New MacGyver Trailer.

CMac

Re: New MacGyver Trailer.

Post by CMac »

We're just offering our critiques of what we've seen thus far. If we're not allowed to do that, my apologies--no need to be offended.

I will say this: I had a painful, difficult childhood, and MacGyver did a lot to help me get through that rough time. Sometimes, reruns of that show were the only thing that got me through the day. Seeing it redone this way feels like a betrayal to me. That's why I'm so upset about it.
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

JackGywer wrote:My Divise in this case :
If you can not say anything nice,rather say nothing :P
You're wiser than me then,J.
Caty

Post by Caty »

CMac wrote:We're just offering our critiques of what we've seen thus far. If we're not allowed to do that, my apologies--no need to be offended.

I will say this: I had a painful, difficult childhood, and MacGyver did a lot to help me get through that rough time. Sometimes, reruns of that show were the only thing that got me through the day. Seeing it redone this way feels like a betrayal to me. That's why I'm so upset about it.
No offence, CMac!
To everyone here the TV-show "MacGyver" is something very special and Mac (RDA) someone very special.
Nobody would tell you otherwise.
But we should wait till the show runs in the TV - then we are the "old" people who will tell the kiddies of today, who MacGyver really was and why so many people in the whole world love that guy. With the new show nobody would understand this.

I guess, JackGyver couldn't hear it anymore and she's right, it's not very polite to bitch about someone, we saw only in a trailer.
"No matter how hard the past,
you can always begin again.
"

(Buddha)
tvero80

Post by tvero80 »

I hope we won't fight about this .Many fans are against it for many personal reasons (RDA isn't part of it, the trailer shows a VERY different man from the original...)
If some of you want to give the pilot a chance ...why not? I might even watch it myself so I'll be able to comment on it ( and criticize ? ;) ) afterwards.
CMac

Post by CMac »

There is no need to quarrel about it, I agree. I just stated an opinion.

Truth be told, most of the comments here about it have been tame in comparison to what I read in the comments section on YouTube. Many of them were outright hostile, but if that says anything, it just proves how many people loved RDA as MacGyver. :)
CMac

Post by CMac »

I won't, but I guess other people will. ;)

I'll stay content with my MacGyver DVDs. :)
bftlovesRDA

Post by bftlovesRDA »

CMac wrote:

I'll stay content with my MacGyver DVDs. :)
I'm with you CMac - this will just make me want to watch more of the real MacGyver on the DVD's I own and enjoy over and over and over....
B
frenchwriter

Post by frenchwriter »

As lots of people, I'm against this new MacGyver, because of Richard of course.

I think : If producers would have conceived a similar concept, at least, they would have given another name to their character. So, perhaps the controversy would be less severe, with a hope of a greater possibility of success.
Anne

Post by Anne »

I think that criticism is one thing and being mad because this Mac isn't RDA is another thing. This kid is filling big shoes and imho he won't be able to fill them, but I don't know why ppl are so vicious. No one has done any harm or unjustice to RDA - he wasn't interessted anyway - and no one is forcing you to watch this reboot.

I believe it's fine to voice your annoyance and dissappointment but you have to live with the fact that the reboot is here and you can just happily ignore it. There's no need to keep bashing an actor whose only fault is that he is not Rick.

I dislike the mere idea of this reboot, but why do fans tend to get this catty and throw tantrums like RDA was personally insulted?
CMac

Post by CMac »

Speaking for myself, I don't think RDA was personally insulted--I feel insulted. That may sound ridiculous and like an enormous overreaction, but with MacGyver being a huge part of my childhood, and with the full knowledge of what the original MacGyver was about, this just feels "wrong on so many levels" as Jack O'Neill might put it. ;)

If there is one positive thing to come out of this whole mess, it sounds like it will ignite more interest in re-watching the original MacGyver, and might even boost sales of the DVDs. :)

Also, here's a good article/review that some of you may like that pretty much presents all the same reservations I have about this reboot. I'm posting the link below (I hope that is OK--if not, I will remove it).

http://season-zero.com/macgyver-cbs-pil ... s-sheldon/

Now, the author is a little more sarcastic, and I don't agree with him on everything, but he's right about this not working.