Gatecon: The Homecoming

Annelies

Re: Gatecon: The Homecoming

Post by Annelies »

Waiting in patience ;) glad everything went well and wishing you both a safe trip home
Lots of love,

Lies

Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote:Gatecon is officially over, and all went very well.

It's going to take me time to add all the updates to the page. Fortunately, my camera was cooperating (thanks to a "manual" that the Photo Genius Paja wrote two years ago, which I kept), so I have lots of pictures, and a few videos as well.

I'm not sure how much I can get done here from Vancouver on a laptop, so updates may not come until I return home, but please be patient and "watch this space." :)

Kate
I'm glad you had a good time up there. And Rick too, I suppose. :D
Patience is my middle name, when it comes to news and pics of our hero, so take your time, Kate.
Have a nice and safe trip home.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Paja

Post by Paja »

I’m happy you had a good time, sad that I wasn’t there with you, and eager to see your photos and read your stories.
KateR wrote:Fortunately, my camera was cooperating (thanks to a "manual" that the Photo Genius Paja wrote two years ago, which I kept)
Kate
Really? That’s nice. So I was there after all, in a way. ;)

Have a safe trip home, both of you.
cmbj67

Post by cmbj67 »

KateR wrote:... updates may not come until I return home, but please be patient and "watch this space." :)

Kate
Thanks Kate, I will. :D :D :D
Claudia
KateR
Site Admin

Post by KateR »

Paja wrote:
KateR wrote:Fortunately, my camera was cooperating (thanks to a "manual" that the Photo Genius Paja wrote two years ago, which I kept)
Kate
We would have preferred that you had REALLY been here. There was a seat available for you right in front of me. :)

But yes, your instructions were VERY helpful - I ended up with ISO 800, Tv 1/80, AWB=tungsten, AF center point, RAW+L and he managed to come out mostly not orange and not blurry. Of course, the fact that he keeps scrunching up his face and constantly changing expressions makes it harder, but no camera can fix that!

We just had breakfast together this morning and had a chance to chat. Now I'm going to be a tourist for a few days and will be heading home on Thursday. Hopefully I can start getting some of this stuff uploaded this week.

Kate
Caty

Post by Caty »

KateR wrote:
We just had breakfast together this morning and had a chance to chat. Now I'm going to be a tourist for a few days and will be heading home on Thursday. Hopefully I can start getting some of this stuff uploaded this week.

Kate
I have some family in Vancouver and some years ago, when they visited Germany they showed us some pics how wonderful it is there.
Enjoy it being a tourist, relax for a few days, that way it's a short vacation. :D
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

Waiting patiently, Kate!! :) Enjoy your time being a tourist! And I hope you and Pam both have a safe trip home..;)
nicolemj@otenet.gr

Post by nicolemj@otenet.gr »

Glad to hear everything went just fine up there Kate, and hope you enjoy your remaining days as a tourist even better, and get back home safely and with the best of memories. Looking forward for everything you may have gathered from the convention, pictures, videos or whatever, and I know it's gonna be great, but please, take your time and enjoy your tour in the beautiful Vancouver. We'll be waiting patiently.
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

KateR wrote:
Paja wrote:
Kate
We would have preferred that you had REALLY been here. There was a seat available for you right in front of me. :)

But yes, your instructions were VERY helpful - I ended up with ISO 800, Tv 1/80, AWB=tungsten, AF center point, RAW+L and he managed to come out mostly not orange and not blurry. Of course, the fact that he keeps scrunching up his face and constantly changing expressions makes it harder, but no camera can fix that!

Kate
I'm still going through my photos. Now that I'm home I'll have a little more time to get through them. (I didn't realize how many I took). I hope you have(had) a safe journey home.
If you can't say anything nice.....

PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Will this help make the wait a little easier?

If you can't say anything nice.....