Buying the DVDs - is it worth it?

CMac

Buying the DVDs - is it worth it?

Post by CMac »

Hi, I was wondering if any of you ladies/gents own the Legend series on DVD and if you think it's worth the buy.

I must admit that even though I was aware of the series being on TV at the time and I was (and of course still am) a HUGE RDA freak, I never actually watched it. :( The premise does look a little intriguing, kind of like The Wild Wild West where they combined the western genre with a little bit of sci-fi action (I think they refer to that as steampunk). RDA's humor also appears to be on full playful display, and from the clips I've seen on this site it does look like fun. I guess I'm wondering, from everyone's feedback here, whether it's worth adding to my RDA collection of shows. I'd love to hear what you think. :)
Caty

Re: Buying the DVDs - is it worth it?

Post by Caty »

HI CMac,

it's definitely woth every cent!!
When I'm down and need something to laugh I watch it.
Yes, it's a mixture of western and science fiction but it's so good!

You'll love it!
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

I can only say I laughed a lot - loved it totally and it was worth every cent............
I can only recommend it to you!

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
CMac

Post by CMac »

Perfect, thanks for the feedback! I have it on my "wish list" - now I just have to wait until I'm in the position to buy it. ;) Thanks, guys! :)
Anne

Post by Anne »

The easiest way to find out if you think it's worth buying the DVDs is to go to Kate's video gallery and watch it - and see if it appeals to you. Or, if for some reason that's not working on ypur computer, go to Youtube and watch there.
CMac

Post by CMac »

I have watched some of it on this site and enjoyed it. Now, I'll just have to take the final leap and own it. :D
BarbaraB

Post by BarbaraB »

I watched a few episodes (thank you for the video gallery, Kate!) and decided to buy the DVD on Amazon. It was $8.99, which seemed like a reasonable price.
Barbara
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

I wasn't sure about it first....so I watched a few episodes on the video gallery.

Then I bought the DVDs and was never disappointed, although I have to connect my husband's laptop with the TV because my blue-ray player doesn't play the DVDs (area code 1, not avaiable at amazon in Europe). But it is worth the efford anytime I want to watch it.

Especially at the episode "Revenge of the Herd" I was giggling all the time. Sometimes it seems a bit over the top, but I think it was supposed to be that way. But I like it the way it is. :lol:

So, yes, it is worth every cent!

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
Lillydivine

Post by Lillydivine »

It's definately worth it. I can see why Richard had so much fun doing it. He is quite the character in it. Lol
If they breathe, they live.
If they live, they feel.
If they feel, they love.
If they love, they are aware.
If they are aware, they have a soul.

Thank you Irina!
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

:) I bought the dvd's from amazon through this site to support Kate and this site because they're both great!! I am SO enjoying this series! Dialogue is great; scenery is beautiful; story line holds one's interest from beginning to end; Rick is fantastic, as always; and it's such fun that he was working with his friend, John de Lancie (who was a villain in MacGyver: The Escape)!!
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"