New remasteristed Macgyver

Beata

Re: New remasteristed Macgyver

Post by Beata »

Beata wrote: ↑Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:08 am
by zoeryan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 pm
Don't faint when you watch the opening gambit of Trumbo's World in HD :lol: ;)
Are you kidding Zoe, I fainted during the very first episode, and was never the same after... LOL
LOL, what happened to you when he was wearing just a towel then :lol:
ZOE !! I forgot about that scene, because I was in a dream world for hours ! LOL.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Any electronics experts here?

I bought the remastered MacGyver DVDs, because, well, you know, I HAVE to. ;)

But I don't own a Blu-ray player. So, I'm now trying to decide what I need to buy.

In order to get improved captures for the website, I need a player that will connect to my computer. I've found several that connect by USB, some are only players, some are also writers and act almost as an external drive. That would be fine, but I have to consider things like, does it power itself through the USB or need an additional power source, is it plug-and-play or do I need to install drivers, is it compatible with Windows 8.1, and does it come with software to play the DVDs and make captures, or can I use my 5-year-old version of PowerDVD to do that?

But then it would also be nice to be able to play the Blu-ray discs on my nice big 4K smart-TV. So I need to consider, does it use HDMI, must it be plugged in directly or can it connect wirelessly, and if it can write DVDs, does this mean it acts like a DVR with Blu-ray resolution?

I've researched online, I've talked to the guy at Best Buy, but I'm still not even sure if there is such a thing as a device that does BOTH (computer and TV), or if I am talking about two different purchases here. The product descriptions are not all that thorough.

Any advice?

('Cause the MacGyver Lexicon isn't growing anymore until I get this figured out! :P )

Kate
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

First off - yay on the high def screen shots! :n)

What I would imagine with computer peripheral players is that they would connect by usb to your computer, and then to play them on your tv you would connect the computer to the tv via HDMI so the tv is essentially an external monitor. Screenshots can be tough if the devices or software has a blocking element so it comes out blank if you screenshot (most streaming services have this so if you do a computer or phone screen grab the image is blank). So possibly you would need software to rip the video file from the blu-ray, at which point you can screenshot the video file, and play that on your tv as you would other computer files....

Which is a lot of writing to say - good question, if there is an easy way I'm not sure! Unfortunately my only Blu-ray player is my PS4 or I would try to play with computer software to help you out.
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Hello every one,

It needs me time but finally... I bought and received the BluRay of Macgyver.
So for the french Fans, I have finally my answer to "my" question.. But I have to explain.
As I found this website, I tried to read everything. Then I took contact with Kate. She is amazing, she takes always time to answer me (Kate, many thanks!!!). So I found in the website... I don't remember where a game with sentences from Macgyver. I found every sentences except one "am i too late for happy hour?".
So I asked kate that she told me, it is in season 1 episode 3... Okey.. I checked again, in english in french... no, niet, nix, niente, nada...
These scenes were not on the "french" version in DVD

After all this time, I have the answer because now, I have the BluRay version....
And the BluRay... this little part in the episode 3 is not translated !!! You listen french... and then... "am i too late for happy hour?"... and then French come again... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It means that there are probably some pictures or parts of Macgyver that the french fans have never seen....
But, Kate, Thanks to you and your sentences game and also... my way to understand all things... now i saw this sentence !!!

Okey... it could seem ridiculous... But I am happy to discover new pictures from Macgyver, approximatly after 35 years... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

I'm not surprised... I've very often seen that they delete things on the french versions... sometimes even whole scenes...

I wanna check this one on my imported dvds of Mac, can you tell me when it is in the episode?
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Hey Juliette,
In my DVD, the scenes were cut.
But in the new BluRay the scenes are present and not translated.
The first I have noticed (and the photo) is in Season 1 Episode 3 Thief of Budapest.
Approximatly 22 minutes, after Mac helped Jana's brothers to leave the jail and just befor Mac came in the Reena's bar?
Now that I received the BluRay, I check all episodes and it is an huge pleasure to watch (again, again, again, agin) Macgyver.

Here are the sentences :
"Macgyver: Yeah! … … Jana let’s go! … Okay, you guys, settle down. Now, where’s my watch?
Bruno: I sold it
Macgyver: You sold it?
The man who said, “Life is just a bowl of cherries”, had it wrong. It’s a bowl of Hungarian goulash. Hot and sticky. And I’m not that hungry.
Macgyver: Hi. Am I too late for happy hour?

Jana’s brother sold the watch to another gypsy, a fence named Reena. Trendy little joint she’s got here. I see the beautiful people just stopped in to have a cocktail before the ballet.
Macgyver: Evening, gents. I’m looking for a … for Reena

Have a look
:lol: :D :lol:
Bisous
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Ah indeed it's cut on my dvds.. and they are imported from england!
It has been cut right after the commercial break (when it fades to black), how convenient...

I really don't get why they do that, they show no respect to the original cut, that was well thought by the people working on the show..
Well maybe here it wasn't even in the original tv broadcast, and they added deleted scenes in the new remastered episodes.. :roll: (only an original tv recording could tell us..) but i've seen this done on other tv shows, and I've always been mad at this..
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Juliette wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:50 pm Well maybe here it wasn't even in the original tv broadcast, and they added deleted scenes in the new remastered episodes.. :roll: (only an original tv recording could tell us..)
That scene was in the original TV broadcast. I have the original VHS tapes I recorded when the show first aired. And those tapes are what I used when I made up the MacGyver Quiz - long before any DVDs were available.

Kate
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

KateR wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:03 pm That scene was in the original TV broadcast. I have the original VHS tapes I recorded when the show first aired. And those tapes are what I used when I made up the MacGyver Quiz - long before any DVDs were available.
Kate
Hey Kate,
and Thanks to you, the french fans have something new to see from Macgyver.
So again thank you thank you thank you.
And Perhaps soon will be the next BluRay for the following seasons and we will be again surprised...So wait and see...
:lol: :lol:
Best regards dear Kate
karinedauphin

Post by karinedauphin »

Juliette wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:50 pm Ah indeed it's cut on my dvds.. and they are imported from england!
It has been cut right after the commercial break (when it fades to black), how convenient...

I really don't get why they do that, they show no respect to the original cut, that was well thought by the people working on the show..
Well maybe here it wasn't even in the original tv broadcast, and they added deleted scenes in the new remastered episodes.. :roll: (only an original tv recording could tell us..) but i've seen this done on other tv shows, and I've always been mad at this..
Perhaps... huh... very.. perhaps... the series was aired in 1987 in France... at the time, "perhaps" no one knew what was a "happy hour"... so just cut....
:lol: :lol: :lol: