Fedcon 27, May 18 - 21 2018

BarbaraB

Re: Fedcon 27, May 18 - 21 2018

Post by BarbaraB »

One more thing . Robert Picardo and John de Lancie are 'sponsored guests' , which means that their autograph and photo are not included in the purchase price of gold and platin tickets . Let me remind you of these prices : 899 euros and 1,599 euros !!!
Those prices are beyond ridiculous and unfair! :shock:
Barbara
silvia1970

Post by silvia1970 »

I'm so sorry for all those who looked forward to RDA and were so bitterly disappointed. I hope he comes back to Germany someday.
The ticket prices of the Fedcon have been relatively cheap compared to other events. My experience. And you had the chance to buy photoshoots or autograph cards. Gold and platinum tickets were never an option for me.
I'm stuck on tickets for Walker Stalker in Mannheim.
There was no real chance to get tickets for photo shoots. And they are much more expensive.
Heads up!!!
Silvia
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

The first shock is over and the financial loss with the sale of both tickets at least reduced by half. Two nice ladies bought my tickets at full price, very nice.
At least a little luck!
And then the organizers complain that many people do not buy before? I can now understand why, they do not do it!

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

I've been texting with RDA, and it seems he doesn't know much more about the situation than I do. Not long before the announcement was made, he got a text from Paul telling him of the cancellation, and he has been trying to reach Paul for more information.

I don't know if FedCon tried to renegotiate (one would hope) or offer any other options to try to keep RDA as a guest before the cancellation decision was made, but whatever discussion may or may not have happened, it was between FedCon and Paul - RDA was not consulted and was not part of the decision.

He was told that it was an issue of poor ticket sales, and he asked, "I also want to know who sets the prices?!" So apparently he is not a part of that decision either.

Then he added, "I am crushed about any fans who have already purchased ANYTHING, made reservations, bought airline tickets, took time off, or in any way made plans to come to FedCon to see RDA. It sucks, and my heart breaks thinking of them...."

Kate
Anne

Post by Anne »

KateR wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:42 am I've been texting with RDA, and it seems he doesn't know much more about the situation than I do. Not long before the announcement was made, he got a text from Paul telling him of the cancellation, and he has been trying to reach Paul for more information.

I don't know if FedCon tried to renegotiate (one would hope) or offer any other options to try to keep RDA as a guest before the cancellation decision was made, but whatever discussion may or may not have happened, it was between FedCon and Paul - RDA was not consulted and was not part of the decision.

He was told that it was an issue of poor ticket sales, and he asked, "I also want to know who sets the prices?!" So apparently he is not a part of that decision either.

Then he added, "I am crushed about any fans who have already purchased ANYTHING, made reservations, bought airline tickets, took time off, or in any way made plans to come to FedCon to see RDA. It sucks, and my heart breaks thinking of them...."

Kate
I don't think anyone is putting the blame on him - well, I don't know, there's always someone in the crowd, maybe - and even though I am taking everything Paul does/says with a grain of salt, it's my opinion that if FedCon agreed to Paul's conditions (prices etc) they need to stick to it. They are doing this con thing for so many years now, they should KNOW how to calculate and you can't depend just on ticket/photo/autograph sales alone when making contracts like that. But maybe that's just me and I do admit I'm tainted by my dislike (based on former experiences) with the FedCon crew. Sigh.

I'm not sure about this either, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that the actors are usually involved with the whole process of booking/payment/schedule etc - unless they specifically insist to be part of all that. It's not their job, after all, to negotiate or make deals with Convention companies etc.

Oh well, things are as they are. We'll go and make the best of it, somehow.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Anne wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:52 am
KateR wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:42 am I've been texting with RDA, and it seems he doesn't know much more about the situation than I do. Not long before the announcement was made, he got a text from Paul telling him of the cancellation, and he has been trying to reach Paul for more information.

Kate
I don't think anyone is putting the blame on him - well, I don't know, there's always someone in the crowd, maybe - and even though I am taking everything Paul does/says with a grain of salt, it's my opinion that if FedCon agreed to Paul's conditions (prices etc) they need to stick to it. They are doing this con thing for so many years now, they should KNOW how to calculate and you can't depend just on ticket/photo/autograph sales alone when making contracts like that. But maybe that's just me and I do admit I'm tainted by my dislike (based on former experiences) with the FedCon crew. Sigh.

I'm not sure about this either, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that the actors are usually involved with the whole process of booking/payment/schedule etc - unless they specifically insist to be part of all that. It's not their job, after all, to negotiate or make deals with Convention companies etc.

Oh well, things are as they are. We'll go and make the best of it, somehow.
Lioninlove said in an earlier post :

"As far as I know, Fedcon calculates the prices for pics and autographs to cover all costs of a guest (flight, hotel room, fee...) and all guests get their fee and in addition a percentage on every pic and autograph and meet & greet, if there's one."

So who sets the prices ? If it isn't RDA ,it's FedCon ( maybe after negotiation with P. Brown...)
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

I don't understand very well about all these négociations. Always money story ! If tickets are too much expansive, lots people can't pay, even to see RDA, even if It's their most beautiful dream. And if they are few people to booking places, It's impossible to FedCon to invite all stars they want. I think Paul asks a high price for RDA, and his own operating costs. Maybe Richard didn't know these costs, because his only interest is his fans and to be nearest to their...
This annulation is a pity to German fans, and I understand their sadness...
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

tvero80 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:40 am So who sets the prices ? If it isn't RDA ,it's FedCon ( maybe after negotiation with P. Brown...)
The thing is, P. Brown is not the booking agent. That's a whole different person. So I'm not sure who actually does that initial negotiating based on the necessary math. But in an extraordinary situation like this one, I can't help but wonder if things might have played out a bit differently if RDA had been consulted or at least made aware of the situation. Right now, I guess RDA is trying to figure out what happened too.

Kate
Anja. S.

Post by Anja. S. »

Hallo,
ich bin tot traurig, wollte ich RDA zum ersten mal Live erleben und nun diese pleite. Was sitzen da blos für inkompetente Leute und entscheiden ihn wieder ab zusagen. Ich werde jetzt nicht mehr hinfahren. Ich finde es unverschämt mit seinem Namen zu werben und uns dann zu verar......! :evil:
Für mich grenzt das schon an Betrug. :!:
Auf jeden Fall hab ich vor eine Beschwerde Mail zu schicken damit man dort aufwacht.
Euch einen schönen Sonntag.......trotz allem.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

KateR wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:17 pm
tvero80 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:40 am So who sets the prices ? If it isn't RDA ,it's FedCon ( maybe after negotiation with P. Brown...)
The thing is, P. Brown is not the booking agent. That's a whole different person. So I'm not sure who actually does that initial negotiating based on the necessary math. But in an extraordinary situation like this one, I can't help but wonder if things might have played out a bit differently if RDA had been consulted or at least made aware of the situation. Right now, I guess RDA is trying to figure out what happened too.

Kate
BOOKING AGENT WANTED !!!

Whose fault is it ? We don't know ( we may never know for sure ) but it's really sad it ended up that way ...