New MacGyver Trailer.

Kti

Re: New MacGyver Trailer.

Post by Kti »

Anne wrote:I think that criticism is one thing and being mad because this Mac isn't RDA is another thing. This kid is filling big shoes and imho he won't be able to fill them, but I don't know why ppl are so vicious. No one has done any harm or unjustice to RDA - he wasn't interessted anyway - and no one is forcing you to watch this reboot.

I believe it's fine to voice your annoyance and dissappointment but you have to live with the fact that the reboot is here and you can just happily ignore it. There's no need to keep bashing an actor whose only fault is that he is not Rick.

I dislike the mere idea of this reboot, but why do fans tend to get this catty and throw tantrums like RDA was personally insulted?
Many thanks, Anne. Those words could come from my mouth.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

Prequels may 'work'. I'm thinking of 'Endeavour' , the prequel of 'Inspector Morse',a British tv show (have you ever watched it ?). But the character was the 'same',the 'atmosphere' was similar too. True to the original. So...
MacGyver in the 80s was different (no guns...you know) .This trailer shows only violence and a younger Mac who is full of himself (worlds apart from our Mac but commonplace IN MANY OTHER SHOWS nowadays) .And a prequel which is in fact a sequel...I don't get it.
I'll watch this episode (pilot whatever you call it) and then I can criticize if need be...(but I have already criticized ,haven't I ? ;) )
CMac

Post by CMac »

Okay, so maybe it is a little unfair to criticize the guy playing MacGyver simply because he isn't RDA, but how about some constructive criticism? From what I've seen thus far, the acting and dialogue are pretty poor and in need of improvement from all the actors, not just the guy playing Mac. But come on, you have to admit this new guy is too smug. He escapes from a terrorist cave and then he's in a press conference? Who does he think he is--Tony Stark from Ironman? :roll:

Could I be wrong about the quality of the rest of the series? Possibly, since we only caught a small glimpse of it, but somehow I doubt it. They say that imitation is flattery, but they aren't going to be able to do MacGyver justice. They just aren't. I think I spoke my peace, so I'm done.
eve59

Post by eve59 »

For me,the main thing nis that Richard known that for us,HE IS THE ONLY AND UNIQUE MACGYVER, and a serie TV will change nothing

Grimey

Post by Grimey »

tvero80 wrote:This 'young man' is so smug !("just another Friday" ,not even funny :roll: ). And did you notice his face at the very end ??? :o Do you call this a beautiful smile ? I don't .
Hey, this picture at the end is unfair, he looks so stiff.
To give him a chance, you should judge the smile at 1:21min, that is much more relaxed.
(But of course out of the question to be compared with RDA!!)
P