Dutch Comic Con

ergomac23

Re: Dutch Comic Con

Post by ergomac23 »

found another bit of the panel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMuP2fXQOWs
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

grainofsand wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:26 pm And 2 photos posted by entertainmenthoek.nl still on Instagram

Sandrine
Thank you so much, Sandrine, for the photos! He looks great!
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

karinedauphin wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:26 pm Hi everybody,
I was also in Dutch Comic Con.
It was an amazing day !! All perfect...
And a big special thank you to Annelies and Ilana for her patience and traduction. Sorry girls, my dutch is miserable :lol: :lol:

So I will try to put some photos.... oh... oh... oh ...

Dominique (frenchwriter), I made all the day a big promotion for your book, because I had it in my hands. And many people ask me informations... So perhaps new orders soon... :D :D

Hi there. Thanks for your report and hope you will post more about your experiences. I know it was the experience of a lifetime! I can't see the photo you posted though.

Take care,
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Annelies wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:53 pm Now my full report...At last!!! ;)

Saturday 24 november...

I arrived and immediatly met JK at the first hall before we could get in to the main halls of the con.
Later we met FireFly to, it was great!

When the doors opened we went to the autographs first.. It was a bit strange cause we had to stand in line first to pay for the autograph, then go back in another line to get the autograph from Rick.. I asked the volunteer next to Paul how long it would take, cause 11:15 the Q&A started, and it was almost 10:40.. and a big line for autographs..
Paul and Rick were also confused and luckily it changed later that day, appearently cause they said something about it but it was nice to stand so close to him talking to the volunteer.. We decided to get an autograph later and already sit down for the q&a..

So then it was time for the Q&A...

He mentioned the fires when the interviewer welcomed him. "Oh I'm ok, survived the fires, now in a jetlag, but further, yes, I am ok..."
I was the second in line for a question and I tried to start with saying that we, the fans of rdanderson.com were glad he was safe, but I stumbled a bit and the sound wasn't that good, he had trouble hearing us..
Then I asked what the most dangerous stunt was during MacGyver (a better question didn't came up :roll:)
He mentioned riding the horse on the beach at the thief of budapest and that he was pissed that Steve could do the nice job and he had to get off the horse when they lifted him up a view meters and yelled CUT..
There was also a question about wich bad guy he would let survive at Stargate SG1, he answered that would be Ba'al..
He got a question about the new MacGyvershow and said he didn't like it at all.. He got an applause and I yelled Whoohoo..
He said "now I didn't mean that in a mean way!, but I don't approve the show, it isn't what it was.. My character had to search for solutions and solve the problems.. Here you see 4 fragments and boom the solution is there... It isn't like that at all.."
He was ending with saying that his president was a ........ and a ....... and they were working on it to get him away and excused for his behaviour and he was so ashamed..
He got a big applause

During the Q&A he walked to the big stereo at the side of the podium and listened to the question from there.. probably louder or something.. He only forgot to get his mic out of the way so it was a loud peeeeeeeeeeeeep :lol:

I hope the full Q&A will come online, that would be great...
My head is so full of things right now, I think I forget a view things, but It will pop up and will follow later ;)
Also was making photo's (just 103 yesterday and today :D ) so my attention was a way sometimes

Then the photoshoot..
I went to him, he looked at me with my 1.58, bended his knees, wrapped his arm around me and smiled.. Cheek to cheek.
I smiled, photo was made and wanted to walk away, just flabbergasted, but he hold me, pulled me back a bit and said: "Wait, look how beautiful it is!" There was a big screen in front of us, wich I didn't notice, duh ;).. Held my arm for a long time during my leaving saying "it is beautiful" again..
The photographer gave me the photo of JK and I looked a bit surprised, cause she was in line after me, unfortunately I didn't have to go again, he found it on his desk...

After the photoshoot we went to get autographs..
I gave him the book with the messages and told him again that we were so glad he was safe and well and we were really worried about him...He was so glad with it and appreciated it that we thought about him. He knew I was coming, Kate let him know, he mentioned that.
Then he signed my photo.

I made him a Say what collage and a quote collage but didn't give him, cause I didn't want to spoil his attention for the messages of all of you..So I had to go back a little later, poor me ;)
Told him that we are a warm and caring family around here with laughter (Say Whats and he was the subject) and caring for eachother (Quotes)..
He laughed when he read the Say Whats and was so glad with them, he loved them..
I also asked him then if he visited rdanderson.com sometimes or read our posts.. He mentioned that Kate was a bit out of the loop on the moment, but he would be visiting more when he got electricity back on, and he was already visiting more before the fires he said.. I don't think he was reading the posts, just the messages in the guestbook, if I understood him well.
Then I also said that I understood that there were people who wanted to do something for him, it was in the messages also, so i asked him if he had any idea how we could help.
He said there was a good insurance and it wasn't necessary for the people there, there was enough stuff and money..
He really liked the gesture... Shook my hand warmly and said so nice, god bless you my dear.

You know, the moment you meet him.. At first I was a bit shakey, couldn't get the words out of my mouth, but after that it was just going as a train ;) I really had nice short conversations with him several times
Oh, Lies, your reports and the pictures of the Say What Collage are spectacular! Thank you SOOOOO much for all the details of your experiences. Thank you for taking the time to write it all down for us. I felt like I was there with you. Thank you too for giving him the book of messages of love and caring for him. (did you give it to him and/or did JK give it to him also?) I know you will NEVER forget this time with RDA! What special memories you now have! Thank you again.
B
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:33 amThank you too for giving him the book of messages of love and caring for him. (did you give it to him and/or did JK give it to him also?)
She was standing right next to me when I gave it.. she wanted me to give it to him and explain, but you are right B, we gave it together😉 sorry if it looked like I had all the credits cause that wasn't my intention at all...JK made the folder it looked FANTASTIC!!!I JK pl and she correct me or adjust when I'm wrong
Lots of love,

Lies

JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Thank you Annelies for your beautiful rendering of your view of the event.
First, I want to say ... WOW, what a man ....... warmhearted and so gentle. My first encounter was unbelievable, I stepped into the room for the photo, he saw me and my "Wild Loyalist" T-shirt, tore his arms open and shouted ......... NICE!
I approached him and was suddenly in his arms and the picture was taken. There was a fan there, which blew my hair into my face. So we took another picture, he grabbed me again and I was busy keeping my hair out of the picture, eventually I had to push it behind my ear to keep it out of the picture. Then he pointed to the screen and said, "Yes, look, that's it." or something like that. I felt like I was floating and my heart was racing right after I came out of the box. The effect lasted for some time. Unique experience and I was flashed by his way of dealing with the fans.
I had my son with me, who also wanted to have a photo with "MacGyver". That surprised me, but fortunately I had bought two tickets and gave him one. His picture has become really great. I'll show you, I think he does not mind.

I can not say what his experience was, but he smiles a little bit in the photo, he rarely does.
Then he wanted an autograph too, I think he liked Richard.
I sent him in front of me and everyone had to write his name or the name you wanted in the photo on a small piece of paper, my son did it, in his usual sloppy writing I think and his autograph now says to Jon ... .lol, his name is Jan. Jan said he asked again how to pronounce it, but at the same time an O instead of an A crept in. At least I think it's an O. But that does not matter. My son was very proud that he got it.

Richard said, "Ah, I know him, it's my old friend.".............lol...........
when he stepped in front of him for the autograph :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The first autograph (I was with him three times) was for a friend. He said "Hi..............again",
he probably remembered me from the Fotoshoot, thanks to my T-Shirt :lol: ;)
I made something that I want to give away for Christmas and he should sign it. He was a little confused by the object and turned it over several times in his hands. I told him he can sign it on the front or back. He turned it over and over, looked in and turned it back. Then I was confused and wondered what he thinks. Finally he affectionately signed it on the back with name for the person and a heart. I noticed, he signed in different ways.

At the second autograph, finally my own, I brought with me a self-made picture. First, the picture was always given to Paul and he passed it on. The helper where you paid for the autograph asked Paul if that was okay with the picture. Paul took it and looked at it for a long time, then said "Of course" and looked at it again. Then he said "WOW" and "Did you do that?" and I confirmed that and he said that's really good.
He pointed with his thumb up.
He finally handed it to Richard and he stared at it, then looked at me and was talking to Paul about it. "Fantastic" was what he sayed.
Then he pointed to Ernestt Pratt and said "I love that guy. He asked me where it was from. I told him it's my own, done by me. He looked at me again and then the picture again. Then he signed it and asked me if it was done with photo filter. I told him it's done with filters and effects. He signed it very lovingly and took his time.........
Then he took the picture and acted as if he wanted to steal it :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is so funny.
Then he advised me to let it dry well, the pen needed time to dry. I said "Okay" and he said "Honestly, let it dry a while,"
I was a bit proud of my self-made picture and that he liked it.
Annelies then came up with the idea to print the original again for me so I could give him a copy.
Thanks for that, Annelies :D

more will follow later ;)
Last edited by JackGywer on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
rjas441

Re: Dutch Comic Con on YouTube

Post by rjas441 »

rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Wow so fast, I see one or 2 clips of saturday, rest is Sunday..

I did forgot to say one little thing.....
Me and Judith had the honour to give RDA the beautiful folder with the messages but a big thanks to Vwho came up with it and informed Kate and asked about it and made everyone send messages..

Thank you V
Lots of love,

Lies

JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

THANK YOU V.

I mentioned it in my message extra that a friend had the idea!

AND THANK YOU ANNELIES & FIREFLY
for the emotional assistance :lol: :lol:

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.