What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

bftlovesRDA

Re: What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Kti, for your comments on this movie.

Appreciate your remarks.......and your opinion.

Your grammar was just fine!

:D :D :D
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

A last contribution to this film from me.
I was in the mood right now ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRAWdKmkG9Y

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

OH wow, JK! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this contribution to this discussion of "In the Eyes of a Stranger".........your video is absolutely perfect. Shows how passionate and sexy Jack/RDA is in this movie. Love it! Your efforts are so appreciated here. :D :D :D
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Does anyone have a choice of the next RDA movie for us to discuss?
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

How about FIREHOUSE?

We can view it either here on this website in the video gallery / movie section.....or on YOu TUbe = in several segments =
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTbsVRcBQ2g.

What do you like and not like about this movie?
B
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

First of all, let me tell you B that this is a great topic. So, regarding my comments for "In the Eyes of a Stranger", I have expressed my opinion before, but I'm glad you're giving me the chance, and I'll say it once again, loud and clear, and with pride, that I'm totally crazy in love with this movie. It is by far, my favorite RDA's movie.

The story is just perfect and the kind of scenario that I really enjoy, I think I would call it a " light psychological thriller", (if this is the right term to use), with many twists and unexpected end. Of course the ending turns out to be good, the guy gets the girl and everything gets the straight and the right way. There's a lot of suspense till the end, and that makes it even more interesting. But I think what makes it super highly great movie, except from the whole story, it's because of his leading star, our man Richard Dean Anderson. Needless to say, how amazingly played the role of Jack Rourke, a sweet, gentle and caring undercover detective, who gets himself involved in a twisted story and being used by Lynn (Justin Bateman), he gets carried away for a while and seems to get the wrong way, but he soon realizes his mistake and clears everything out, finding his personal happiness.

I think it was one of his greatest roles, as for his individual movies, playing the good guy, although for a while played the bad and corrupted cop, but that didn't last. I don't like him playing the bad guy, though there's an extra charm in it, but still, as I said, I certainly prefer him as the good and descent guy.

Of course, like everyone mentioned and I will agree with all of you, that this role was his hottest appearance in my opinion. (Of course he's also hot in "Through the Eyes of a Killer", but in a dirty and twisted way, instead of "In the Eyes of a Stranger" that his whole appearance was very sexy, but in a nice, gentle and romantic way. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say, don't know how else to express it. And I love him with the beard too, not with a mustache, but the beard suits him perfectly. He's really gorgeous in that movie, from the very beginning till the end. Love his stunning look, the way he moves, the way he talks, especially when he whispers to Lynn about his injuries, followed by that passionate kiss. I love every little detail about this movie and I could go on and on talking about it. And I apologize if I got you tired with all my comments, but can't help it. As you can tell, I have no negative comment about this movie. To me, was awesome and perfect.

Wanted to thank JK for her wonderful contribution, regarding the movie, for the beautiful pictures with the hottest scene, and the lovely video. Thank you JK for putting us into the mood watching this amazing movie again, and thank you B for sharing this great topic.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, Nicole, for your good and thorough comments on "In the Eyes of a Stranger". Your detailed description of all related to this movie matches everything I think about it....no negative comments about it at all except maybe you don't like the mustache but you do like the beard and you do think RDA is extremely sexy in it. Your words are most expressive and good and you didn't go on too long at all. :D :D :D

So, thank you again very very much. Your opinion matters very much as do the opinions of all who have commented.

I suggested we give our opinions about "Firehouse" next but if you or others would like to pick another movie to discuss that would be fine with me.
B
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Sorry, ladies, for my extremly late comment. But I wanted to watch the movie again before writing a comment. And I couldn't watch it before yesterday evening.

So here, it is, my comment about the movie "In the Eyes of a Stranger"

First of all I like the story although it is not very creative in my opinion.

Frustrated cop has to protect a witness, falls in love with her, some difficulties come up, yadda, yadda and in the end they live happily ever after. Yeah!

BUT
the plot has good and unexpected twists; so I like the scene when Jack realizes that Lynn is able to understand him by reading the words from his mouth. And the little "test" he is doing to confirm his theory.
The appearance of a man behind the robbery, a person, the police doesn't know about.
Jack really falls in love with Lynn; it is not just a "sex-thing" for him, because he really is disturbed when he finds out, that she is married to this old guy who could be her father (or even grandfather).
He quits his job for her (that is not so a big deal, because he is already very frustrated with his position as detective, because he is skipped more than once for a promotion due to his "not working by the book style" and bad reputation from his past), but he chooses her over his job.
When they find the money and want to keep it and the guy behind the robbery threatens her, he is willing to forget about the money and give it up for her, and in the end even to commit a murder and kill the guy, because she asks him to do that.

So it is even a bigger shock for him when he finds out that he has been deceived and he realizes that Lynn has just used him to get the money. She confesses it was hers and Nancy's plan at first, but she didn't plan to fall in love with him. So she comes back for him, rescues him and gives the money up for her love.
The big showdown in the end when they confront each other with guns and words is absolutely great.

Nancy, Lynn's girlfriend is an interesting character, too. I am still unsure if she is just using Lynn for her own advantage or not. She is coldblooded, kills Lynn's husband (ok, he deserved it, but murder is murder) to get him out of the way and keep the money and wants to kill Jack, too. But in the end she is really disturbed by the fact, that Lynn abandons her for Jack.
In the last scene of the movie, before she leaves in her car, you can see, that she is in tears. So I think, she cries not (only) about the lost money but also about her lost friend.

So, yes, I love the film.

And I hate the beard :lol: :lol: :lol: .

BTW, thanks for the great pictures and the video, J.K.. Great work, as always.

Discussing about Firehouse as next movie is fine for me.

Anja ;)

I hope I've got the grammar passably right, my last kind of essay about anything in English language was at school, about 25 years ago. But I had really really fun with it, so I am looking forward to the next movie-discussions. GREAT TOPIC! :D
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

NiLa wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:00 pm Sorry, ladies, for my extremly late comment. But I wanted to watch the movie again before writing a comment. And I couldn't watch it before yesterday evening.

So here, it is, my comment about the movie "In the Eyes of a Stranger"

First of all I like the story although it is not very creative in my opinion.

Frustrated cop has to protect a witness, falls in love with her, some difficulties come up, yadda, yadda and in the end they live happily ever after. Yeah!

BUT
the plot has good and unexpected twists; so I like the scene when Jack realizes that Lynn is able to understand him by reading the words from his mouth. And the little "test" he is doing to confirm his theory.
The appearance of a man behind the robbery, a person, the police doesn't know about.
Jack really falls in love with Lynn; it is not just a "sex-thing" for him, because he really is disturbed when he finds out, that she is married to this old guy who could be her father (or even grandfather).
He quits his job for her (that is not so a big deal, because he is already very frustrated with his position as detective, because he is skipped more than once for a promotion due to his "not working by the book style" and bad reputation from his past), but he chooses her over his job.
When they find the money and want to keep it and the guy behind the robbery threatens her, he is willing to forget about the money and give it up for her, and in the end even to commit a murder and kill the guy, because she asks him to do that.

So it is even a bigger shock for him when he finds out that he has been deceived and he realizes that Lynn has just used him to get the money. She confesses it was hers and Nancy's plan at first, but she didn't plan to fall in love with him. So she comes back for him, rescues him and gives the money up for her love.
The big showdown in the end when they confront each other with guns and words is absolutely great.

Nancy, Lynn's girlfriend is an interesting character, too. I am still unsure if she is just using Lynn for her own advantage or not. She is coldblooded, kills Lynn's husband (ok, he deserved it, but murder is murder) to get him out of the way and keep the money and wants to kill Jack, too. But in the end she is really disturbed by the fact, that Lynn abandons her for Jack.
In the last scene of the movie, before she leaves in her car, you can see, that she is in tears. So I think, she cries not (only) about the lost money but also about her lost friend.

So, yes, I love the film.

And I hate the beard :lol: :lol: :lol: .

BTW, thanks for the great pictures and the video, J.K.. Great work, as always.

Discussing about Firehouse as next movie is fine for me.

Anja ;)

I hope I've got the grammar passably right, my last kind of essay about anything in English language was at school, about 25 years ago. But I had really really fun with it, so I am looking forward to the next movie-discussions. GREAT TOPIC! :D
Anja, your write-up of your review of the movie is truly fantastic and is well worth waiting for. I really appreciate all the details you covered. And your grammar was perfect!

I just wanted to say that I agree with you on all except that I liked the beard in this movie but usually would not like RDA in a beard.l And, I appreciate each of the points you made in your discussion. Just one comment from me is that my thought about the ending of the movie is that it left me wanting more.....I want to know what was going to happen when the police Lieutenant said to Lynn that she was going to be with them for awhile because they had some questions that had to be answered.....and then was her friend Nancy going to tell the police what she knew and/or did she get away with the murder of Lynn's "husband"? And how did Jack and Lynn do together.....So, I would have liked a sequel to this movie...but that's just me.

I loved the passionate scenes (RDA is so very hot....) and like you I thought the scene near the end when Jack is so hurt and is about to pass out and he and Lynn are holding guns on each other and Jack says, "It serves me right.,..." = is, as you said, great!

So, thank you thank you thank you for your comments.. :D :D :D ...and that you like this topic.

On to "Firehouse" - next movie up for discussion......
B
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Okay = if others come by to discuss what they like/dislike about "In the Eyes of a Stranger", that's fine....and welcome.

A second movie we can discuss is "Firehouse" which can be viewed either on YouTube (in several segments)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTbsVRcBQ2g&t=7s

or here at rdanderson.com in the Video Gallery under Movies.

According to the filmography section of this website, "Firehouse" was an "unaired pilot" for a CBS TV series.....done in 1996-1997. " FireHouse was shot on location in New York City as a series pilot, but the series was not picked up by a network. and the pilot as yet remains unaired in the US." "The pilot was later reedited as a television movie, but it never aired on network television in the US."

I'll let others comment on this movie first = then later I will chime in.

Thanks.
B