Oops... Spotting the little flaws in Stargate SG-1

Anne

Re: Oops... Spotting the little flaws in Stargate SG-1

Post by Anne »

As far as I remember they only removed part of the symbiote, the Goa'uld deceived them by letting them take out a part of it he didn't need to survive and the main part of it stayed in Kawalsky's head
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Anne wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:00 pm As far as I remember they only removed part of the symbiote, the Goa'uld deceived them by letting them take out a part of it he didn't need to survive and the main part of it stayed in Kawalsky's head
That's what I remember too, Anne. Thanks for the explanation.
B
AnttiS

Post by AnttiS »

Anne wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:00 pm As far as I remember they only removed part of the symbiote, the Goa'uld deceived them by letting them take out a part of it he didn't need to survive and the main part of it stayed in Kawalsky's head
Thanks for the clarification Anne! I must watch this episode again soon :-)

-Antti
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Here's one for the cut over O'Neill's eyebrow! ;)

In season one, the episode "There but for the grace of God", in the alternate dimension, General O'Neill has a cut over his left eyebrow that changes continuity from scene to scene. Perhaps it gets better than worse, and better . . . ;) :P
Jerseycoconut
Beata

Post by Beata »

I think I found a little oops in episode where Jack and Sam's father are talking in the underground caves of the Tokra and Jack turns the wrong way and in an attempt to catch up with Selmak he quickly turns around and runs to catch up to him. LOL. It looks like an oops but knowing Jack's sense of humor he might have planned it to turn out that way. Who knows, but I got a chuckle out of the scene.
Anyone else catch this one?

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
AnttiS

Post by AnttiS »

Beata wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:35 pm I think I found a little oops in episode where Jack and Sam's father are talking in the underground caves of the Tokra and Jack turns the wrong way and in an attempt to catch up with Selmak he quickly turns around and runs to catch up to him. LOL. It looks like an oops but knowing Jack's sense of humor he might have planned it to turn out that way. Who knows, but I got a chuckle out of the scene.
Anyone else catch this one?
Hi Beata,

I believe this is one of those O'Neillisms (with two L's!) that Rick wanted to add to the character. He did the same when in SCG at least in one episode. It's the humor and timing with the characters that keeps me watching Stargate after all these years!

-Antti
Beata

Post by Beata »

Hi Beata,

I believe this is one of those O'Neillisms (with two L's!) that Rick wanted to add to the character. He did the same when in SCG at least in one episode. It's the humor and timing with the characters that keeps me watching Stargate after all these years!
I think your right, I too, love re-watching SG-1, it never grows old and Jack keeps me laughing. Teal'c is funny in his mannerisms, just love Murray.

Beata
"another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities, I am a sucker for mornings" MacGyver
Irish85

Post by Irish85 »

Episode 1, Maj. Kawalsky's rank is incorrect, he has Captains bars, just Like Sam.
GWhite

Post by GWhite »

This one catches my eye every time:

In Season 9, The Shroud, when Jack is talking to Daniel, he only has one star on his BDUs, but he has two stars (which he should as a Major General) in the next scenes.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

GWhite wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:12 pm This one catches my eye every time:

In Season 9, The Shroud, when Jack is talking to Daniel, he only has one star on his BDUs, but he has two stars (which he should as a Major General) in the next scenes.
There's a story behind that one. The costumer at the time had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. She had had to leave the show, and an assistant had stepped up to work on that episode. The BDUs had the one star, and they shot the scenes, and then when they did the next scene, she caught the mistake and was horrified. She wanted desperately to fix it, but it was too late to go back and re-shoot it, and so they just had to go ahead with what they had shot. And everyone on set joked that for sure the fans would catch it, so it was a "gift" to the die hard fans. ;)

Kate