Attacks on Paris

Philippa M

Re: Attacks on Paris

Post by Philippa M »

Question is, how do we allow good to overcome evil without the expense of losing our traditional way of life?
How do we protect our sick, the vulnerable., elderly, our kids and women against violence if we
The people have nothing to protect ourselves with. . AND do we have the right to defend ourselves ? So if a woman is walking home at night alone from her job, say nurse, and is attacked and she tries to fight back. Is she allowed to? Part of the problem is changing these selfish attitudes people have developed. Two is making our governments give us people more power so we can fight and protect so we can have a life of peace and live our lives in peace, love and harmony. I'm so sad when i see and elderly person beaten for their pension and the law lets the perpetrators off.

We need to fight for our children our animals and those we love and care for.

Richard Dean Anderson is Macgyver! .... *my hearts duet*
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

Both points of view have merit and are food for thought.
B
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I didn't want to create a new thread but so many terrible things are happening at the moment :mass shooting in the USA, violence in the stadiums during the Euro (in France),murder in Great Britain (Jo Cox),...It's appalling. Are we civilized ? Or not? Men are destroying what they have built ... :( :( :( When I started learning English, I wanted to know the translation of 'la loi du plus fort' , I found 'the law of the fittest' now there should be another phrase 'the law of the...' I can't find a word.Can you help me? But the 'fittest' doesn't FIT!

V
Annelies

Post by Annelies »

I would say the law of love?? Think that is what missing at the moment...lots of hate, anger...maybe the law of hope?? Hope that love wins is a must these days.. But you want the law of the......respectful????
Lots of love,

Lies

frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

Or : the law of the "knowing to living together"

Yes, all the sad and terrible news mean : Now, some people lost simple values, values who make an human with soul and heart. The society today is becoming less intelligent !
It's a pity that some people don't understand the chance we have to living together on a wonderful planet, to respect us. :(
PamK1950

Post by PamK1950 »

The law of common decency or the law of compassion.
If you can't say anything nice.....