Stargate SG-1/Discuss episode of the week

Kti

Re: Stargate SG-1/Discuss episode of the week

Post by Kti »

Not necessarily one of my favorites, but well done.

After Carters 'attack' I was wondering about O'Neills shirt. When he talks to Fraiser the shirt was intact. In the next scene with Daniel there was a big snag over the left shoulder.
Did I miss something?
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Kti wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:12 am Not necessarily one of my favorites, but well done.

After Carters 'attack' I was wondering about O'Neills shirt. When he talks to Fraiser the shirt was intact. In the next scene with Daniel there was a big snag over the left shoulder.
Did I miss something?
I saw that too......you're right......no you didn't miss anything, I think this was an "oops". :roll: :roll: :roll:

Good catch!

Thanks for your comments. :D :D :D :D
B
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Just watched The Broca Divide
It's a great episode
With Daniel's insistence, it's the episode where they state that they will study the cultural aspects of the civilizations they encounter, which is one of the things I love about the show, it's so interesting!

What have they done to our man's pretty face in this episode! :shock: But his perfect acting makes it up :D
I have to admit the make up department did a really good job with the primitive people
Kti wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:12 am After Carters 'attack' I was wondering about O'Neills shirt. When he talks to Fraiser the shirt was intact. In the next scene with Daniel there was a big snag over the left shoulder.
I see what you mean, but I think it depends how you see it:
If Carter ripped his shirt, then it is indeed an 'oops'.
But the way I see it, when O'Neill is talking to Dr Fraiser he is still himself, has no scratch, and when he talks with Daniel he is starting to become a primitive man. When the camera lands on him at the beginning of that scene, it looks like he is scratching himself or something. Maybe the disease has already gotten into him and he did that to himself (he has scratches in his neck and his shirt is ripped).
He even starts to scratch himself at the end of the scene with Janet in the corridor, that's what made me think about this possibility
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Juliette wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:28 am Just watched The Broca Divide
It's a great episode
With Daniel's insistence, it's the episode where they state that they will study the cultural aspects of the civilizations they encounter, which is one of the things I love about the show, it's so interesting!

What have they done to our man's pretty face in this episode! :shock: But his perfect acting makes it up :D
I have to admit the make up department did a really good job with the primitive people
Kti wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:12 am After Carters 'attack' I was wondering about O'Neills shirt. When he talks to Fraiser the shirt was intact. In the next scene with Daniel there was a big snag over the left shoulder.
I see what you mean, but I think it depends how you see it:
If Carter ripped his shirt, then it is indeed an 'oops'.
But the way I see it, when O'Neill is talking to Dr Fraiser he is still himself, has no scratch, and when he talks with Daniel he is starting to become a primitive man. When the camera lands on him at the beginning of that scene, it looks like he is scratching himself or something. Maybe the disease has already gotten into him and he did that to himself (he has scratches in his neck and his shirt is ripped).
He even starts to scratch himself at the end of the scene with Janet in the corridor, that's what made me think about this possibility
Great comments, Juliette. Agree that the makeup department people did a great job both on Jack's face but also on the faces of all the "touched" people. I didn't particularly like seeing handsome Jack in his "diseased face look".......but as you say his acting made it all worthwhile. (I felt the same in the makeup for Jack in Brief Candle....but we'll be discussing that episode a little bit later on).

Did anyone else notice what I wrote about the cut over the left eye of Col. O'Neill? Wondered about that cut and the fact that it was bandaged significantly right immediately after that attack by the touched people in the dark forest. They didn't show it being bandaged or having the time for it to be bandaged yet it did have the special kind of bandages on it immediately after that attack.

Anyway, just a little note.

Thanks, Juliette, and others for your comments on Broca Divide. Now I need to go watch it again......
B
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Did anyone else notice what I wrote about the cut over the left eye of Col. O'Neill? Wondered about that cut and the fact that it was bandaged significantly right immediately after that attack by the touched people in the dark forest. They didn't show it being bandaged or having the time for it to be bandaged yet it did have the special kind of bandages on it immediately after that attack.

Anyway, just a little note.

Yes, B., I saw what you wrote about the cut.
I think they took the time to patch O'Neill up after the first attack and before exploring further.
As soldiers they must have a field training for first aid I think they would have sorted themselves out before moving on, because all of them were a bit "disheveled" after the attack. Unlikely they would move on without doing that.
So, for me it is not a flaw, it was something just not shown because not important for the plot.
I don't think it was a real cut RDA got there, just make up.

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Yes B I saw your comment about that, but since the bandaged cut didn't strike me at first, I payed attention to it when I watched it again a few days ago.
Knowing RDA, it would not surprise me that this could be a real cut, but I don't think it is the case here.

I agree with what NiLa said, and I think they used the opening credits as an ellipse in the story, not everything is shown (when the credits end, they have already moved from the stargate location) :)
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I agree that in this case it was probably not a real injury they were trying to hide. While they did have to occasionally write around RDA's real injuries (like knee surgery in season six), the saga of the eyebrow didn't seem to be based on one of them.

As NiLa said, they would have been able to administer first aid in the field, so the bandage in this episode can be easily explained. (Surely if they were trying to hide a real injury, they would have used a better makeup job!) I think it was in about the third season that RDA commented that Jack always seemed to get punched in the left eye, and that "surely that would have left a mark" after so many times. So he had the makeup lady cut out the little notch in his left eyebrow to add a bit of realism. He had no idea how many more years the show would run and how long he'd have to go about his daily life with a gash in his eyebrow, all for artistic integrity. ;)

Kate
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

KateR wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:16 pm I agree that in this case it was probably not a real injury they were trying to hide. While they did have to occasionally write around RDA's real injuries (like knee surgery in season six), the saga of the eyebrow didn't seem to be based on one of them.

As NiLa said, they would have been able to administer first aid in the field, so the bandage in this episode can be easily explained. (Surely if they were trying to hide a real injury, they would have used a better makeup job!) I think it was in about the third season that RDA commented that Jack always seemed to get punched in the left eye, and that "surely that would have left a mark" after so many times. So he had the makeup lady cut out the little notch in his left eyebrow to add a bit of realism. He had no idea how many more years the show would run and how long he'd have to go about his daily life with a gash in his eyebrow, all for artistic integrity. ;)

Kate
Thanks, Kate, Anja, and Juliette for your comments on the cut over/beside Jack's left eye. :D :D :D

I see now that they probably did have the "artistic" time to put the bandage on his cut - that's probably a logical explanation.

I had not heard of RDA's comments about Jack always getting punched in left eye and it had to leave a mark after so many times, so he had the makeup lady fix his eyebrow to reflect that fact.....as you say, Kate, for artistic integrity. Neat.
B
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

It's seems he wanted to be "reality"..
These little injuries make the really life of Jack...
And I thing he wanted to keep these injuries during other episodes after. It's the regular time to heal the wound...
I read it on articles in this website...
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

frenchwriter wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:04 pm It's seems he wanted to be "reality"..
These little injuries make the really life of Jack...
And I thing he wanted to keep these injuries during other episodes after. It's the regular time to heal the wound...
I read it on articles in this website...
Good points, Dominique. Thank you for your comments. I agree with you.
B