Sport (any sport...)

tvero80

Sport (any sport...)

Post by tvero80 »

I thought we could create a thread about sport. RDA loves sport ... and Pam is a hockey geek ;) so... Le Mans (car race) yesterday, 'the Euro' (soccer) at the moment . I can talk about it because our team (France) isn't very good ...and won't win I think, so...
Feel free to share .I'm not familiar with some games :baseball,cricket ...so if you can help me ...
I know there are a lot of women on this forum. Yet, women may be fond of sport too ,right ? :)
V
Annelies

Re: Sport (any sport...)

Post by Annelies »

France may not be that good but we didn't even qualified.. I'm fond of swimming just love it!
Lots of love,

Lies

CMac

Post by CMac »

I'm a major Denver Broncos fan (as a native from Colorado, it's almost a requirement! ;) ). They are an American football team, and they just won the Super Bowl last year! :D I've enjoyed watching football since I was a little girl, but lately I've also liked Hockey and Baseball. Some racing is fun too, especially Formula 1. I sometimes wish I could be behind the wheel of a race car--it does look exhilarating and therapeutic. I could see why Rick would like it.

If we're talking about any sports we're involved with or have participated in, I am a dance fanatic. I know some people don't consider that a sport necessarily, but it does require physical stamina. I've been doing tap, jazz, and ballet since I was five years old. I love the discipline involved.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Clapping during the Euro (soccer) :
The fans of Iceland are the best at it. Great proof of fair play and positive values in sport coming from a tiny country .Beautiful and moving. Food for thought . Thank you for the lesson .
https://youtu.be/mav2kkvakGY
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

Even though I'm a "hockey geek", I do like many other sports. My second favorite is baseball. I was born a Chicago Cubs fan. After over 100 years of disappointment, the Cubs look like they may have a good chance to make the playoffs (O'neill would be proud) LOL. Some of the other sports I like to watch are figure skating, gymnastics, auto racing, equestrian events and swimming/diving. I've tried watching soccer/football, but I don't know the game that well.
If you can't say anything nice.....

Anja

Post by Anja »

Nice thread, I like watching athletics, gymnastics and acrobatics, eventing and winter sports.
I don't watch soccer, I don't understand the rules of rugby or American football and ice-hockey is too rough.
During my school years I did gymnastics,vaulting, acrobatics and athletics (school-teams and hobby), when I was 18 and started to study I took up horsebackriding and trained vaulting groups.
After my final exams I took part in eventing competitions, show jumping and trained young horses for their owners.
No more competitions today, but horses are still my hobby. I love the time I spend with them and they like me - that's what I hope.

I think France will win today - soccer!!! Nothing for me - 22 men and only one ball to play with!
ANJA
CARPE DIEM Image
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Anja wrote: soccer!!! Nothing for me - 22 men and only one ball to play with!
You're right,Anja . And it's true for many games. Boys will be boys ... :D :D :D
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

Until MacGyver came into my life, I had thought that people are either athletic OR intelligent.
And if there should be anybody able to be both, I could not imagine that such a person would be nice and friendly or even modest.
:D :D :D
For I am intelligent myself, I concluded I could not be talented in sports - and I wasn't... :roll:
But Mac taught me better, and I found out that at least I love running through nature.

I enjoy to go just on my own, and I am proud that I reached my aim of running / jogging more than 3 miles (5.3 km) without break!
:D

When we talk about watching, I love any kind of dance and acrobatics.
P
NiLa

Post by NiLa »

Just found that interesting topic...

I like to watch soccer sometimes, mostly the games of the German national team, and Bavaria Munich.
Sometimes, when we are able to get tickets, my husband and I are watching a game in Munich in the stadium.

Unfortunately my right knee seems to be 80 years old, bad cartilage damage, (the other parts of me are 42), so I mostly go swimming and Nordic Walking. I love to do inline skating, too, but everytime I'm doing it my knee makes me regret it for days, but I'm stubborn and not willing to quit that yet.

And my fingers are well trained by playing piano nearly every day.

I am also very good at marathon ironing (1husband, 2 kids, 1 dad and me =mountains of clothes ;) )....but if that counts as "sport" you have to decide.... :lol:

Anja ;)
Walk in love, walk in service, and you will walk in honor.
MacGyver
....by doing so our world will be better each day...
Anja ;)
MacgyverStarGateGirl

Post by MacgyverStarGateGirl »

I'm a huge Minnesota Vikings fan! I also love the Wisconsin Badgers!
I AM A BLAST! YOU SHALL SEE!