MacGyver references in other Movies & TV shows

BarbaraB

Re: MacGyver references in other Movies & TV shows

Post by BarbaraB »

Juliette wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:26 pm
BarbaraB wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:39 pm Here's a MacGyver reference from real life!

"NASA's Mars Curiosity rover team is made up of a bunch of MacGyvers who come up with creative solutions to fix things when they go wrong. The rover's drill has been a problem for over a year, but now Curiosity is back to both drilling and analyzing powdered rock samples thanks to some clever engineering."

https://www.cnet.com/news/nasa-mars-rov ... -on-track/

That's our Mac! :D
Wow amazing!!
I didn't see that article, I love astronomy and space exploration!
Thank you for sharing Barbara :)
You're welcome, Juliette. Astronomy and space exploration are my two favorite subjects, too. :)
Barbara
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Me too, I seen a reference in a movie. Some men were talking together, a night into wild nature... One of them were talking to doing something, and other one aswered : "I can't, I'm not MagGyver ! " But, sorry, I can't to remember what it was... I look for, but I don't know more... ;)

The second time, It's in the book I write currently... :lol: :lol:
Last edited by frenchwriter on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

There was a reference in Chérif ( French tv cop show) when I think Chérif used a macgyverism which didn't work .He was very disappointed and said something like "I never liked MacGyver anyway" :shock:

Since the series is shot in Lyon and RDA will be in Lyon in September , it would be great if he could play in one episode and convince Chérif his macgyverisms work !!

Antonio Fargas aka Huggy Bear in Starsky & Hutch played in a previous episode so why not RDA ? One can dream :) I wish I knew people working on that show to suggest that bright idea (of mine ) ! :D

Latest news : they relocated ... they are in Reims now ...too bad...still, it was a good idea. How far is Reims from Lyon ? ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero80 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:50 pm There was a reference in Chérif ( French tv cop show) when I think Chérif used a macgyverism which didn't work .He was very disappointed and said something like "I never liked MacGyver anyway" :shock:

Since the series is shot in Lyon and RDA will be in Lyon in September , it would be great if he could play in one episode and convince Chérif his macgyverisms work !!

Antonio Fargas aka Huggy Bear in Starsky & Hutch played in a previous episode so why not RDA ? One can dream :) I wish I knew people working on that show to suggest that bright idea (of mine ) ! :D

Latest news : they relocated ... they are in Reims now ...too bad...still, it was a good idea. How far is Reims from Lyon ? ;)
Yes, your idea is a great one!
B
AmigadeVenezuela

Post by AmigadeVenezuela »

I was in Brasil with a 12 friends from the church I attend here in the States. We have ongoing projects in Rio. I was helping get things ready for a kid's activity. We had to inflate about 100 balloon animal balloons. We left the pumps at hotel. My fingers kept pinching shut the balloon and air wasn't getting in. So, I took apart a pen and used the barrel of the pen to, hopefully, be able to inflate the balloon(it didn't work). The leader of the group asked what I was using to try and inflate the balloon. I told him and he called me Macgyver. :D
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

AmigadeVenezuela wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:40 am I was in Brasil with a 12 friends from the church I attend here in the States. We have ongoing projects in Rio. I was helping get things ready for a kid's activity. We had to inflate about 100 balloon animal balloons. We left the pumps at hotel. My fingers kept pinching shut the balloon and air wasn't getting in. So, I took apart a pen and used the barrel of the pen to, hopefully, be able to inflate the balloon(it didn't work). The leader of the group asked what I was using to try and inflate the balloon. I told him and he called me Macgyver. :D
Very cool!
B