldn't help laughing. I think (I hope) she took it with humor and didn't feel all too mortified or angry because the actors clearly got some laughs out of it.

MS (about Daniel dying): Daniel died in season one, two, three, four... some of six... seven, part of it...

Fan: I know. Do you believe that his dying changed his character...

(RDA looked at MS, grinning while MS was trying to focus on the question)

Fan:... and for the others, how influenced his death the characters?

(RDA pretended to wipe sweat off his face with his cap and was laughing hysterically behind it, which was kind of not nice, but also hilarious. MS just stared blankly, then turned to RDA)

MS: You wanna take this one?

RDA: Well, I was just listening to the question and it came to me as – did dying change your character?

MS nods.

RDA (to the audience): See? Maybe it's not all my fault!

Fan: I know, I mean Daniel's...

AT: He didn't speak as quickly.

MS (to AT): You didn't see me on Atlantis when I had to work with Hewlett. We time traveled and I don't mean on the show, but like in real life, we spoke SO fast!

(RDA looked at him, clearly very amused)

MS: Did you ever listen to... ah, never mind... it's David Hewlett.. ahm... well, the situation being where he (Daniel) supposedly went and what he supposedly came back for...

(RDA turned away from him sniggering again for some reason)

MS: ...realizing he could do much more there, I would say that he...

(RDA made drinking motions with his hand and MS stopped talking, turned his head slow-ly to stare at him and RDA went kinda 'oops' and patted his shoulder, saying; “I knew I was on camera and they didn't bring anything to drink so knowing that I was on camera, I went like (drinking motions again) this, hoping someone backstage would see it...” MS nodded and RDA, very proudly, turned to the audience, tapping his temple in a 'ain't I smart' way...”Hah!? Haah?!”...there was applause... “Thank you!”)

MS (back to that question about Daniel dying): So, by what I was told... I will give you this information... by what I was told by Brad Cooper was that when Daniel was going to come back he needed to be much more part of the action now, with Rick being gone, and we worked on that point...(turned to Rick) … because you needed some time off.

(RDA blinked)

MS: You were part of that interview...

(He started laughing at RDA's clueless face and Rick started laughing with him)

MS: With Rick mostly being gone (and they both cracked up again) you know, he was taking a smaller role in the action part of the show and so Daniel was meant to come back to be more involved in that aspect of it, so he came back and felt he could do more and therefore would be doing more. Is that the answer to your question? Because him dying didn't change him so much because he did it about forty or fifty times, sooo...

Fan: And Amanda?

AT: How Daniel's dying changed my character?

The fan wants to know how much influence Daniel's death had on Sam, what were her feelings about it.

AT: I think for all of us losing such a major part of the team, especially in season six, felt very... it felt weird not having Daniel there.

(RDA got his drink and was happpyyy)

AT: And it changed the characters in that they were acutely aware of that... not only were they highly fallible, but also mortal, so... but it was a weird... season six was very odd. Not having Daniel and not having Michael around... was very discombobulating.

(MS looked at RDA who said something off the mike, probably something like: 'You were gone?' MS cracked up again, laughing out loud and doubling over. AT kind of patted his shoulder and MS said (to the fan) “You want to point that question to Rick?”

AT: Yes, come on, ask Rick.

MS: You have to ask him.

AT: Come on, ask him!

(RDA said something off mike again, laughing)

AT: Slowly and in mono syllables...

RDA (to fan): What is it you wold like, dear?

Fan (taking AT literally): Change? Influence on your character... (she got totally lost, that poor girl, I really felt sorry for her at this point)

(MS was trying to keep a straight face and failing and started rubbing RDA's back in a kind of sympathizing way while RDA was really trying to follow the question.)

RDA: Maybe you could throw some more words in there, maybe a connecting verb...

(MS covered his eyes, almost falling off his chair)

RDA: Changes are noun to me...

AT: How did Daniel's dying change or influence Jack O'Neill

Fan: Yesss, thank you!

RDA: To be honest with you...

(MS was biting his knuckles)

RDA: I didn't know that he had gone.

Fan: See, that's the reason why I wouldn't ask him...

AT: Smart woman.

RDA: Thanks for trying-

(MS wiped tears off his face)

,RDA: You all are getting to know me too well, I think.

AT (to audience): Welcome to our nightmare.

There was a question about action figures. The fan asked if the actors' kids play with them and had the actors any say in the making of them, what they would look like etc. And he ended his question with, “...like you walk into Walmart and there are your action figures and your kids say, 'Hey, mom, hey dad, you#re on sale.'”

(MS and RDA looked at each other and started giggling again)

AT: On sale in aisle 9 at Walmart!

RDA: Daddy, you're so small.

Sueanne: Aisle 9, we got a Jack O'Neill, aisle 9, we got a Jack O'Neill!

AT: We did a 3D rendering thing. Remember, we had to sit... very still and they moved this 3D camera around us... (did hand motion zipping around her head)

MS: They used it for that, but it was supposed to be for something else, right?

AT: Yeah... (back to the fan) so beyond that, no, we didn't...

MS: As far as I'm concerned that … the characters I saw... Rick and I look like we're a hundred. I don't even think we got to have a look at them before they were coming out.

(RDA shook his head)

AT: I don't think I look like... my action figure looks like me very much at all, but we did get some.

MS: You did?

AT: Yeah, they sent a box at one point.. well, maybe it was in season six … (MS snorted) so I have a couple of them and Olivia has pulled one out and plays with that occasionally, which is just weird.

RDA: My biggest complain about them was that I didn't have a package.

Fan: You could still play with it though.

There's a part missing here, but RDA made sure ppl knew what he was talking about regarding his package and then they moved on to another question that was something along the lines of; if the actors had to choose another character of the show to play, whom would they play? And I'm actually not sure which one of them said they wanted to play Thor. It might have been MS or Suanne Brown, but regarding Thor, MS said...

MS: Speaking of a man with absolutely no package...

Suanne Brown: But he had this big hammer.

(MS looked kind of clueless for a second, then his eyes widened and he looked at Rick and started laughing again.)

Fan: Who would you play, Rick?

RDA: What?!

AT: Another character on SG-1, who would you play?

RDA: Ohhh, I don't know. Ahhh, Hath-or.

Suanne Brown: Ahhh, and whyyy?

RDA: I'm gonna have alllll the shrimps I want!

Jay (going back to the question): Any character that didn't die.

AT: I'd pick Teal'c because I didn't have to say so much. Indeed! Jaffa, kree! Indeed!

There was a pic of RDA or SG-1 on the screen and everyone turned their heads and looked at it and AT went, “Oh myyy, Rick, look at you!” And Rick went, “Yeah!” And MS said, “Is that to remind everybody who's up here, is that's what this is about?” They kept looking at the screen - and I can't see what's on the screen now so this is somewhat... weird - but I it had to be a pic of MS because MS said,
“Who's that? He's soooo soulful.”

RDA: On the edge, on the dark side of the glass … Michael (that's all I got, sorry – it got scrambled in the laughter of the audience and since I can't remember what picture they were showing, this is pretty useless, but I loved the way RDA says 'on the dark side' and 'Michael')

AT: He looks so wistful

MS: I look so bloody young... oh my god!

Then they were showing RDA kissing Thor again (well it was actually the Spacey award he was kissing, but that looks like Thor)

MS (in his Thor voice): I like the yellow ones.

RDA (wistfully): He just never calls anymore.

Next was a question about MS's charity for Multiple Sclerosis.

MS: My wife's father has MS for the last thirty two years and so that's how we got to... that's the go-to charity my family is involved with and... do I have any advise? Not a lot. It's a difficult process, obviously, and I think this maintenance of ones proper health and all that adjusting... I don't have it myself, I just have to witness the suffering of those that do. My cousin has just recently been diagnosed with it and it's a just a difficult illness to call in terms of how it ramps up and where it goes to and it's very different form person to person and so it's very difficult to say what it does to whom. It's a pretty crappy disease and we're happy to be a part of the cause of fighting it. Well we're not happy, but we're committed to it.
About Daniel's question in WOO – MS was translating to RDA again, referring to WOO as the groundhog day episode...

MS: ...where we were groundhogging back to the question, 'This happens to be the way, I feel about it, what do you think'.

(RDA looked on, questioningly)

MS: It happened. It did happen. And I've been asked about that a lot like; what was the question Daniel was asking, what was the subject matter because we never really established it. And, aaah, I always say either I'm not telling ooor, now that YOU (Rick) are here...

(RDA started laughing)

MS: ...something gay.

(RDA bit his lip in a cute way and nodded)

MS: Not that there is anything wrong with that. But, something gay.

Fan: Good answer. Thanks.

(RDA said something off the mike which cracked MS up again)

Fan: This being sort of a reunion for all of you, what would be if all your characters - and they were all alive – and you would meet up for a BBQ reunion. What would that be like?

RDA: We'd have shrimps.

AT: We'd have a lot of shrimps.

Jay: I'd still be dead.

Fan: No, no, I said if all of your characters were still alive.

Sueanne: Well, obviously I'd seduce all the boys and then I'd have something to do with Amanda. What on Earth could I do with her?

(She looked flirty and stuck her tongue out at AT a little and they touched hands behind Jay's back)

RDA (in his best O'Neill voice): What??!!

Jay: I just didn't really pay attention to that... what?

AT: If our characters were all alive (repeated the question, then addressed the fans): This weekend has been fun for us actors for being able to see each other and hang out, but characters... I don't know.

MS: I know that Daniel would go to the BBQ and flip something over and the whole BBQ would catch fire and his outfit, too, and he'd probably dieee. (which cracked RDA up and MS looked very smug for coming up with an answer like that)

AT: Kawalsky and I would be making out in one corner and Hathor and Sam in another and... I don't know.

(And agaaaain RDA said something off the mike that had MS in stitches and no one else got to hear it 'pouts' but it had to be something to do with shrimps again because...)

AT: Just don't ask us any questions that can't be answered with the word shrimp.

Question about whether or not Teal'c's ongoing 'Indeed' has ever annoyed the others because he had so little text. Apparently Teryl had shared last year that ppl got a bit annoyed with him and started calling him 'the indeed man'.

AT (nodded quite eagerly all through the fan's talking): Well, Michael and I had the bulk of the dialogue on the show and so it was very frustrating when we had to go home at night to learn all those lines and then Chris would just roll out of bed and go 'Indeed'.

MS: Roll out of bed?

AT: If he actually went to bed... right.

There's more I couldn't get about what Chris was doing at nights and if he ever slept at all or something.

MS: I got a little bit of trivia for you … in the last episode... the final episode we did...

(RDA started staring at MS very intensely, like he was trying to hypnotize him or something, then he looked at the screen and back at MS and he kept doing that all through MS's answering the question)

MS:...the scene where we were all talking and doing all those catch phrases … and actually in the script it was written that General Landry says, 'SG-1 you have a go' and Teal'c says, 'Indeed' and we were all deciding that we were gonna change that. That everyone else would say indeed and he wouldn't and that was it, that was kind of our final say in that.

Okay I am TRYING to describe what happened then... RDA kept looking to the screen, then to MS etc all the while MS was talking and (and I am so sad because part of this is missing, but I remember Rick telling MS that if he looks this or that way and Rick would turn his head towards the screen, and MS would look at the audience and the camera up there where the tech ppl were (he said, “Michael, look into that camera” and MS did), that they would have eye contact or something.

I was laughing too hard to really get all of it, but MS was instantly doing exactly what he was told, looking where he was told, and following RDA's hand /finger with his eyes and RDA ordered the techno man to cut to his close up (on the screen) and they looked (from MY angle where I was sitting it looked as if they were going to kiss or go cheek to cheek, snuggling) and they kept doing that for a while, both very concentrated until...

RDA: There! Just, look out there...

MS (raised his hand towards the camera which was somewhere up at the loge where the techno guys sat): There?

RDA: Yeah!

And they kept doing that for.... I don't know... a moment, a while... totally engrossed in what they were doing... and I can't really describe it, but as I'm watching it, I'm almost falling off my chair because it was so funny and they kept sitting there, RDA looking at the screen and MS looking at the audience. So, MS raised his hand and held his thumb and forefinger only inches apart and RDA watched himself on the screen with MS framing his head with his fingers, and he said, “Owww, you're squeezing my head!”

And everyone else was just looking on in amazement about them doing their 'look at that camera' game.

Somewhere later there was a questions about whether there were really nice shooting locations in Vancouver.

All of them: No, no, no!

MS: In Vancouver it rains 362 days out of a year – alll day.

AT: Or it's blazingly hot.

MS (pointed at RDA): There's my favorite memory of you...

AT: The make up artist created these little pads we could put around our necks to cool us off...

MS (kept pointing at RDA and talking to AT): Do your remember when we were shooting the Brocca Divide? And he's sitting on top of this... and it's pouring down rain and (there's something else I can't understand because it's scrambled with laughter from the audience again) It was our very first season and Rick is sitting on the top of the Stargate and going; 'Turn that camera on, turn the camera on! Hey, this is Richard Dean Anderson. Tell MGM to come and film in this shit!”

RDA: I was a bit put off by the weather.

AT: At the first day of shooting the pilot it was raining so hard that the hail... there was hail... and we were wearing helmets and it was pinging off our helmets. (to Jay) Remember that? And you could actually see it ping, ping, ping, and that was also a massive problem for sound and we had to re-shoot a few scenes because of it.

RDA was asked about MacGyver being in the dictionary (Macgyverism etc) and if he was flattered or proud because of it

RDA: It seems like the dictionary - in the states at least - are starting to take on all kinds of new words and I think that the MacGyverizer or to MacGyver something fit right in to what.... Websters and these other dictionaries have been doing is adopting... adapting... to see... words and language are driving me nuts. My father was a speech and English teacher

(he patted MS's shoulder)

RDA: I could go on...

(MS replied something I don't get and AT went, 'Ohhohhh')

RDA:... but, well it was kind of flattering and what happened actually was... (looked at the screen ) boy, we only have fifteen minutes left...

MS: They just changed it to ten when you just said that, holy shit...

RDA: Every ten years or so at the time they would re... you know, add some words to the dictionary. MacGyver missed it by two weeks , missed the deadline. Steve Downing, one of our producers, had examined the possibilities of submitting it and we missed it for like that much (put thumb and forefinger together) But as to the emotional... my heart swelled. In fact it's swollen today, I am taking medication.

MS: We actually used – Our scriptwriters on Saving Hope this year threw in a MacGyver reference, yep, did a balloon tamponade where they were, you know, grabbing some things from a gas station to fix a person and they said, 'Are you seriously gonna MacGyver a tamponade out of that?' And I was kinda like... (he wibbled on his chair like an excited kid, nodding his head)

RDA (perfectly translating MS's body language, sing-songing): I knoowww himmm...

There was a question about filming Hathor and Suanne Brown said something I don't have in my file but she finished with, “...I was exhausted”

RDA: You were in boiling hot water, of course you were exhausted...

(He turned to MS probably asking what was the question or something)

MS: Oh, right, how difficult was it to actually film Hathor, the episode Hathor. (AT threw something in about giving them an hour to explain everything to Rick, but I didn't get the exact words.)

MS: It was hard

RDA: Yeah

MS: That's it?

RDA: Yeah

MS (once he stopped laughing): It was difficult to say some of the crap dialogue I had in that particular episode.

AT (delighted): Remember Queen Bee???

MS: That's my favorite line, ever!

AT: He HATED that line!

MS: Michael Greenburg insisted. He was like, 'The audience needs to hear this, man.' And I was like, 'Mike, come on, this is the worst line ever!' And he was like, 'Nooo, they need to hear what she's like. I mean this is what … you know they have that visual in their head' And I'm like, 'Oh my god!' And I had to say...

(RDA who was very amused again, leaned into him so he didn't miss a word MS was saying)

MS: I had to say, 'You're... you're the mother of all the Goa'uld, you're like a queen bee!' And I had to mean it! I'd like to thank the academy!

AT (patting Michael's arm): Michael came into the make up trailer that morning and was just like (in a huff) 'Queen Bee!! Queen Bee!!'

RDA (amazed): You said THAT???

MS: Geenburg MADE me say it! I was trying desperately to change it!

(MS threw hands in the air to show HOW desperate he was and RDA went, 'Awwwww!')

MS: And he was like, 'Oh, maaan, you gotta say it, the audience needs to hear it'.

RDA (covered his face with his hand, laughing): I didn't know that fight was going on, I would have been there for you, Mickey.

MS: You were fighting battles of your own matters, that's... (to audience) as he sat in a pot of boiling shrimps with (rubbed his belly and made an out-coming motion with his hand ) a symbiote (that's not the word he used, but it's what he meant. I couldn't get the actual word) coming out of his stomach. (to RDA) You were in pretty deep on your own.

AT: You had your own battles.

Question about Enemy mine (nope, Michael, it was NOT Beast of Burden, but you were close, it was an Unas episode, lol) and who decided to bring in another colonel instead of having Jack doing the whole fighting it out with Daniel (but the question was very oddly organized again so there was some confusing on stage)...

RDA, MS and AT tried really hard to get the question, then MS and AT turned their heads to Rick who said, “Well, why looking at me like that that... she didn't mention (?) where I am.”

MS: What?!

AT: Oh no no no (something about MS not starting to act like RDA or something)

RDA and AT cracked up and RDA told the fan something along the lines of; I don't think he knows what you're talking about?

AT: Et tu, Michael!

MS: Are you referring to a specific episode?

Fan: Yes.

MS: Do you know the name or the title of the episode?

Fan: No, sorry.

MS: Is this Beast of Burden where Michael Rooker was playing the colonelll... guy, this was innn 7th season …

Fan said something about monsters (Unas, honey, they are called Unas... sigh)

MS: Yes, yes, yes,, but this isn't the first time we met them. It's a little bit later. We met them in season like... four, maybe season five... Stargate!

Fan: Yes...

MS: On TVVV...

AT: SG-1

MS: Yah...syndication... it's a good show... ahhh (went back on topic) I think it was called Beast of Burden? With Michael Rooker... there was a mine where the military was going into and...

Fan: Yes, exactly!

MS: Okay okay, I get it. (patting RDA's back) You were there. You were there. (to the fan) I believe this was during the stretch where Richard was... in season seven and season eight, sometimes we would shoot multiple episodes at the same time. It was a money saving thing to allow the show to continue and so on and so forth, and there was a story that had a lot of Daniel in it and not a lot of anybody else because you (AT) were somewhere else filming another episode... so they were gonna break the team up into pieces. (to RDA) There was one with Michael Rooker playing the colonel and Daniel is being a pain in the ass and you say, 'Daniel, go to your happy place.'

(RDA was clueless again)

MS: Ahmmm... (gestured at Rick, laughing) I love it. (patted his shoulder) We just gonna talk to each other here a bit...

(RDA stuck out his tongue)

MS: Yes, I believe that was done on purpose because Jack had already been through the wars with Daniel and learned to accept at least some of what he says and not gonna fight him at every turn and Rooker was kind of a new colonel and there's a great line in there where Daniel says to Jack, before he goes, that is like, 'I didn't wanna have to break in a brand new colonel' or something like that. So yes it was designed to be that way.

That Little Daniel question some people have already moaned about online (me included) was supposed to be the last question and it was, according to the fan, a character development question and mostly about whether or not Jack O'Neill (who, in most Little Daniel stories becomes a foster dad to a downsized Daniel) would use corporal punishment.

This is hard for me to even listen to because as an LD writer I felt very embarrassed about that question, I just couldn't help that. At the same time this girl was so determined to know and it seemed like the answer to that question was so important to her on a very personal level, it was kind of sad and I wonder what back story there is here. And she was almost (or so it appeared to me) tearing up when she added to that question, “Just tell me no.”

To which RDA said, jokingly, “Okay.” But he looked like (while she was still talking) he was trying to figure out what the hell that was all about and MS just looked kind of spooked, then turned to Rick.

RDA: Why are you asking that? And are you talking about the characters or are you talking about me?

Fan: No, about the characters because... (goes on about a lot of fan fiction writers making Jack a dad who spanks because he's a military man or something along those lines.)

RDA: What?

MS bottom lined it for him: I think what she wants to know is if Jack O'Neill would spank his kid.

RDA: NO! And I would just use that as a parallel of Richard Anderson's qualities blending in to Jack O'Neill.

(It was something like that. I had stopped taping because I was too busy covering my face with my hands)

And the girl literally leaped at that, yelling, “YAY!”

So – that was awkward and MS quickly asked if someone else had a question.

The very last question was about which ppl had the most influence on the actors' lives.

MS: That would be my parents. (and again I don't have this, but he was very much in awe of them because they were such grounded, honorable, humble, wonderful people. If anyone has this in more detail, let me know please.)

When MS was done, RDA was asked what were the people who most inspired him in his life and he put a hand on MS shoulder and said, “I have to say, that would be Michael's parents, too, because they sound like such wonderful people.” But then he went on to actually answering the question, saying that the person who keeps inspiring him all through his life (and hers) was his daughter because she was cool and that he learned so much from her (I think that's what he said, not sure anymore though) and that she inspires him greatly. Even now that she's a teenager with hormones and discovering a boy.

That's it, folks, that's all I got. Overall I felt a bit sorry for some of the fans and Jay and Sueanne seemed to be a little bit on the sidelines since MS and RDA (and AT to some degree) kept hogging most of the panel by either goofing around with each other or the audience. AT was doing her best to involve everyone, though, and Jay and Sueanne probably had fun as well. At least I hope they had. I hadn't been on their individual panels because I kept standing in line for RDA's autographs/photoshootst and other stuff, but I'm looking forward to the official FedCon DVD that's going to have at least parts of all the panels.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Thank you sooo much for this Anne. I couldn't attend that panel ...

Like you I'm looking forward to the dvd.

V
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wow - Anne - what a fantastic retelling of that panel! You captured the essence of all that was going on - on stage and with the questioners and with you. Really appreciate your effort in posting all of this panel event - to go along with your other postings. Thank you very very much! :D :D :D
B
Caty

Post by Caty »

You did a phantastic job, Anne!

I could really see them all before my eyes and I was snickering and smiling most of the time. Thank you! :D :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Lizzie G

Post by Lizzie G »

Thank you Anne. I know I will never be able to go to a Con. But because of you an the others I can almost feel like I have gone to this one and others. Thank you all!!!
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

Thank you Anne, you did a remarkable work with the panels :D :D :D :D :D
Claudia
Anne

Post by Anne »

I want to thank everyone for their lovely feedback. It was a lot of fun to write it down. I took home a lot of awesome expriences and memories from this con, it was just great.

Happ ya all like my reports :)
darling

Post by darling »

And thank you for your detailed report of Fedcon. It was such a blast to read about the panels. I'm so lucky that I already had the possibility to see RDA live. I would have really loved to meet the others. But reading your reports is like sitting in the first row. Thank you so much! :D