Your MacGyver story

Caty

Re: Your MacGyver story

Post by Caty »

You've been in Germany, too? I hope you enjoyed your trip, it's a beautiful landscape along the Rhine river.

Must have been very surprising to see those flower boxes!
Maybe it IS a picture of Lies' home? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
JackGywer

Post by JackGywer »

Caty wrote:You've been in Germany, too? I hope you enjoyed your trip, it's a beautiful landscape along the Rhine river.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lies,is that your new house?

https://jannick0104.wixsite.com/jackgywer
https://www.instagram.com/jackgywer_fanart/?hl=de

I continue to follow my heart,
that does not have to know the mind.

J.K.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

JackGywer wrote:
Caty wrote:You've been in Germany, too? I hope you enjoyed your trip, it's a beautiful landscape along the Rhine river.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lies,is that your new house?

Noooooooo I live in Lelystad........Don't know if dad (he lives in A'dam) had plans for new flowerboxes, he told me he had a belated birthdaysurprise :P :lol:
I asked a tour guide about it later, and she said she didn't know the story behind it, but that it has been that way for years. It seems it's some sort of production company (I don't know if they have permission to use the MacGyver name - clearly it is the same font and everything), but it looks just like someone's house from the outside. At first I thought it was just the home of one very enthusiastic fan. :D It certainly wasn't something I was expecting to find on an outing in Amsterdam! :lol:

Kate
I noticed them a view times on internet, but this, :lol: :lol: Never been to the Anne Frank house and it's close :oops: ;)

this is what they do:
About
MacGyver is a full service production company with offices in Amsterdam and Istanbul and representatives in Paris, Brussels, Moscow, Miami and Cape Town. Our head office in Amsterdam overlooks the famous Wester church in the heart of Amsterdam and is run by Executive Producer Rinie Jansen. MacGyver Istanbul is situated in the lovely Ortaköy, a tiny village in the center of Istanbul. Aygül Sonkaya, our Turkish/Dutch Executive Producer is in charge of MacGyver Istanbul.
MacGyver is a one-stop-shop. Our field of expertise ranges from concept development to production, line-production, sound-design and post-production.
Besides exclusively representing our Amsterdam based directors, we work with various renowned European directors, tabletop artists and photographers.
At MacGyver Istanbul, we create a ‘best of both worlds’ position: the office in Istanbul uses production and post – production facilities in Amsterdam and Istanbul, while MacGyver Amsterdam offers European agencies exclusive production facilities in Turkey. We can offer service and support @ any stage of the production process.
Bumped into this pics also:
Lots of love,

Lies

Cindy61

Post by Cindy61 »

:lol: Thank you Kate for sharing all that with us!!......and i'm glad you enjoyed your trip!!!!!! :D :D
Astra

Post by Astra »

LOL now MacGyver fans all over the world will order these flower boxes ;)

Next time you're in Germany, come visit me in Dresden Kate! It's also a beautiful city.

Since I read the entry with the shoestrings, I remembered that many years ago I shared a hotel room with a girl for a Stargate convention. We had roller blinds at the window. There were two options: Either have them completely open or completely closed. They connected to a loop at the window sill. Problem was, all the way up it was too bright with the street light outside, but all the way down it was pitch black and you couldn't see a thing. So we thought about how to manage to keep them halfway down. As they were sliding up on their own when not connected.

The only thing available to us were our shoestrings which we knotted together, connected the blinds with the loop and so prevented the blinds sliding all the way up.
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

You bet Astra!! It would be great!! :lol:
To bad it they aren't deliverable :lol: Asked them.if they had permission to use the name MacGyver by the way.. CBS agreed with it..I was surprised but OK. ... they are lucky I guess ;)

Had to work last weekend....
Made the tape roller with a rubber band.. the holder was lost so the tape was loose in the roller... wrapped the rubber band around the holder and through the tape, tight enough to use it as it should. We were out of erasers so I made a ball out of rubber bands and it worked perfect! Ready with work I went downstairs and our technical service was busy to fix a cable against the wall and did it with duct tape till they had a proper solution... :lol:
Lots of love,

Lies

Annelies

Post by Annelies »

https://dailybuzz.nl/buzz/muziek-op-de- ... style.html
Its a Dutch article, but I hope everybody can see the clip...a great MacGyverism😂
Lots of love,

Lies