My RDA Experience

luccasso

Re: My RDA Experience

Post by luccasso »

I only had a dream of meeting him.I woke up in the middle of the night very much disappointed because the dream ended. The dream was so real. Too bad it was ONLY a dream! I guess I watched too much of Stargate lately.
After all it is not always one meets a someone like him living next door on vacation. :lol: Oh, How I wish this dream to become reality! It was only a dream!!! I want to cry!!! no!!!!
Beata

Post by Beata »

Anne wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:17 am Well, while I have first hand experience with Paul's slow progress in delivering autographs and while I take most of what he says with a grain of salt, I have to say that I've always received items I paid for without having to run after him. It does sometimes take long, especially if items like the Legend DVDs weren't pre-signed and had to be signed by John and RDA. Or the Paris book which was personalized etc.

I don't know why ppl have to wait for months and I am not saying it's ok if they have to, but as far as I know there has been a change in running Legends last year and if I remember it right Paul has handed part of the shop running over to one of his daughters. He's undergone severe medical issues last year which took a long time to recover from. I don't know if any of this plays into the delays or not and I think it would be helpful if Legend would communicate more with the fans or put regular updates on the website or reply to questions etc. What I really don't get is why ppl would think that Legends is connected to Kate just because the link is on her site? It's pretty clear imho that Legend is a multi-fandom website for auctions and merchandise and not connected to the RDA website even if it sells RDA autographs and has the connection to RDA in the way that RDA is working with Paul.
Maybe instead of removing the link, Kate could add a note to it telling ppl that she is in no way responsible or connected to Legends Canada.
Legends is very unique because they sell props from the shows and beautiful artwork/jewelery and are connected to Sea Shepherd. Despite my personal issues with Paul I hope the shop stays around because it's one last place where you can find real RDA autographs and lovely merchandise of a more valueablw kind than the stuff you can buy all over the net.
I too waited 3 or 4 weeks to get my merchandise from the Legends site, but Paul was with RDA he said, and offered me a refund, I wanted the merchandise so I said I would wait for it. I got my stuff a week later. I too believe it is much better to meet RDA in person at a convention to get an autograph and also more fun to chat with him for awhile. I like some of the other merchandise Legends has, but the site is incomplete as of today, perhaps Paul is very busy. That was my experience.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

Has RDA ever responded to any of the personal correspondence people have left for him? I've never written to acelebtrity; figuring it would never be read. RDA seems so down to earth; despite probably having a full schedule on his hands, but Imade my first celebrity contact attempt here.

I didn't know if anyone had ever gotten a response and what the average time frame length was.

Also, can I buy recent signed pics of RDA. Not the Stargazer ones. The ones of him in a suit in the past 1-2 years?
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

rjas441 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:39 am Has RDA ever responded to any of the personal correspondence people have left for him? I've never written to acelebtrity; figuring it would never be read. RDA seems so down to earth; despite probably having a full schedule on his hands, but Imade my first celebrity contact attempt here.

I didn't know if anyone had ever gotten a response and what the average time frame length was.

Also, can I buy recent signed pics of RDA. Not the Stargazer ones. The ones of him in a suit in the past 1-2 years?
Welcome rjas. Sorry I have been neglecting messages here, but I have been VERY busy updating the site.

To answer your question, RDA has on occasion asked me about responding directly to messages left on the fan page, and I have set up a system for him so that he can respond using the rdanderson address without revealing his own address, but I don't know if he has actually taken the step to use it for responses.

As for recent pictures - I'm not sure how many times in the past 1-2 years he has worn a suit. ;) There may be more current pictures available, from his conventions perhaps, but I think most of what you'll find will come from MacGyver or Stargate.

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Kate
Beata

Post by Beata »

[quoteTo answer your question, RDA has on occasion asked me about responding directly to messages left on the fan page, and I have set up a system for him so that he can respond using the rdanderson address without revealing his own address, but I don't know if he has actually taken the step to use it for responses.

][/quote] That would be a lot of fun Kate if RDA would take the time to do that every now and then, he must know how thrilled we would be to hear from him personally to anyone of us.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
rjas441

Post by rjas441 »

Thank you very much for the reply & answers. I'm new to all this. Not up to the standard on techno (don't even have pc/Internet or cable tv). I only have Internet on phone & steering thru mobile sites while typing on tiny screen is in itself very difficult. I had seen some more recent (last 5 years) of him in suits & thought a member might know how to get a signed one. I have the pics; just not signed ones. I believe RDA has only become more attractive with his silver hair. But that's me, lol. Thank you for creating this site. I haven't found any others. I only started watching Stargate SG-1 about 1.5 years ago when running across it on Comet tv. It's taken me a while to find your site & I hope to meet other like minded people here. Thanks again. Have a blessed evening.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, rjas441, and welcome!

You are doing very well to type your comments on that small screen.

So glad you have discovered Stargate SG1 !!!!! I found out about Stargate only about 5 years ago and joined this site 4 years ago.

I now own all the episodes of Stargate SG1 on video - purchased at Amazon.com. I enjoy them so much! Stargate SG1 is, I believe, THE BEST TV series of all time! It lasted 10 years even though the last two years had very rare appearances by RDA due to him stopping his participation in the series in order to be with his young daughter Wylie. If not for that decision, I believe Stargate SG1 could have gone on for years longer. But he made the right choice. She is a wonderful young woman, no doubt one reason is because of his influence in her life.

I don't post as much as I used to here. (Just stuff happening in my own life right now). But I hope you will post your comments as you are able. They will be very welcome.

Take care,
B