Stargate SG-1/Discuss episode of the week

Juliette

Re: Stargate SG-1/Discuss episode of the week

Post by Juliette »

I watched Fire and Water again last night.

It's a great episode.
It stands on its own and doesn't impact the show, but it's entertaining, and we see the team members in an other way, they are all emotionally affected.
Jack, Sam and Teal'c deal with the loss of Daniel and the fact of having been mentally manipulated (it's the first time it happens, and it won't be the last! :roll: )
And Daniel is scared that he's going to get killed, torn betwen wanting to help he creature but without knowing how, with this creature that doesn't give him clear demands. He starts to get angry but quickly manages to reason the beast and work together to find the truth.

The make up department did a wonderful job with Nem, the mask was very well done and realistic!

This episode also has funny moments
Jack in slippers, it made me laugh, I don't know why :D

Teal'c face when he realized his mind is tricking him! :lol:

Hockey!
"Can you get this damn car out of here?!"
Hammond: "You know that's my car?"
Jack: "You should get that window fixed..." :lol:

As Jerseycoconut said, the very funny line
Daniel: "Uh, this is a long story"
Jack: "Tell us about it over sushi"

followed by
Daniel: "Memorial service??"
Sam: "The Colonel said some nice things"
Daniel: "He... he did? He did?!?" :lol:

By the way, how many funerals did Daniel get over the years?? :lol:

So a great episode, not essential to the show but entertaining and showing other facets of our favorite explorers :D
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Juliette,

Thanks for putting in the images! They're Great! :D

Jerseycoconut :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Great comments and screencaps = Jersey Coconut and Juliette. Thank you.

I liked Fire and Water although it was a bit different = in that it was Daniel-centric. Overall, to me, it was dramatic and good.
B
Gatelady

Post by Gatelady »

I remember Jack getting annoyed because Sam, I think it was was looking at Daniel's journals, felt that his privacy was being invaded.
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I like the Episode Fire and Water.

When I watched the episode for the first time I was like WHAT? :shock: when Jack, Sam and Teal'c tell General Hammond that Daniel has been killed.

Then I thought, that something must be behind that, and after the Military funeral ceremony we get to know, that Daniel is still alive and held captive by an alien called Nem.

What I didn't understand at that military funeral ceremony: It looked all very realistic to me and as I know the producers of the show always tried to be as realistic as possible in military things I wondered why the US flag was given to Teal'c. Isn't the flag handed over to the family of the soldier? Did they do it that way because Daniel had no family? Why did they do a ceremony like that at all as Daniel is a civilian?
Maybe someone can explain that to me....

True to his sarcastic character Jack isn't willing to let hypnose help them to get to the ground of their mixed feelings about Daniel's death. Clearly they all feel that something is wrong but can't put a finger on it. Sam is willing to give hypnose a try and it helps her to find the truth, that Daniel isn't dead but still on the planet.

Meanwhile Daniel finds a way to communicate with Nem and can tell him aboute his mate's fate 5000 years ago.

When Sam, Teal'c and Jack return to the planet and confront Nem Daniel escapes his underwater prison and tells them not to shoot Nem.

They part peacefully. Unfortunately they never meet Nem or his species again, as they are enemies of the Goa'uld, too, they maybe could have formed an alliance.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Gatelady wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:50 pm I remember Jack getting annoyed because Sam, I think it was was looking at Daniel's journals, felt that his privacy was being invaded.
That's right = as they were trying to clear out Daniel's apartment that happened.
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Anja, for your comments on Fire and Water.

I don't know the answer to your questions,
What I didn't understand at that military funeral ceremony: It looked all very realistic to me and as I know the producers of the show always tried to be as realistic as possible in military things I wondered why the US flag was given to Teal'c. Isn't the flag handed over to the family of the soldier? Did they do it that way because Daniel had no family? Why did they do a ceremony like that at all as Daniel is a civilian?
Maybe someone can explain that to me....
Maybe someone else will come along and tell us.
B
Jerseycoconut

Post by Jerseycoconut »

Happy Independence Day to All!!

(Going to go on to this week's episode, hope no one minds I thought it was funny and enjoyed it :lol: )

Hathor

A 2,000 year old Egyptian sarcophagus is found in an ancient Mexican temple. It contains the ancient mythological sex goddess Hathor. She is still alive. The sarcophagus is transported to the SGC and Hathor makes her way there, 'being drawn to it'.
Yes, I'm going to go there! ;)
We've all met that one libidinous female, there's one in every group. :)
They are able to get every man, or that certain man, to do what ever she wants. :? Don't know how, if it's a look, a turn of the little finger, a spell or pheromones, but all undivided attention is now her's.
This is Hathor.
All men at the SGC have been seduced and are now under her control. The base is now her's.
All the women and Teal'c (because of his symbiote) are unaffected and have to find a way to neutralize Hathor and take back the base.
Hathor procures Daniel's DNA for a mix & match of future baby larvae. :shock:
A horrible site as the seduced Col. O'Neill has his abdomen cut open to make ready for implantation of a goa'uld, and he is put into a hot tub filled with the larvae. :o
Sam, Teal'c, Dr. Fraiser, and the other women plan a military operation and retake the SGC.
Dr. Fraiser actually reaches into Jack's created slit to search for any larvae that may have penetrated his belly. :shock:
The sarcophagus is used to return Jack back to normal.
Unable to obtain what she wanted (power & control), Hathor destroys the sarcophagus and leaves through the Stargate.
The women of SGC who remain true to the cause, get an accommodation from Gen. Hammond for keeping their wits about them. :D :lol: :D

There are many funny facial expressions and enjoyable one liners in this episode that will always make it entertaining to watch.

Yes, Let's keep our wits about us! :lol: :D :lol:

Jerseycoconut
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I LOVE the episode Hathor.

Hathor has all the men on the base under her control and the women have to save the day!

One of my favourite scenes is the outbeak of the women, when they call in the soldiers into the holding cell with "There are 5 women in here....very alone!" Women behind bars movie! I have to laugh at that every time I watch it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel sorry for Daniel and Jack. Jack is transformed into a Jaffa by Hathor and can only by moments be saved from being infested by a Goa'uld larva and Daniel is raped by Hathor.
Jack is the only man who realizes that something is off, because he confronts Hathor in her room but she overpowers him again with her "magical" breath thing. Then she creates the symbiote pouch into his belly and after that he is complete helpless until Sam, Teal'c and Janet put him into the sarcophagus.
Interesting is, that the men don't have any memory on what has happened because in the moment Hathor leaves the base through the stargate they kind of wake up.

The soldiers of the base are (gladly) very bad shooters. Only some meters away they miss and hit Teal'c and Janet only on arms and leg, so they aren't wounded too badly.

In the end Hathor escapes and Sam and Janet are put in for an accommondation medal by Gen. Hammond.

YES! Way to go girls :!: :!:

One little flaw I have detected with Jack's cloths throughout the locker room and following sarcophagus scene. I wrote it seperately in the Oops topic some weeks ago.

Oh...and I won't complain about Jack without t-shirt and open Shirt. :oops: :oops:

All in all one of my favourite episodes in the first season.

Does anybody know this: I have a season guide book and it is said in it that the fans loved the Hathor episodes and RDA didn't like the episodes with Hathor at all. It isn't said why. Does anybody know the reason :?:

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

I loved the Hathor episode also!

(Thanks for your comments on this episode, Anja and jerseycoconut).

I don't know the answer to your question, Anja. I hope Kate might know it.

Here are a few screenshots from Hathor:

B