MacGyver Remastered

Juliette

MacGyver Remastered

Post by Juliette »

Hey guys !
CBS announced some great news!
They are remastering the MacGyver series in HD :D
They say they have already done seasons 1 to 3 and even shared a little video showing the difference of quality!

Here's the CBS article
https://www.home.cbssi.com/news-press-d ... emastered/

And the Youtube link to the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79nSylepgNM

I really hope they will release it on DVDs and Blue-Rays, and maybe we'll get some bonuses, like deleted scenes (the whole version of the pilot! OMG that would be awesome :)), behind the scenes, and maybe even gag reels! :D
bftlovesRDA

Re: MacGyver Remastered

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Wow. This is GREAT news = thanks, Juliette, for bringing it to our attention.

I watched the video and the difference between Standard definition and HD is remarkable.

Guess I will need to re-invest in all the MacGyver episodes = this time in HD.

I have a question - this little statement was in the article you linked us to:

"The new MACGYVER was recently nominated for a Monte-Carlo TV Festival International TV Audience Award which rewards scripted programs that deliver the highest ratings worldwide."

Does "New MacGyver" mean this HD MacGyver = the original series now in HD = or does it mean the "new" MacGyver as in the one that we all hate since it is NOT with RDA in it.

If it means the latter, well, it would make me sick. The only MacGyver that deserves any kind of award is the one and only original!
B
Kti

Post by Kti »

I'm sorry, B. The remake is nominated :x.
http://www.tvfestival.com/index.php?Mov ... r&p=518&id

Speedy recovery ;).
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

You're very welcome ;)

I was hoping this day would come, and that's why I didn't have a DVD set before.
But when we started doing the weekly episode discuss, I decided to buy one anyway.
And a few weeks later we learn that remastering is happening.. :roll:

Oh well it's not coming for at least a year so I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the set I have, and I'll buy the HD version when it's available, and watch the episodes again, just to see the difference.. :P :lol:

The difference of quality is just amazing, the standard version is so blurry, it was about time they did something about it.
Can't wait to see the results!
Maybe this way new and younger people will watch the show and become fans! :)

Yep it's the reboot... I don't understand the success it gets... :evil:
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Juliette wrote: I was hoping this day would come, and that's why I didn't have a DVD set before.
But when we started doing the weekly episode discuss, I decided to buy one anyway.
Ha! That's just what I was thinking! As I struggle through the low-res video trying to capture clear images for the Lexicon from the DVDs I have.

Back when the DVDs were finally released, they did them a season at a time. And I bought each set immediately, of course, but then we discovered that several of the first season episodes were edited - scenes were missing as if they had used the syndicated version to make the DVDs. People complained, they re-did the first season set, so I had to buy season one a second time.

Then, after all the seasons were released, they released the movies, but ONLY as part of the whole seven-season set, so you would need to buy all seven seasons over again in order to get the movies. Fortunately, I didn't jump at that one right away, and eventually they released the movies separately.

So then my set was complete. And now they announce the HD version. I can't tell if that means they will be released on DVD or just on streaming, but they do seem to enjoy re-issuing the DVD sets so that people have to keep buying the same thing over again.

And of course, if they are released for purchase, I will have to buy them. But I hope they hurry up. I'm cringing at the thought of having to re-do all these video captures over again!

Still, good news - thanks, Juliette. I'll try to get that added to the Updates.

Kate
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

That are indeed great news.

I am definitely in when the HD MacGyver DVDs are released.
Wow!
The difference is remarkable!

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

KateR wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:54 pm
Juliette wrote: I was hoping this day would come, and that's why I didn't have a DVD set before.
Ha! That's just what I was thinking! As I struggle through the low-res video trying to capture clear images for the Lexicon from the DVDs I have.

Back when the DVDs were finally released, they did them a season at a time. And I bought each set immediately, of course, but then we discovered that several of the first season episodes were edited - scenes were missing as if they had used the syndicated version to make the DVDs. People complained, they re-did the first season set, so I had to buy season one a second time.

Then, after all the seasons were released, they released the movies, but ONLY as part of the whole seven-season set, so you would need to buy all seven seasons over again in order to get the movies. Fortunately, I didn't jump at that one right away, and eventually they released the movies separately.

So then my set was complete. And now they announce the HD version. I can't tell if that means they will be released on DVD or just on streaming, but they do seem to enjoy re-issuing the DVD sets so that people have to keep buying the same thing over again.

And of course, if they are released for purchase, I will have to buy them. But I hope they hurry up. I'm cringing at the thought of having to re-do all these video captures over again!

Still, good news - thanks, Juliette. I'll try to get that added to the Updates.

Kate
That's weird. I have the boxes and movies seperately. Then again, in Europe things might have gone different than in the United States.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
MacGyver85

Post by MacGyver85 »

Did anyone else think it was funny that a lot of the clips were of Mac and the girlfriend who turned out to be a paid killer? LOL
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

I'm thrilled about this coming release of HD MacGyver, as well! I have the complete series with the movies in standard, but I will have to use my son's HD dvd player when the HD series is available for sale :P I agree with all of the comments above! I was dismayed to see Deborah, but I focus in on RDA, anyway! I won't watch the new MacGyver at all, no matter the ratings. I'm sure they're high because of the original and people's curiosity and expectations.
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
Jen85

Post by Jen85 »

Hi all, this is amazing news! I've been rewatching the series again but to see it in HD would be the icing on the cake for me. Just hope it's released in the UK :D
Mac: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
Mac: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!