Eyes of a Killer

EMTP513

Re: Eyes of a Killer

Post by EMTP513 »

Sorry but I hated this movie, even more the reason for his doing it. If the reason was accurate. I read in TV Guide at the time why he wanted to do it (it's the one where he plays a rapist isn't it) and I felt completely insulted. Sorry but when you give that as a reason I don't think it makes sense to expect that most people will feel good about it.
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

The first time I watched Eyes of a KIller - I couldn't watch it all - it was so scary. And I don't like scary movies.

But, then, I managed to watch it again. And if you watch it purely for the reason to appreciate RDA's acting ability - that is why I like it. It showcases RDA's ability to be more than a one dimensional actor. Also, there is a video of an interview with him about his preparation for this movie....and where he explains why he did the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNLDgdMf0RY

He had to "work his butt off" to be in shape for this movie. And boy did he get in good shape!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
B
CMac

Post by CMac »

Yeah, I have a hard time watching it because I don't like that level of violence, but RDA is extraordinary in it. :)
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

bftlovesRDA wrote:The first time I watched Eyes of a KIller - I couldn't watch it all - it was so scary. And I don't like scary movies.

But, then, I managed to watch it again. And if you watch it purely for the reason to appreciate RDA's acting ability - that is why I like it. It showcases RDA's ability to be more than a one dimensional actor. Also, there is a video of an interview with him about his preparation for this movie....and where he explains why he did the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNLDgdMf0RY

He had to "work his butt off" to be in shape for this movie. And boy did he get in good shape!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Was the reason the same as the one I read? That he was angry that he didn't get to finish MacGyver by doing an episode where MacGyver finds a woman and rides off into the sunset with her, because too many angry women wrote in protesting that ending so the network decided to revise the final episode?
Considering that there's almost no way you can tell when you're reading a truth about a celebrity I can't know for sure if that's the reason, and it's been made even worse by the stupid #pizzagate mess within the last week, which was totally fake news. But I read he was mad that he didn't get the ending on MacGyver that he wanted so he decided to play a rapist to turn off women that he thought were acting silly. As if we're all so damn dumb that all we ever do is judge something based on what we see on television. I'm sorry for the harsh tone but the whole topic (of rape) is like a hot button with me. But I don't appreciate being lumped in with idiots all the time and it's happening so much these days I'm about ready to log off for several months. At least until I can handle the new environment of the United States, which has turned diseased and unpleasant since Trump came galumphing into town.
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

EMTP513 wrote:Was the reason the same as the one I read? That he was angry that he didn't get to finish MacGyver by doing an episode where MacGyver finds a woman and rides off into the sunset with her, because too many angry women wrote in protesting that ending so the network decided to revise the final episode?
Wow, I'm continually amazed by the bizarre rumors that come up on the internet.

No, there is not a single word of that sentence that is true.

Kate
EMTP513

Post by EMTP513 »

I'm truly sorry. I didn't get the information from online (it was in 1992 before they had Internet) but I guess it was still wrong. So I'm apologizing for it.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Uh, why don't you just watch the video and see for yourself?
lesliekretchmar

Post by lesliekretchmar »

CMac wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:36 pm Ooo photos! That makes it even better! :D Thanks for posting!

Even though this movie scared the heck out of me, I will probably watch it again today. As you could tell by my first post, I loved it.

Did anyone else feel a little sorry for his character? A part of him seemed more like a sad, messed-up guy that was almost "possessed" by forces beyond his control, which reminded me of Amityville Horror (again, another creepy true story where a man killed his family in the house and then the new owner almost felt driven to do the same thing to his family). Then again, he was so smooth and manipulative that's how he would probably want you to feel before he lured you into a trap--again, like Ted Bundy did. Also, along with the Hitchcock theme running through this movie, there was definitely some references to Psycho--the mother obsession, the shower scene, the spooky angles in which the apartment was shot. I may be reading too much into it for a TV movie, but I can't help myself. I was a Lit major and took a film studies class. ;) Overall excellent film, made more so by the exquisite Mr. RDA himself! :oops:
Thanks for the great shots, all :!: :!: I definitely was sympathetic for him - he loved her and she thought he was uneducated and not worthy of a long-term involvement. When his talent was obvious, as an artist, and his beauty was unmatched :!: :!: .
ImageWith a little imagination, anything is possible"
Jen85

Post by Jen85 »

So I finally watched the film and wow he is amazing in it. I do like a good thriller and really enjoyed it. I realise it's not to everyone's taste but it really shows what a great actor Rick is. Don't suppose anyone knows if it has been released on DVD at all?
Mac: Two guys with bazookas blew up your cab.
Jack: They blew up my cab with a bazooka?
Mac: Two bazookas. But I can explain.
Jack: Bazookas? You can explain bazookas? YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BAZOOKAS!
zoeryan

Post by zoeryan »

I just watched this for the first time - I have to say the movie had me going, for a minute I believed it was going to be the nice guy friend and not RDA (wishful thinking lol). Lots of actors take bad guy roles to switch it up after doing one type of character a long time, so that's not unusual. I also am not as much of a fan of seeing actors I like turning psychotic, if I ever rewatched it would probably be just the first half. I have to say for an industrial designer she wasn't great at blueprints, and that apartment was sooooo bad, RDA was indeed a master builder! :lol: