MacGyver Remastered

gbhxu

Re: MacGyver Remastered

Post by gbhxu »

There's one big thing that I'd like CBS/Paramount to do when they remaster the first episode of season 4, "The Secret Of The Parker House."

Please remaster this episode with the proper opening titles.

This was only ever used on this episode.

It has a clip of Mac with spray bottles taken from the episode "Hell Week". The clip with Mac coming down the fishing net from "Back from The Dead" is longer. And, there is clip where Mac peeps over a barrel from "Murderers' Sky", I think. There is also the moving caption "In stereo where available" .

This is it, but without the "In stereo where available" caption. (looks like it's taken from the German TV version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDfv-M2nM0c
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I've read that unless you have a certain type of tv you won't see the difference :

"However, to access high definition resolution the player needs to be connected to a TV (such as an LCD, Plasma, or OLED) with at least 720p or 1080p display resolution using an HDMI (or DVI via an HDMI/DVI Adapter) connection, or possibly, Component Video connections (the component video option has been discontinued) ".
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

tvhero80, I think it wouldn't work on an old tv, like the cathodic kind, but every flat screen will definitely have a difference with the old standard vhs quality. If you can watch the cbs video showing the difference of quality and you see the difference even on your computer screen, you will see it on your flat screen ;)
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

I'm soooo excited for this. Here's a second video in case you haven't seen it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98QuX27PVak
Beata

Post by Beata »

Harry's will, I have the entire collection on DVD, but for whatever reason Harry's will won't play ???

I saw it on youtube.com or Amazon for a couple bucks, enjoyed Abe Vigoda and Marion Ross.
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Anne

Post by Anne »

you can pre-order season 1 on Blueray now. I'm posting this to give a heads up to the German fans. It's up to pre-order on amazon de as well, but it says in the listing 'starring Lucas Till' - while it is pretty obvious that this is the RDA MacGyver. I let amazon know about this weeks ago, and they confirmed it, but didn't change their info on it yet. So if you go and look for Mac in Bluray, you'll get Lucas Till, but it's Rick 😀
Crudup

Post by Crudup »

Is only the season 1 available on Blu-ray? If so, are they planning on releasing the rest of it on Blu-ray as well?
I think Viasil is the best option.
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

Right now only Season 1 has been released - but it is SO worth it! Some awesome person made these sites with screen comparisons, but it's even better when watching the blu ray. Only problem is you get used to it so fast and then going to episodes in the other seasons is pretty harsh lol. I can't wait for the other seasons!

http://screenshotcomparison.com/compari ... /picture:4
http://screenshotcomparison.com/compari ... /picture:9
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I got my MacGyver blu ray set today!

And I can say, the difference between the "old" DVD, which was only the 80s vhs quality and the new digitally remastered version is impressive. Even my husband and no MacGyver fan like me - just walking by the tv said "Wow, what a good quality". :lol:

What a difference! The picture is so much clearer, the colours better, I love it. I hope the other seasons will be released on blu ray soon.

A little disappointment: As in the DVD sets there are no extras, no deleted scenes, audio commentaries, no nothing. Just the series. A little extras would have been nice.

What would make my day perfect, if Stargate SG1 would be released in HD qualitiy on blu ray, too. That would be amazing.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

NiLa wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:48 pm I got my MacGyver blu ray set today!

And I can say, the difference between the "old" DVD, which was only the 80s vhs quality and the new digitally remastered version is impressive. Even my husband and no MacGyver fan like me - just walking by the tv said "Wow, what a good quality". :lol:

What a difference! The picture is so much clearer, the colours better, I love it. I hope the other seasons will be released on blu ray soon.

A little disappointment: As in the DVD sets there are no extras, no deleted scenes, audio commentaries, no nothing. Just the series. A little extras would have been nice.

What would make my day perfect, if Stargate SG1 would be released in HD qualitiy on blu ray, too. That would be amazing.

Anja ;)
yay! Someone else with it too! I can't wait for more seasons - they better release them! The quality is spectacular, I'm so glad they did this.

I agree SG1 would also be nice, but at least that quality is not as bad as MacGyver. Update: watching a Season 4 SG-1 episode now on Hulu, and I can see all the pores and individual hairs on Teal'c's face... I'm not sure how much better a remaster would actually be?