MacGyver Reboot

Annelies

Re: MacGyver Reboot

Post by Annelies »

I understand ;) I don't want to see it in an other way than our own MacGyver.. nothing more nothing less.. No reboot or whatever. . Just my man as Mac there is no better...
Lots of love,

Lies

honorius

Post by honorius »

exactly.........there can be only one true agnus MacGyver and he is RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON. PERIOD.

The only way now to fix this reboot and make it kind of sequel is to present Richard in the show as MacGyver and reveal lucas as his illegitimate son or something.......then we see how it goes from there but those responsible for the show MUST APOLOGISE TO RICHARD THE FANS AND ASK HIM TO JOIN THE SHOW IN HIS OWN TERMS AND WITH THE FANS ACCEPTANCE WE CAN JOIN THE NEW MACGYVER SHOW.

What hurts like A BITCH is that we had no MacGyver show for last 25 years or so and when we got it back we got it without...........THE REAL MACGYVER IN IT.

I don't know bout you but this......................HURTS.....HURTS A LOT.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Remakes are ok, reboots are ok as long as they satisfy everyone : I mean if they don't 'destroy' the original character but/and (if necessary ) adapt to a younger generation.

I said it before :I blame 2 PERSONS who were in the original and in this ' thing' too .Period. They didn't defend the real Mac...

The actors aren't to blame .But the writers ,the consultants (? if there aren't any) ...they should have known MacGyver was 'bigger than life'.He's in the dictionary ,isn't he ? He's known all over the world ,isn't he ? He's an icon....so why this ....crap ,unworthy of him ?!
I don't understand...
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

Well, just like V says......i wish they had honoured the original show more........It can't hurt me, they can try, for me there is only one, and also in the younger generations after us, MacGyver is still alive...There is a lot MacGyvering at work, and I work with homeless youth......They still know Mac, so i'm not worried and passing everything through so he will not be forgotten....ever......
Just hoped they would be a bit wiser indeed.....that it would be a homage instead of this......
And putting RDA back in the show.........I thought a bit deeper....should he really take a part in it?????? I rather see him making another film with Paul about the Vaquita or something.......
Lots of love,

Lies

CMac

Post by CMac »

Yes, I think RDA has more projects worthy of his attention than this silly reboot.

On another note, I heard they cast some German actor to be Murdoc. Once again they got something else wrong--all while claiming they're honoring the original show! :roll: Oh, and he was in a Twin Peaks reboot (that is apparently so tepid that David Lynch, the creator of the original series, left) and is going to be in the Blade Runner reboot--when will they stop rebooting the best movies and TV shows ever made? When? You can't repeat the past and expect it to be as good! :evil: :x

I actually feel sorry for these new people they're bringing on board -- I doubt the show will last on the air long enough for their roles to be seen.
Jirel

Post by Jirel »

I agree with Honorius --that something a young actor is casting in a role that not suit him. If it was that the serie had another name...and no portraying macguyver. anyway i dont like reboot. What happen with the scriptors and writters in Hollywood ,they dont have any new ideas for new series they have to rely on the old one. this time ,it is only for the name and the celebrity that this serie macguyver bring .do they have thought that serie was popular because of Richard -- he possess angus macguyver with all his heart and work so let Richard be MACGUYVER.
hey try one time with a "young Macguyver "Jared_Padalecki (supernatural)in 2003 but it came down not that the guy have no talent (prouve surnatural is in 12 seasons)just casting wrong and the fan do not want a new Macguyver it is the same now with the new serie ---let the rerun of old macguyver be .it is ok like that-------what next reboot of STARGATE?
CMac

Post by CMac »

Shh! Don't say that! Actually, I did hear they want to reboot Stargate. Isn't that annoying? :roll: It's one thing to improve on the original film (which I thought was pretty cool in its own right) by bringing in the wonderful RDA as O'Neill (with two LLs ;) ), but it's another thing entirely to try to reboot the TV series and replace the RDA/O'Neill role with someone else! :x Stargate is similar to Star Trek in that it has enough spinoffs, etc. that trying to reboot it seems unnecessary (although in my view almost all reboots are unnecessary). The only reboot/remake I can think of that is based off an old TV show that was worth a darn was The Fugitive, and it's rare for something like that to turn out as well as that did, and now I hear that they want to reboot that, too! :x

On a positive note, I love your picture, Jirel! That's my favorite recent photo of RDA. :oops:
honorius

Post by honorius »

i'm glad many agree with my thoughts about MacGyver new show. like the previous user said.....WHERE ARE HOLLYWOOD'S NEW IDEAS...SCRIPTS.......ETC...ETC ?

What those dudes really did is to use the MacGyver brand for cash in reasons.

if lucas stared in the exact same series but the name was not....MACGYVER.....then I bet you a million the show would have bombed and no one would care about it.

only cause it's called MACGYVER people were interested in it cause MACGYVER means more things than some people think.

I also bet a million that if fans knew Richard was back in the premiere episode then ratings would have been DOUBLED....OR TRIPPLED than those still very good ratings the first episode got.

my view is......THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FRANCHISE'S IMPACT OVER THE YEARS....THEY DON'T CARE BOUT THE FANS.......THEY ONLY WANT TO MAKE MONEY AND FUNNY THING IS.........THEY WILL LOSE MONEY IF THEY DON'T BRING BACK RICHARD AND NOT FIX THE SHOW IN THE LONG RUN.
CMac

Post by CMac »

So a pig must have just flown by my window, because I heard that the network has decided to pick up the MacGyver reboot for a full season. :( Yuck! :x

Forgive me, again I know that sounds mean but I just can't stand what they've done to my (to our) beloved show. :cry: The writers keep soliciting advice about how to improve it, and if they need outside help to accomplish this, then they must not be very good writers. They obviously don't have a clue about their source material. :roll:

If they want advice, I'd say they would be well-advised to either scrap this reboot, or rename it as something other than MacGyver and use their own imaginations and creativity to improve it into something different, something of their own making. But that's just me. :)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

CBS HAS DELETED /BLOCKED ALL CYRIL'S VIDEOS.They can only be seen on YouTube in the USA now with references to the New MacGyver each time...They use them as a sort of promo for their show !!!!
I can't believe it. What nerve !