Gatecon: The Homecoming

PamK1950

Re: Gatecon: The Homecoming

Post by PamK1950 »

Oh, in case you're wondering, RDA "signed" his autographs using an embossed seal that said "save a puppy, break an arm" with his name in the middle. Some people were complaining that he didn't actually sign his photos, but most were thrilled with it. I'd say there are less than 500 photos out in the world, with that "autograph". I'd post it here, but I'm not sure it will show up.
If you can't say anything nice.....

CMac

Post by CMac »

That's actually a pretty clever way of signing photos, given his current condition. I don't know why some people would complain, that's too bad. What did they expect with his injury?

I can't wait to see more! :)
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

CMac wrote:That's actually a pretty clever way of signing photos, given his current condition. I don't know why some people would complain, that's too bad. What did they expect with his injury?

I can't wait to see more! :)
It seems like there's always someone that has to complain about something when something like this happens. It could have been a lot worse. He could have decided to stay home.

PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

It's a little hard to see, but this will give you an idea of what RDA's "signature" looked like.

One of the best photo ops (other than RDA's) at the con. These guys are absolutely crazy.

yolie

Post by yolie »

Thanks PamK. so awesome your pics and glad you shared the funny one with
some of the cast. Glad you had a nice time. :D :D
Anne

Post by Anne »

Ohhh, am hearing all kinds of wonderful things about this con. Pam, thank you for sharing pics and everyone else who has and will - I'm not on here a lot lately due to real life issues, but I keep following some topics. While I'm not a big con-goer I wish I could have been there for lots of reasons and it's lovely to see ppl sharing pics and stories!

I can't understand why someone would complain about a guy with an arm in a cast arm not signing autographs, omg, ppl should be happy he came at all! Very happy for everyone who had the chance to go and see him and visit Vancouver and do all the fun things!
Caty

Post by Caty »

WOW! Pam in the middle of the evil goau'ld! :lol: :lol:
How did you survive? You've got a symbiote inside now? :lol:

I think RDA's signature is quite unique, I don't understand how anyone can complain. I'm just glad, nothing worse happened and he will be okay.
Thanks for sharing, it sure was an amazing Con. :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Paja

Post by Paja »

KateR wrote:We would have preferred that you had REALLY been here. There was a seat available for you right in front of me. :)
Now, that's a plain torture. :evil:
PamK1950 wrote:Will this help make the wait a little easier?
No. Actually, it makes it worse. Such a beautiful photo. Can't wait to see more. ;)
PamK1950 wrote:It's a little hard to see, but this will give you an idea of what RDA's "signature" looked like.
Cool. As Caty said, this is quite unique.
PamK1950 wrote:One of the best photo ops (other than RDA's) at the con. These guys are absolutely crazy.
Wonderful! I was wondering whether you would take this opportunity and am happy you did. Thank you for sharing.
Lis

Post by Lis »

Thank you Pam for the beautyful Photos. Please send more.

Lis
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Hi Pam. Thanks for sharing those great pictures.
He looks so sweet...and you so happy with all the goauld guys. :lol:

I can't wait for more.... ;)

Those guys complaining about RDA not signing photos must be crazy...ever tried to write with a broken arm? I had a surgery at my right wrist last year, splint for two weeks, pain for months and thought I would go nuts with not able to use it properly....
I think the idea signing photos the way he did is great! And shows his sense of humour, too....

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)