FEDCON

darling

Re: FEDCON

Post by darling »

There won't be many vids of the panels because it is forbidden to film during the panels. ;)

@tvero80
You had a good time I believe. I remember the crowds for photos and autographs for Rick. They took over several floors. :lol: He's in great demand.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

tvero wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just got back from the Fedcon (missed the last day I work tomorrow :( ).Great but overcrowded and poor RDA had to do so many things in a day (photos ,autographs ...).He was very,very popular and there was a lot of waiting.
I couldn't get the hug because I didn't have the chance to ask him and there were so many people ... but I got half a hug ,I think ;) He did what he wanted to do with me if you see what I mean.And I won't complain for what I had :)
As for the photos I was very far away so ...Maybe the others got lucky but since there are already videos apparently on youtube you have the best seats.

It was great indeed and he was very sweet as usual.I don't regret a thing.
Thank you for "reporting in" after your experience at the FedCon! So glad you got to see Richard Dean Anderson close up and had all he other experiences you had there.

A half hug is good!

It's good to know he is (still - after the years since Stargate) so VERY POPULAR!

Michelle posted a link to some instagram photos from FedCon on the Convention photos thread.....and one photo showing Amanda Tapping kissing RDA on the cheek with Michael Shanks turned with his back to the camera. Did you get to see AT and MS also?

RDA has to be very strong to be able to get through all the demands of a Con - and so did you - have to be strong to get through it all.

Here is the link from Jemmster (Michelle) to these other photos - LOTS of them - many are not of RDA or MS or AT,
but many are: http://iconosquare.com/tag/fedcon

Glad you had a good time and photos will be posted soon by me FROM THE INSTAGRAM PHOTOS Michelle linked us to.

Welcome back!
B
j-sky

Post by j-sky »

Just came back!
I'm so happy I made the trip :D :D :D ! It was really worth it!!!
Missing him already.

Later some pics.
Yes, we couldn't take any videos about panels, it was really strictly prohibited...
If there are any on Youtube, those people have been really skillful to take videos.
darling

Post by darling »

@bftlovesRDA
Just to be correct... the link photos are from several Fedcons not only from this year. Many pics of Richard are from former Fedcons. Of course not the ones with Amanda and Michael. ;)

Happy that you all had a really good time! And yes I miss him too although it's been a while. :oops: :D
PICS! I want PICS! :lol:
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Darling - check out the other thread in Photos - convention photos. We have several threads running......maybe we could consolidate them but either way - the more photos and the more reports of the experiences of our very fortunate attendees - the better!
B
Anne

Post by Anne »

It was absolutely amazing and wonderful. I will be back with pictures and reports as soon as I had time to sort through all my stuff and write down some coherent report, which might take a couple of days. But it was just... wow! Loved it!
Astra

Post by Astra »

Anne, I would have loved to meet you and talk about action figures! I regret that we did not plan anything like that.

I just heard that Richard, Amanda and Michael commented on our videos? On Saturday, before the panel of the three of them, the Holzmichl, Major Tom and Bruttosozialprodukt was played. I take it they were in the other room at the time, talking to the people there, but I had no idea they would be watching too and even comment them! Has anyone been there and can tell me more about it? That would be nice. Many thanks!
Anne

Post by Anne »

Here is my first con report - Thursday

The opening ceremony was already a lot of fun. I won't get into anyone else, but it seemed all the stars were in a good mood and looking forward to the convention. MS was first of the SG-1 guys and he was in his typical show-on-hiatus look. Scruffy and long hair. He came on stage and his first words were: “I brought Richard Dean Anderson's hair with me.”

Amanda was next and they hugged and kissed and giggled and then RDA came on stage and – I don't know what's that about but MS has the tendency to crack up from just looking at him, which is hilarious. So RDA came on stage, goofing around, and MS started laughing and AT started laughing and well, there were hugs and stuff and somehow RDA and MS got into some animated conversation about something (maybe the hockey game, but I have no clue) and then there was a lot of partying and the opening ceremony went on. MS and AT danced, which was very cute. Nichelle Nicholes, who was the oldest star of the con sang and everyone gave her a standing ovation. She's 82 and such a darling and while she had to take many breaks during her autograph times I think she gave everything she could. I am pulling my head for her traveling this far at her age to see the fans and have panels.

Right after the opening ceremony RDA's first (and only) alone panel started and I have some excerpts here for you. But please bear with me because some of it I just didn't get and some of it was hard to understand and some of the questions were even harder to understand...

RDA wore a red shirt and dark pants and he kept up with most of the questions and if he couldn't he just entertained us with his charming self. He fiddled a lot with his hair and pulled at his shirt and, well, we all know he can't keep still for five minutes, so he was all over the stage and hard to be pinned down for pictures. I loved every minute of the panel even though the trio panels were my favorites.

Thursday Panel RDA.

We was asked about the MacGyver commercial with Mercedes, but thought the question was about the Mastercard Commercial. So he talked about the Mastercard commercial and then the fan told him she was talking about the Mercedes add and he said that he actually didn't realize it was supposed to be a commercial until he got there to shoot it … and I don't remember what else he said, but at the end of that answer he said, “I'm a little jet lagged here so don't be afraid to save me.”

Someone yelled about the Kings winning their third Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs on Sunday to advance to the Final against the New York Rangers... RDA whooped and was clearly happy.

“I almost wore my shirt with Kopitar on the back and Kings on the front, but thank you for yelling it out. I'm pretty excited about that right now. You really know what I'm talking about?” (Crowed cheered) “They need to win one more game to be in the finals, but it's the most exciting season of play off hockey I've ever seen.” (he got a bit emotional) “My LA Kings. Ohhh, Will be there. Next week. Now, my MN Wildcats lost to the Chicago bums.” (audience went awwww) “I know, I know. Next year!”

Asked about Robert Picardo and the SGA episode RDA has been in with him (question was a bit hard to understand and I don't have all of the answer, but some...)

“Robert actually sang for me on... well, it wasn't my birthday, but he sang for me in Atlanta.” RDA looked at the girl who asked the question, realizing he doesn't have a clue what the question was about and went on, “Ok, we got this far. Now, feed me, feed me, babe (w information). I was sitting on the floor?” (fan confirmed that) “Ok. What was I doing?” (the rest of it I don't have. If anyone wants to fill in the blanks I'd be grateful.)

About the Simpson commentary for the episode he was in...

“I actually arrived there later on that day and... who was it... Kelsey Grammer (Sideshow Bob on the Simpsons) was just ahead of me and finishing up. And all they do is sit in a room and watch the episode go by and they're wearing headsets and microphones and start either commentating, which there is so little off... this is a terribly structured sentence... but they just start chit-chatting about whatever comes to mind. I mean... there's very little reflection of the writers, producers and cast members that were part of the episode. There's nothing about the episode. They are talking about their golf games, about, you know, reading the list of the things they had to get for the wife when they got home. I mean, it was really that disjointed and I had very little to say in that room. I wouldn't buy it for my input. It was very limited. It was good to see everybody and it was really kind of a fun experience, but, boy, if
anyone is going to be offered the opportunity, I'd turn it down.”

In between he had a moment of staring at himself on the screen where they kept showing old pics of him...

“Oh my god, how old was I? Twelve?” (am not sure what pic he was referring too, I think it was pre-MacGyver. And then it went on to Mac and to an old SG-1 pic) “The innocence of juvenile delinquent. I promise, that if I get invited back here, I promise to be 20 pounds lighter. Ok, 30.”

Asked about his role models in life...

“Well, you catch me unprepared here. Not that it should take a lot of thought, but... huh...I kind of wanna say Obama for less than political reasons and more for what he brings on the table as a humanitarian.”

About MacGyver being so resourceful and building something out of nothing and if RDA's family has ever thought he was like that in real life (at least that's how I understood the question, I'm not sure though)

“My family has never expressed their awe of me. Why, I do not know. I have given them so much opportunity to say; Gawd, you're great. But the whole concept of MacGyver was to... (pauses and makes a funny face) “I have a burp... right here...” (gets it out, but not loudly) “Thank you. MacGyver was based on a common sense way of moving through life.” (there is more, but this is all I got.)

About the new Stargate project of Devlin and Emmerich...

“I think at the time... I knew Dean Devlin back in the day, I used to play hockey with Devlin... I think at that time there was some... I don't want to say resentment but... there was some of the action we got back from those guys about... (is distracted for a moment)... what was it?... Ah, I think they were a little pissed off that we were so successful and... (didn't get that, sorry) but it's still their property so they can do whatever they want with it.”

About being in Baltimore on Wylie's b-day...

“Oh, god, well, I'm not really happy about it, that it worked out that way, but on Augst 2nd is my daughter's birthday and I will be in Baltimore, of all places, giving a... well, doing much of what I'm doing now which is sweating and making a fool of myself. But before I accepted the offer to go there I talked to Wylie and told her what was going on. And she said; Daaad, go work, go out, get out of the house, meet some people, socialize, get a girlfriend. Seriously – you know how depressing that is? Having your 16.... 15 year old daughter say; Dad, you should get a girl? If only she knew!” (audience laughed) “No, I'm glad she doesn't know about my wilder years.”

I think he went on a bit about her being a teenager and that he wished he could say she was of course perfect and never moody and not hormone driven and everything was wonderful etc – but that she is still very cool etc. I don't get this together anymore. I know that in another panel he said she was his biggest inspiration.

Asked if he wanted to go back to acting or any kind of work like maybe politics:

“Politics, me? Nooo-hooo-nooo. I have too much of a temper. You may not know that or sense it, but, boy, I can't stand injustice or racism or bigotry. And about real life work? Work... I don't have anything planned. I have an agent who is just being driven to her grave. Well, nah, I don't think so (about work). Not this year. It will have to be something very unique and special to relinquish the great life I'm having with my dogs and my daughter.” (Fan: it's a great life, you are enjoying it) “Yeah, it's a great life, it's a wonderful life, but I wouldn't put it beyond me to jump back into the fray again. I'd love to, someday. Something. Somebody write something that's just spectacular.”

Asked about how Mac's first name came about...

“...the show was in its 7th season and we still didn't have a first name for him. (…) So, I was at a domed (?) football field there and there was a policemen or firemen competition there. And there was one of the council members, and his name was Angus Reed. And they flashed his name across this massive huge screen and the name ANGUS just pulsed. Well, it didn't really, but that's what I saw and when I was sober again, I said... (laughed with the audience) Nah, but it just stuck with me that this was supposed to be his name.” (there was more, but again I don't have that. I think something about his name could have also been Seamus – if anyone knows, let me know and I'll write it down)

So, this is what I got from the Thursday panel. If anyone has more to add, please PM me. I'm happy to change stuff I got wrong and add anything that can be added to make this a more complete transcript.

I will share about the other days as I sort through my photos and stuff :)

Enjoy!
Last edited by Anne on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Astra wrote:Anne, I would have loved to meet you and talk about action figures! I regret that we did not plan anything like that.

I just heard that Richard, Amanda and Michael commented on our videos? On Saturday, before the panel of the three of them, the Holzmichl, Major Tom and Bruttosozialprodukt was played. I take it they were in the other room at the time, talking to the people there, but I had no idea they would be watching too and even comment them! Has anyone been there and can tell me more about it? That would be nice. Many thanks!
Yeah, it would have been fun. I met some peeps from the forum and some from my Jack/Daniel corner of the fandom and it was fun.

I haven't viewed all my... hmmm... photos yet. If I remember any comments about the videos, I'll let you know. I can't remember anything about that right now, but I know that the audience was pretty much in stitches about all those vids. :D
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks Anne for the first report from FedCon. Fantastic job!

I am very glad to hear that they all looked so good and enjoyed each other so much.....so that fans could enjoy them also!

I am also glad to hear RDA is having a wonderful life....and even acknowledges that he needs to lose about 30 pounds.....(I thought he looked as if he has lost some weight but I may be hoping so). He looked gorgeous no matter what.

But the most hopeful thing is that he said he would come out of retirement if someone would write something spectacular.......THAT is what I am hoping for too!

Thanks again, especially for all the details. LOVING your retelling of the events and your photos.
B