Thank you, Kate

bftlovesRDA

Re: Thank you, Kate

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Thank you again, Kate, for all your work in maintaining and developing this site.

I appreciate all your comments and questions also. I wish I had answers for your questions.

I don't have answers but I have a few comments:

I love this website and hope it can continue. I have made friends here and enjoy them so much. This truly is a "family" place on the internet and the fact that we all share a love and admiration as "wild loyalists" of Richard Dean Anderson makes all our encounters good ones.

As far as how to get the newer members to participate more in the forum, I had this one thought: What if we "oldies" took turns sending a private message to each new member welcoming them to the forum and inviting them to participate in different topics / threads. I would be glad to do that. In fact, I used to do it on my own awhile back. I don't know if that would help increase the participation in the forum or not but it might be worth a try.

I also like the idea of having Stargate and/or MacGyver and/or Legend episode or RDA Movie viewing times and then discussion on the forum on a thread about that particular episode or movie. I moved to a new house last year and somehow managed to lose all my Stargate and MacGyver videos that I had purchased several years ago. I have now - finally - repurchased seasons 1-8 of Stargate = and am watching them all again. Am up through Season 5. Enjoy them still. So, I would love discussing episodes of Stargate with anyone else who would like to do so.....although that might not be many. But I hope it would be. Such discussions might bring in fans who have not seen interesting things to post about yet although there is plenty of interesting "stuff" on this website and in the forum.

Well, again, I hope this website and this forum continue. But it's all up to you, Kate. Your efforts are tremendous and whatever you decide to do is all right by me. I would just miss everyone and don't like Facebook.....and I would miss the continuing threads and discussions and news from RDA himself. And, one of these days, we are going to see him back on TV or in a movie somehow - that is my biggest desire.
B
Juliette

Post by Juliette »

Hello everyone!

I've been a RDA fan for a little while now and I've been using this website ever since.
I've scrolled through the many sections of the website and the huge amount of pages of the forum for I don't know how many hours.
I've been drawn to this website because it is the only official one, where the info you can find are undoubtedly reliable.
I have never found the guts to register before, probably because I'm a shy person and it just felt weird to barge in, to come out of the blue into a conversation between people who have known each other for several years.
But when I saw that the forum's life was at stake, I figured it was finally time and I just had to intervene and give you my opinion.

The several facebook pages I know only post a picture from time to time, there is absolutely no disscution between the people who like them. There is no bond, it's just a collection of pictures, it feels strange. (and the annoying thing with fb is that everytime you like or comment something, it is shared with all your friends, and sometimes you just don't want their judgy eyes to see any of it at all)
people become numbers, pictures become bait to attract people in order to get the biggest number.. very sad

That's what is awesome about forums : you can interact with people who understand you, people who get you and won't judge you because they are here for the same resaons.
It feels good to be able to talk to people who have the same 'weirdness' as you, and be free to talk about stuff you just wouldn't talk about with people you know in real life without them thinking you're a weirdo. At least that's how I feel about it..

We have to keep the sense of family, friendly conversations and freedom it gives us, and fight against this culture of impersonnal likes and individualism.

I hope the website or the forum won't have to go away, but since it's a huge amount of work, maybe we could share some of the work?
Maybe people who take material from the website should be asked to remember giving credit..

So, to finish with myself, I am 23, madly in love with the man, and enjoying every minute of it! :D
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

MacGyver has always been my idol. I love science, and Mac personified everything I love about it. I could go on and on praising MacGyver, but I know you all understand! :)

Once I found this site and joined the chat, I decided to start watching Stargate SG-1. I bought season 1 and was hooked. I persuaded my daughter, an RDA fan but not a fan of science fiction, to watch an episode. She got hooked right away, and we bought the DVD's. We're now viewing them for at least the 4th time. Kate, I can't tell you how much we have relied on the episode summaries you wrote and the SG-1 lexicon.

I finally met RDA at MegaCon, and of course he didn't disappoint. He was as wonderful as I expected him to be. I was so happy to be able to share my experience of meeting him with everyone here.

I do check in on the Forum daily, even if I don't post as much. It is an oasis of relief in the increasingly difficult world we must deal with these days.

So I hope you keep the Forum going!
Barbara
MacgyverStarGateGirl

Post by MacgyverStarGateGirl »

I have been a HUGE fan of RDA since I was 7! my mom got me into MacGyver and in my mid teens I discovered SG-1! I have the upmost respect and admiration for RDA! I didn't know he had a website until 2 years ago. He's inspired me to be myself and respect myself. I will ALWAYS be an RDA fan for life and beyond! Plus I also have a HUGE crush and love him with all my heart and soul!

Please keep this forum going! I may not post here often but I do read just about everything that is on this forum and on this site! You do an amazing job, Kate! Keep up the good work!
I AM A BLAST! YOU SHALL SEE!
gone_fishing

Post by gone_fishing »

Hi ,I'm a Newbie ,I very much enjoy the website and usually visit the forum daily. I have spent many hours "stalking" the information and the wonderful collection of photos here and though I don't contribute, I would be heart broken to loose this amazing collection. I am a Stargate /Legend fan and that is probably why I don't join in much as I feel most people here are MacGyver fans,but that said,I very much enjoy the forum. I too would like to thank Kate for all her hard work and for giving us the chance to see a few chosen words from the man himself. Please don't give up on us.
Laugh,Love and be a little crazy. :lol:
uniquelyjas

Post by uniquelyjas »

Hi! I am new here as well. I've been lurking for months but never posted. Guess it's time to let you all know I'm here and check this site a lot...especially when I'm bored at work. As someone else said, it's great to know that all the RDA info is TRUE! I get so hooked watching the old interviews and reading the articles, etc.! I watched MacGyver when it first aired in the 80's but did not appreciate the show or the man as I should have :oops: I came across reruns when I was channel surfing last winter and have been hooked to the point where I now own all 7 seasons on DVD! Unlike most of you, I am strictly an RDA as MacGyver fan...wondering how I could not appreciate that beautiful man in the first place. On that note, I especially enjoy the "THUNK" thread (cute name!). Thanks for having me and I will try to post more in the future.

Jody
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Two newbies ! The more the merrier ! Welcome on board gone_fishing and uniquelyjas !
uniquelyjas

Post by uniquelyjas »

tvero80 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:50 pm Two newbies ! The more the merrier ! Welcome on board gone_fishing and uniquelyjas !
Thank you!!
Irina

Post by Irina »

Welcome in our family gone_fishing and uniquelyjas! :D
"It's very difficult to say "goodbye" to someone who means so much... "
("To be a Man")
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

uniquelyjas - WELCOME!

Glad you are here.

Also, glad you love RDA in MacGyver. I watched that show in the 80's also (shows how old we are... :D :D :D ) and I also purchased all the DVD's for MacGyver. But when I moved last year, I lost all of my DVD's. I have re-purchased the Stargate ones so far and am thinking about spending the money to re-purchase the MacGyver seasons as well.

I only discovered Stargate a few years ago and now absolutely LOVE it because I love RDA in it so much. I don't like Science Fiction. But the stories in Stargate are so good, I just ignore the SciFi parts and concentrate on the great interaction between the main characters, especially between Jack O'Neill and Samantha Carter (RDA and Amanda Tapping) but also among all six of the main characters - Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c, General Hammond, and Janet the doctor. That interaction absolutely makes Stargate one of THE BEST series ever on TV. If you enjoy watching RDA in MacGyver, I would encourage you to find a way to watch a bit of Stargate. Maybe purchase just ONE season of Stargate (they cost about nine dollars from Amazon)......and see if you get hooked....as I was.

I still absolutely LOVE and ADORE RDA as MacGyver but I also LOVE and ADORE him as Jack O'Neill. He is so handsome and funny in Stargate. One day, I hope you will discover him in that too.

(Sorry for being pushy - just hoping you won't miss out on something really good).

And WELCOME again. Hope to see you posting around the forum.
B