Do you have one episode, that is very special to you?

Anja

Re: Do you have one episode, that is very special to you?

Post by Anja »

My favourite is The Madonna closely followed by To Be a Man, Passages and The Gauntlet.

They really touch me, even today although I have seen them many,many times!!!

EDIT: I forgot Black Rhino - that' very special!!!
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

I don't know what it's called but it's the episode where they reveal he's a Vietnam veteran, and he's working to defuse a bomb on a ship. I think it's on a ship. Someone dies in the process, someone MacGyver spent time in the war with.
The most important person in my life right now is a Vietnam Veteran. He was with 173rd "herd" sky soldiers the first time (if I knew how to upload photos I could show a picture of his Sgt. (Bill Blanton), who was his first sergeant in Vietnam. Then he was with Army Rangers except he won't tell even his family or me about it. Just that he was in Vietnam and with the Rangers. Then he was with the National Guard before he went to college and became a photographer/cinematographer and worked in broadcast news as part of the camera crew.
I hope that doesn't sound self-absorbed but that's why I find that episode special and important to me. Richard, the name of the guy in question, is my daughter's godfather. He's really great to her and I really like him. He's wonderful. :D
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

EMTP513 wrote:I don't know what it's called but it's the episode where they reveal he's a Vietnam veteran, and he's working to defuse a bomb on a ship. I think it's on a ship. Someone dies in the process, someone MacGyver spent time in the war with.
The most important person in my life right now is a Vietnam Veteran. He was with 173rd "herd" sky soldiers the first time (if I knew how to upload photos I could show a picture of his Sgt. (Bill Blanton), who was his first sergeant in Vietnam. Then he was with Army Rangers except he won't tell even his family or me about it. Just that he was in Vietnam and with the Rangers. Then he was with the National Guard before he went to college and became a photographer/cinematographer and worked in broadcast news as part of the camera crew.
I hope that doesn't sound self-absorbed but that's why I find that episode special and important to me. Richard, the name of the guy in question, is my daughter's godfather. He's really great to her and I really like him. He's wonderful. :D
He said the sergeant in boot camp used to wake them up by playing some song about a roundup at top volume. I can't remember it very well. I thought it was strange to play that instead of the bugle blare they play for everyone else, which seems an obnoxious thing to awaken you. He played me that song and I thought 'If I were asleep when that started playing I'd want to kill the person who woke me to a maniacal bugle playing a wake-up song.'
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post! I watched MacGyver when it was on in the 1980's, and I'm watching it again on METV. (Of course, I also have the DVD set!) As a (retired) science librarian, I always loved how MacGyver used science to get out of all the dangerous situations he got himself into.

Last night I watched "Blood Brothers." I always like seeing glimpses into MacGyver's past and seeing what shaped him into becoming the man he was. This episode explained his aversion to guns very powerfully and was brilliantly acted by RDA.

I'm looking forward to catching up on all the older posts and as well as taking part in new discussions. :D

Barbara
Barbara
CMac

Post by CMac »

Welcome Barbara! :) I think you'll like it here. This is a great place to discuss all things RDA.

Blood Brothers is one of my special/favorite episodes, too (I'm also watching it on MeTV even though I have the DVD set ;) ). At first I didn't like that episode. I'm not sure why - maybe because of the violence and it's so tragic? :( But the more I've watched it, the more I've grown to love it. I agree that RDA's acting ability in this one astounds.
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

There was a episode that was never shown on German TV.
The ten percent solution.
When I bought the DVDs I looked at her immediately.
An official statement, why this episode was not broadcast, did not exist.
But you do not have to think twice about why it is. Still a difficult topic in germany.
It would have been important to show exactly this one here!! Still important in this day to know this episode, if you ask me!
Anyway, I really like this episode because it has an important message.
Will watch her over and over again!!

Even Harry's Will was never shown. Even on my DVD, there is only the original version, no
synchronized version! I do not know why.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

JackGywer wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:19 pm There was a episode that was never shown on German TV.
But you do not have to think twice about why it is. Still a difficult topic in germany.
It would have been important to show exactly this one here!! Still important in this day to know this episode, if you ask me!

Even Harry's Will was never shown. Even on my DVD, there is only the original version, no
Hi, JK. This is the post I was remembering. So the Ten Per Cent Solution was never shown on German TV and neither was Harry's Will for some reason. I can understand why the Ten Per Cent Solution was never shown and I know that is a difficult topic in Germany....but like you, I would think that it would be an important episode to show there. And like you, I wonder why Harry's Will was never shown. That is strange.

Thanks for your comments.
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

bftlovesRDA wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:29 pm
JackGywer wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:19 pm There was a episode that was never shown on German TV.

Hi, JK. This is the post I was remembering. So the Ten Per Cent Solution was never shown on German TV and neither was Harry's Will for some reason. I can understand why the Ten Per Cent Solution was never shown and I know that is a difficult topic in Germany....but like you, I would think that it would be an important episode to show there. And like you, I wonder why Harry's Will was never shown. That is strange.

Thanks for your comments.
Oh, you meant that!
On the DVDs are both episodes, I'm still just not sure why Harry's will is not synchronized.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I CAN FINALLY SEE THEM ALL AGAIN!!! TOMORROW I WILL GET MY COMPLETE DVD BOX OF MACGYVER!!! SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!😍😍😍😍😍😁😁😁😁😁😁😁🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
Lots of love,

Lies

MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

I have a certain feeling for the later episodes. Mostly season 6, maybe it's because I grew up watching most of them. We had about a handful of episodes when I was in elementary school. 3/4 of season 6 and about seven episodes of season 7. But season 6 makes me feel really young again.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.