Oops... Spotting the little flaws in Stargate SG-1

Juliette

Oops... Spotting the little flaws in Stargate SG-1

Post by Juliette »

Hello everyone

After discussing how many of us like to find the little flaws and mistakes that can be found in tv shows and movies, we decided to make this thread in order to collect them.

The goal is simple: If while watching a Stargate episode you spot any flaw, continuity error, visible special effect device, editing mistake, or any kind of inconsistency you find interesting, post it here with the name/number of the episode.

Stargate SG-1 was a very well managed show so I don't think there are that many flaws to find, but why not try to collect them here

Kate has already a lot to do and this way we can all contribute to the Stargate SG-1 Lexicon, and help create a 'Oops' section ;)

I hope you'll be in, and it gives us a pretty good excuse to watch the show again :D

Let's go! :)
bftlovesRDA

Re: Oops... Spotting the little flaws in Stargate SG-1

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hi, Juliette,

A good idea for a thread but, as you say, there may not be very many "oops" moments in Stargate - but we can all be looking for them just in case.

I am in awe of all that it took to put together the Stargate episodes in a way that did make so few "errors" and in a way that came out with the great finished product that we see in all these episodes. Same for the MacGyver episodes. The person or people who had the responsibility to see that the right uniforms, etc. were in use at the right times had to have had nerves of steel. I could not ever have even thought about a career doing that.....way too much pressure to "get it right" when the filming of the episodes was so scattered and broken into parts of this episode and that episode.

Anyway - the Stargate crew did a great job so it will be hard to find the OOPS events, but we can give it a try.
B
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Hi B!

Yes they really did a wonderful job, I completely agree with you the crew was amazing!

I know there won't be many, I just figured since we did it for MacGyver I thought we should have somewhere to write the rare ones we could find in SG-1 ^^

The only one that comes to my mind is in 6x06 Abyss:
when Jack wakes up for the 1st time in Ba'al's sarcophagus we see him, the camera turns to Ba'al and when it comes back on Jack, he has a cut in his top that is supposed to happen later when Ba'al throws the knife at him

But I agree this thread won't be the most active :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

OH, yes, I had forgotten about that "oops". I had definitely noticed that one in Abyss but had forgotten it. Maybe there are others. We'll see.
B
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I remember an "Oops" right away.

In the episode "Hathor", when Sam, Janet and Teal'c get Jack out of that bathtub full of goaul'd larvae his clothes are wet.

In the next scene Teal'c carries the unconscious Jack to the gate room and puts him into the sarcophagus.....and his clothes are completely dry.

I doubt, that they changed him to make him comfortable......clearly the scene wasn't shot in the order we see it later in the episode....and RDA changed into a dry uniform for that scene. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's wait and see what we find during watching our episodes of the week....

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

I found a little 'oops' while watching Cold Lazarus

When double/crystal Jack is going to Jack's locker, we can see there is Ferretti's locker on the left
But the next shot is wider and we clearly see the whole row of lockers.
O'Neill's locker is open, and here, it is the one on the far left, so it has no locker to its left!
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Juliette wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:06 pm I found a little 'oops' while watching Cold Lazarus

When double/crystal Jack is going to Jack's locker, we can see there is Ferretti's locker on the left
But the next shot is wider and we clearly see the whole row of lockers.
O'Neill's locker is open, and here, it is the one on the far left, so it has no locker to its left!
Juliette, you are right. :lol:

I never realized that.

Anja ;)
MacGyver
Anja ;)
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I found some oopses in The Nox.

While shooting the crew must have had horrible weather.

So in one scene (when SG1 is planning the attack on Aphophis) it is heavy raining. They are soaked through, on Teal'c's head the water keeps running down.
Then in the attack all uniforms are miraculously dry (and the sun is shining through the leaves of the forest).

In the Nox village in the first scene the earth is dry, later one it is a muddy mess. Also Daniel and Sam have sometimes wet hair, one scene later it is dry again.

Funny little continuity problem, but I don't think they could have done anything about it...... :lol:

Anja ;)
MacGyver
Anja ;)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

NiLa wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:35 pm I found some oopses in The Nox.

While shooting the crew must have had horrible weather.
There have been many stories told in articles and conventions about just how bad the weather was when they were filming that episode.

I loved how misty the planet was - I half expected a unicorn to appear out of nowhere. And I had thought that perhaps they had added some of the effects, like the fog and the distant thunder sounds to give that magical impression. But in fact, that thunder was real, and the rain was persistent, and it was muddy and cold, and often they weren't sure if they were even going to get the necessary shots completed before they were all struck by lightning!

So given the circumstances, the continuity issues were probably less of an "oops" and more of a "thank goodness we got the shot at all!" ;)

Ah, the glamour of Hollywood... :lol:

Kate
AnttiS

Post by AnttiS »

Hey All,

One thing that popped in my fron is from an early episode when Kawalsky gets taken over by a goa'uld. They remove the symbiote, but even then he is later still controlled by it. On other episodes, and the movies, the host is OK after the symbiote is removed. Am I missing something?

-AnttiS