What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

bftlovesRDA

What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Hello all.

In an attempt revive interest in RDA's movies, I thought it might be interesting for people to post what they like or not like about individual movies.

I thought I would start with "In The Eyes of a Stranger". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1u4LJLXpEQ

What I liked:

RDA as Jack Rourke is sooooo good looking and sexy (even with the beard). Justine Bateman seems mighty young in this IMHO but together with Jack they make a very passionate couple. Jack as her defender and protector in all the danger it puts him into is very macho. The bad guy is truly creepy. This movie has lots of suspense and unexpected turns. RDA gives a wonderful performance.

What I didn't like:

Nothing.
B
Caty

Re: What do you like/not like about individual RDA movies

Post by Caty »

NIce topic, B! :D :D

I liked the movie and I found something strange:

Usually I don't like RDA with a beard, but in this movie he was so handsome and sexy!!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Totally agree with you, Caty, re: the beard = and RDA is sooooo hot in this movie even and maybe especially with the beard.

Was there anything you didn't like about In The Eyes of a Stranger?
B
Caty

Post by Caty »

Didn't like??
B, it's a RDA-movie! Is there anything you can't like? ;)

O.k. I don't like movies where he plays the bad guy, and even that roles he expresses perfectly.
But that's another story, now we are talking about "The Eyes of a Stranger" and this is one I like very much.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Agree with you = if RDA is in it, it's good. And, for me, even the bad guy image - he does so well but I also agree with you = I don't like him being a bad guy.

So, like you, "In the Eyes of a Stranger" = makes for a very very good movie. It has many twists and turns. What do you think of Lynn's girlfriend, Nancy?

I hope everyone will view it. The link again is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1u4LJLXpEQ
B
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

This is my favorite movie with him. I love his look in this work very much, he looks extremely good with this kind of beard, but I do not like when he wears a mustache.
For the film itself, I have to say that I like it when it embodies other roles as well. And here he has made that really very credible. I suffered a lot with him when he realized he was being used.
The fact that it was different after all, was a surprising end and he got what he deserved, ........ a woman who has chosen him, out of love.

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thanks, JK, for your reply and oh wow those photos = the BEST scenes in the whole movie....and so hot! :oops: :oops: :oops:
B
MacgyverStarGateGirl

Post by MacgyverStarGateGirl »

liked everything about the movie...especially how RDA looked ;)

disliked: nothing
I AM A BLAST! YOU SHALL SEE!
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

MacgyverStarGateGirl wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:04 pm liked everything about the movie...especially how RDA looked ;)

disliked: nothing
Thanks, MacgyverStargateGirl for your review of this movie. So far everyone who has responded has liked everything about "In the Eyes of a Stranger" and so far no dislikes except that JK doesn't like the mustache. But all agree RDA looks GREAT! I watched the movie again and found it very very intense and surprisingly suspenseful. But as you say, MSG, especially how RDA looked made the movie what it is - which is great!
B
Kti

Post by Kti »

It's been a while since I've seen 'In the eyes of a stranger' for the last time.
And I'm not in the mood to rewatch now.
To be honest, it's not one of my favourites.
Not because of the beard. I don't like him with facial hair, no matter of kind, but the beard fitted Rourke.
Oh! I prefered him with the glasses at the beginning ;).
I mean the basic idea of the story were poorly implemented. Because of the script or the director?
Lynn was too much cool in light of the situation.It seemd Jack wasn't able to perform as RDA willed.
And the part of Richard is not needed. The obligation/relationship from Lynn to him is unrealistic.
Sorry, only my humble oppinion. It's a movie with RDA. That's the only fact I like.
(Please excuse my grammar and everything else) :roll: :roll: