Website Redesign

bftlovesRDA

Re: Website Redesign

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Jerseycoconut wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:28 pm Good Morning Kate,
Thanks for the note on the fires, news doesn't give much info. Keeping RDA & family, community in prayers.
Are you still working on the videos? The site automatically came on to the new version this am, but the videos cannot be "decoded". Is this still something being worked on? Only have desk top, site is thru 'Windows' Bing. Don't know too much about how this Dell works, it's up to date on speed etc. Is there anything I should do?

Jerseycoconut
Kate,

Thank you for all your work on the website redesign. It's looking fantastic!

I too am having a problem with the videos. Well, with just one video in the video gallery. I clicked on the video of "Continuum" the movie clip but all it does is spin around. It looks like it is trying to play the video but it is "hung up" and won't play.

I realize you are probably still working on all these videos so please don't take this as any kind of criticism at all. Just a question.

THANKS!
B
Beata

Post by Beata »

I was told that using Google chrome to view the video's on the website is the best way, so far it has worked for me.

love,
Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Google Chrome? I will try that. Thanks.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

THANKS - Google Chrome worked. I can see the video now.

Thanks again all.
B
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

Mobile version works perfectly for me on an iPhone 8!
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

Hmmmm I spoke too soon - Both on my Mac (safari and chrome) and iPhone I have trouble getting videos to play, they just spin and never start. Any suggestions for those in Apple land? Thanks!

Update: never mind I got it working - works best to open the video in a new tab - but I still didn't get it to play on my phone, will let you know if I do!
Caty

Post by Caty »

I haven't been here for some time and found it ... different!!

Kate, you did a wonderful job! It looks great!

Thank you for all the word you did!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

I suddenly have problems seeing the videos, but only on the smartphone. The description of the video is displayed directly in front of the video and it can not be removed. It will not open in a new tab. Anyone else the same problems?

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Jen85

Post by Jen85 »

JackGywer wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:29 pm I suddenly have problems seeing the videos, but only on the smartphone. The description of the video is displayed directly in front of the video and it can not be removed. It will not open in a new tab. Anyone else the same problems?
Me too, thought it was my browser but tried with the internet and Chrome but had the same issue. Other than that the redesign looks fab Kate, thank you.
Mac: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
Mac: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

JackGywer wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:29 pm I suddenly have problems seeing the videos, but only on the smartphone. The description of the video is displayed directly in front of the video and it can not be removed. It will not open in a new tab. Anyone else the same problems?
I had that problem originally, and that is why I went back and changed ALL the descriptions so that they were no more than two lines on a browser, and would still fit under the video on a phone. That corrected the problem on my phone, and everyone else who responded said that the problem had been corrected for them too.

I'm wondering if it could have something to do with the individual settings for font size on a phone. There's nothing I would be able to do about that other than to remove the description entirely and let people wonder what it is they are watching.

Kate