MegaCon Orlando May 2017

tvero80

MegaCon Orlando May 2017

Post by tvero80 »

We usually create a new topic each time RDA appears ...somewhere . So here it is .Will anybody go ?
I hope we'll get a few photos somehow. Let's keep our fingers crossed .
PamK1950

Re: MegaCon Orlando May 2017

Post by PamK1950 »

I'd love to go, but I've started to save for next year's Gatecon. ;)
If you can't say anything nice.....

BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

I'm planning to go! From what I can tell, the convention will mainly consist of waiting in lines for hours for a minute or two with RDA and a couple of other people I'm looking forward to meeting.

If anyone has a suggestion about what to say to/ask RDA, I'm open to suggestions. Assuming I don't faint when I meet him! :lol:
Barbara
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

BarbaraB wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 12:14 am I'm planning to go! From what I can tell, the convention will mainly consist of waiting in lines for hours for a minute or two with RDA and a couple of other people I'm looking forward to meeting.

If anyone has a suggestion about what to say to/ask RDA, I'm open to suggestions. Assuming I don't faint when I meet him! :lol:
Make the most of it , Barbara.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I think it's high time we wished RDA a pleasant flight to Orlando ( he may have landed already... :? ) and a great weekend to those who will attend .
Anne

Post by Anne »

LOL, all the same questions, all the same answers, all the same phrases we keep reading/hearing for years and years now... I believe he's going back to work when he actually IS going back to work :p But if he won't, I wish him all the joy he can get out of retirement :)
ttrana

Post by ttrana »

Anymore updates from the convention? I do understand that it is just starting but I love all the pics and hearing stories and what he said during his appearances? Thank You to everyone who does share:)
Firefly74

Post by Firefly74 »

BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

Hello from Orlando! My daughter and I had some wonderful conversations with RDA at the autograph sessions. I expected a one minute or less "hello," but we ended up talking about quite a few things. I asked him to sign a Hubble Telescope picture I had printed of the "Hockey Stick" galaxy. He loved it, so I gave him a copy.

During the Q & A session, someone asked him a complicated question about the Tok'ra. He had absolutely no idea what the person was talking about and said the question was his worst Q & A nightmare! :lol:

At the photo-op, I told him I have been watching the "Legend" DVD. He was really happy about that and I got a big hug.

He was as nice, funny, and unassuming as I thought he would be. :D
Barbara
AmandaLee

Post by AmandaLee »

Sounds like you had an awesome time, Barbara. Thanks for sharing it with us.
--AmandaLee