MacGyver Fashion

Grimey

Re: MacGyver Fashion

Post by Grimey »

What about the striped shirts?
I mean, just jerseys: long-armed T-Shirts.
When I was a kid, that was typical MacGyver to me: stripe-shirt and biker jacket.
I also like him in sweats, knitted pullovers, everything casual. Looks so familiar to me. :oops:

Of course, RDA looks great in a tuxedo, but MacGyver always feels uncomfortable in it, and I don't like that thought.

MacGyver wore lots of different classic shirts. What I don't like very much on him are severe patterns, like dots or tiny little paisleys, arranged quite exactly in a kind of raster - sorry, I cannot explain better. I like it when he wears monochrome shirts, or with irregular patterns, like the boaties at the end of "family matters".
But you are totally right, altogether: It doesn't matter what he wears, anyway. He is so handsome...
I even like him as a homeless man in "But for the grace". This bonnet is just cool! 8-) :lol:
P
AmandaLee

Post by AmandaLee »

I know this is an old topic but I have to ask....what was up with those super baggy jeans, especially the black ones he wore every other episode in season, what, 4 or 5 maybe, you could fit two of him in them! Of course, a couple months ago just before i started rewatching my MacGyver shows I was watching my Alias Smith and Jones shows and admiring Ben Murphy's backside in those dungarees! Alas, RDA never really gave us that but still he pulled off just about everything he wore. And a firm agreement with the previous poster regarding the towel! :D
--AmandaLee
Caty

Post by Caty »

AmandaLee wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:13 am Of course, a couple months ago just before i started rewatching my MacGyver shows I was watching my Alias Smith and Jones shows and admiring Ben Murphy's backside in those dungarees! Alas, RDA never really gave us that but still he pulled off just about everything he wore.
I remember posting a screen cap from one MacGyver episode with the words "nice backside" :D
But I can't find it again and my dropbox isn't working - so - no pic. Hopefully some time later :(
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
AmandaLee

Post by AmandaLee »

It would have to be the first season or so, his pants got worse as the seasons wore on. I look forward to that pic showing up, I'll keep my eyes open.
--AmandaLee
Caty

Post by Caty »

Although it's not from "MacGaver", does this count, too? :D

"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
MacGyverGod

Post by MacGyverGod »

To me MacGyver was the man who didn't wear suits. That's why as a kid I didn't like Lesson In Evil which now is one of my favourites. He was much cooler in jeans or those khaki pants. But talking about that suit, would just look at those shoulders in Prometheus Syndrome! This guy has huge, big and broad shoulders! The other tie-outfit I liked is the one from Rush To Judgment with the green shirt and red tie. The outfit from Legend of the Holy Rose however is horrendous, a white shirt and a red tie? :shock:

To me Mac's standard outfit actually came in quite late in the show and we see if for the first time in Black Rhino. White T-shirt and jeans and has been used again in Passages, Good Knight MacGyver and The Stringer but than with the black jacket instead of jeans jacket.

In the first season, I'm all up for the khaki pants and red dotted shirt and the sunglasses.

In Trail To Doomsday, I really liked his party/funeral outfit, just too bad about the brown shirt though. If he was dressed fully in black then, this man would've been king. Yet he proves that more than once that he is king like in The Gun. I kinda like that blue shirt though and when he walks into Maddox' Weapons with such chillness and coolness he just loosens that top button of his shirt with one hand. If that's not cool, I don't know what is. I just wonder if that was scripted or not.
Last edited by MacGyverGod on Tue May 02, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
AmandaLee

Post by AmandaLee »

Caty wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 10:49 am Although it's not from "MacGaver", does this count, too? :D

That'll do!
--AmandaLee
eurmos

Post by eurmos »

AmandaLee wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 11:39 pm
Caty wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 10:49 am Although it's not from "MacGaver", does this count, too? :D

That'll do!
AGREED! No matter if it is "Mac" "Jack" or Rick it is all the same backside (and the same grin) and who could complain about photos from that angle
Beth
CMac

Post by CMac »

I agree with MacGyverGod that RDA has broad, strong shoulders. It's almost as if he was genetically engineered to wear a suit, even though he hates them! :lol: Every time I see him in a suit jacket, I swoon. :oops: Actually, he looks good in all jackets. He should wear them all the time.