MacGyver/Discuss episode of the week

lesliekretchmar

Re: MacGyver/Discuss episode of the week

Post by lesliekretchmar »

I, too, agree with all the comments thus far and found them hilarious! :lol: I loved the way Victoria said "Kiss me", Mac said "What" and Victoria repeated "Kiss me" and he DID :!: :P :!: I also appreciated the way she caught on to the "kitchen chemistry" and knocked out Ingrid :!: And, I loved Mac as a "hood ornament" :!: :P Another great episode :!:
Last edited by lesliekretchmar on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Some photos of "The Enemy Within" from Kate's Lexicon:

B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Is it time to discuss another episode of MacGyver?

"Every Time She Smiles" is next.

Teri Hatcher makes her first appearance on MacGyver as the talkative "airhead" (my description) Penny Parker who is always getting Mac into trouble.

I'll let others give the gist of the plot....but I love the part where Mac and Penny end up on the luggage conveyor belt and I think Mac says to the surprised onlookers..."economy class".

Mac's right hand is in a cast. Kate explains in the Lexicon that "Richard Dean Anderson broke his right hand while shooting an action sequence during the previous episode. During this episode, the cast on his right arm is explained as the result of an accident in which MacGyver broke his hand while on a skiing vacation in the Swiss Alps."

Here are some screenshots from Kate's Lexicon for this episode = a good one in my opinion.

B
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

True, it is a good episode.
I'm not a huge fan of the story but I am definitely a fan of Penny Parker!
And since this episode is the one which introduces her, I like it a lot.
I loved Penny from the first time I watched the show and I was really happy when I saw her in an other episode, and then she became a recurrent character.

RDA's real life injury is well included in the episode, and even very useful.. I love when he knocks out the general with his cast :lol:
The car chase scene is great too, very hollywodian, like Penny says "it's like in the movies". The truck stunt is very impressive!

Great episode!
lesliekretchmar

I loved this episode. I found it full of twists and turns. Basically, Mac has been given a tiny piece of microfilm to get out of the country that will expose the security division at the highest level in Sofia Bulgaria of skimming and hiding the money in Swiss bank accounts. Some of the stolen property from the state is part of the Crown Jewels of the German House of Hanover. If the theft is discovered and by whom it could mean their imprisonment or death. Hence, General Petrovich of security and his nephew Stepan Frolov(of security but not part of the theft) are determined to use all resources available to stop Anton Borak, of the underground, from passing the microfilm to MacGyver. This is unknowingly expedited by Penny Parker in the airport, meeting MacGyver (on his way out of the country) and planting the jewels given to her by her lover, Stepan Frolov, who wanted them back because she was leaving him and the country and had followed her to the airport with the police. She and MacGyver are accused of being spies and held in detention at the airport, surrendering their passports, and being placed in handcuffs, together. Mac devises a masterful escape, he and Penny get out of the cuffs and are well on their way to retrieving their passports and the microfilm (which has been under a stamp on a postcard and had been in Mac's possession before their arrest). That isn't the end of it. Mac and Penny have to escape Frolov and Petrovich. Frolov defects to claim the money that his uncle put into a Swiss account in his name which he previously had no knowledge of. The three of them (Mac, Penny and Frolov) escape across the Greek border (Mac with the postcard at long last), and because the border policeman knows Penny, they are not arrested even though they don't have their passports. The end :!:
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Do we move on to the next episode To Be A Man?
I'll go watch it first ;)
lesliekretchmar

Juliette wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm Do we move on to the next episode To Be A Man?
I'll go watch it first ;)
I'll jump in later after others start the discussion, tho I have seen it again and again, recently :lol: :!:
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Oh I completely forgot to come back for my comment on To Be A Man.. :roll:

I actually don't have much to say on it...
It's an okay episode to me, Mac is hurt and doesn't move much for a big part of the episode.
What I like is the influence Mac has on the boy, he's definitely helping him to be the man of the house

Anybody want to comment on the episode better than I just did? ;)
lesliekretchmar

Well, I will comment on it: The ejection from the fighter jet "at the last second" was a good start! The glider off the mountain was great, tho' the bullet in the shoulder wasn't! The windup and aim of the rock to knock the threatening rider off his horse was fantastic! I was happy and impressed that Mac could help Ahmed and his mother as much as he did: causing Khalil to shoot himself to his death, fixing the water pump in the house, giving Ahmed a sense of his own "manhood", showing compassion to the Russian soldier, bringing part of the rocky mountain down on the Russian soldiers and getting himself, Ahmed's mother and Ahmed across the Afghani/Pakistani border! I also noticed a "good chemistry" between Ahmed's mother and MacGyver, which was fun to see! I liked this episode a lot!
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Do we move on to the next episode ? Ugly Duckling

So to me Ugly Duckling is a great episode.
I have watched it a few days ago, but so much happened since then that it's not so clear in my head anymore :lol:
If anyone wants to do a comment or a summary of the episode, and I'll come back to add my own comments to it :)

One quick comment is that I really like the character of Kate, she is a nice young girl, she's very smart and it's no wonder why she and Mac get along very well and understand each other :)
I don't think we hear about her in the later episodes, it would have loved to know how she turned out (probably a great engineer)